Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


10-21-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
We are supposed to have near record temps today. Record is 86 but it is also going to be very windy. So today is the final yard work day of the season for me. Picking up the last of the walnuts, FINALLY and mowing one last time. I know this will be the last time I mow because the mowing deck is coming of of the tractor this afternoon. Time to put the snow blade or at least the mounting brackets on before I freeze my buns off like the last two years doing it later. No procasternation this year. That being said I hope I do not come home form church and sit in the chair and take a long nap as I have the past three Sundays.
 
Good Morning ! Bill & larry , Looks like another beautiful day here in Buffalo Bills Country , Plenty of sunshine and Temps to reach in the mid seventies. Could it be a day we finally win a football game ? Well guess we'll have to wait and see. You all have a nice Sunday !!!! BTW Larry I see Maytag in Newton , Iowa is closing it's doors this week after close to 100 years of operations!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Morning all!

Since leghome lives near me and already hit the weather I won't do a recap.

Just going to sit around and enjoy the day. Don't get to do that much!
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/21/2007


Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 72%
Dew Point: 57°F

So Far Today
High: 66°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph SSE

Today High: 88 Sunny. Highs in the upper 80s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Increasing clouds. Lows in the upper 60s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

P1010003-15.jpg
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/22/2007

Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.91"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph SE

Today Low: 65 High: 78 Mostly cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Highs in the upper 70s. Temperatures falling into the mid 60s in the afternoon. South winds up to 15 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 48 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain showers in the evening. Cooler. Lows in the upper 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

shot3.jpg
 
Good morning folks

The weird weather continues. It was 57 F on the way in but our high is supposed to be 79 F, although one local TV station was saying 83 F. Even though we had rain on Thursday things are still very dry. The ground feels like concrete.

It was an extremely busy weekend. My son worked a show and sell for Cub Scout popcorn on Saturday and Sunday morning. We also went on a Cub Scout Halloween Evening. We did not make his football game with everything else going on.

Since I was barely home this weekend no modeling got done.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning ! Bill , Jeffrey , Tom . Another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier . Looks like it's gonna get up into the high seventies before the Arctic Blast comes down fro Canada tonight with rain and cooler temps. Got to run have to take my wife's potato salad to church for bereavement commitee this morning so off I go. You all have a nice Monday !!! And how about those Buffalo Bills !!
 
There was a painter named Wayne who was very interested in making a penny where he could, so he often thinned down his paint to make it go a wee bit further.

As it happened, he got away with this for some time, but eventually the Baptist Church decided to do a big restoration job on the outside of one of their biggest buildings.

Wayne put in a bid, and, because his price was so low, he got the job. So he set about erecting the scaffolding and setting up the planks, and buying the paint and, yes, I am sorry to say, thinning it down with turpentine.

Well, Wayne was up on the scaffolding, painting away, the job nearly completed, when suddenly there was a horrendous clap of thunder, the sky opened, and the rain poured down washing the thinned paint from all over the church and knocking Wayne clear off the scaffold to land on the lawn among the gravestones, surrounded by telltale puddles of the thinned and useless paint.

Wayne was no fool. He knew this was a judgment from the Almighty, so he got down on his knees and cried:

"Oh, God, forgive me; what should I do?" And from the thunder, a mighty voice spoke?....

(you're going to love this).........


"Repaint! Repaint! And thin no more!"
 


Morning all!

I enjoyed a beautiful weekend in Indiana with lots of sunshine and temperatures above normal, but now a strong cold front will move through the state late today and tonight producing widespread rain and cooler temperatures. Some areas especially across the southeast half of the state may receive over 1" of rain during the next 36 hours.

Looks like a wet week for us this week!

5day.jpg


Well, back to the daily grind!

Anything interesting going on with you all?
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' everyone. Crowded in here this morning. Good to see. Another beautiful sunny fall day here in the Finger Lakes. We will get what Paul said only an hour or two later.......
 
Good Morning all!

I'm still tired from a very fun filled op session that I had at my Depot yesterday afternoon. There were 5 operators (incl. Cjcrescent and WCWbrasshat) with me dispatching/troubleshooting and we managed to get 10 trains to their destinations without any pasture meets. Now to work on GrandeMan and LGM to get them over for some fun.

Looks good to get some rain for the area over the next couple of days. We really need it bad and hopefully, no more fire alert. If the woods caught fire now, it would spread in a hurry.

Luct: Funny word play:D .

Paul: Just thinking, wasn't it you that went apple picking? Every time I see an apple, I think about the photo you posted of the delicious looking apple in the tree. Man, I would love to climb up and sit on a limb, reach out and grab one, and just enjoy the moment.:) When I was a little kid in Kentucky, my friends and I raided a peach tree. We climbed up into it and devoured all we could reach. We only had shorts on, no shirt. When I got home, I was covered in itchy hives caused by all the peach fuzz. Payback can be tough:D !

Phillip: that's perfect temperatures you have posted. :)

Tom: Slow down fellow or you will go right passed the station;)

Larry/Phillip: Do you go morel hunting or is that just in southern Indiana? My cousin in Mt. Vernon goes out every year and it is a big event for him. When I was young, I always thought he and my uncle were talking about hunting some exotic, Hoosier grown, wild animal. Later on, I finally realized what the heck they were going after, a type of mushroom:D :D .
 
Larry/Phillip: Do you go morel hunting or is that just in southern Indiana? My cousin in Mt. Vernon goes out every year and it is a big event for him. When I was young, I always thought he and my uncle were talking about hunting some exotic, Hoosier grown, wild animal. Later on, I finally realized what the heck they were going after, a type of mushroom:D :D .

Must be going on south of me! Not 'round these parts!
 
Three philosophers were sitting in an open meadow on a mountain philosophizing.

An angel appeared and offered them a choice of wisdom, money or beauty. One philosopher jumped up and shouted, "I'll take wisdom."

The angel disappeared and the philosopher fell silent. The other two philosophers waited patiently for the first bit of wisdom from their friend. They assumed he was thinking deep and wise thoughts. They would wait. But the silence continued for hours. Finally they could take it no more.

"Tell us. Now that you are wise what can you tell us?"

The philosopher looked up, blinked and slowly said, "You know, I should have taken the money."
 
Rex We do have some morel hunters around here but this is mostly a spring time event. When I was still for GM I had a fellow employee who found a state record mushroom near Fortville (about 10 miles from here). It weighed in at about 4 lbs. We had a picture of him holding it hanging on our receiving dock area for a long time. I love eating those little morsels but have never hunted for them.
 
Yeah, now that I think about it, I believe I got my seasons mixed up for morel hunting:o . I know they loved to eat them and made it a full day's outing when they went looking for them, picnic and all.:)
 
Wow, and I was joking on another forum about California burning up, and turning into living hell, before it falls off the continent. Check out the NUMBER of fires here in San Diego county ALONE. We're burning up!
http://www.fox6.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=93d8e76a-9a5e-4dce-8131-c9c63c7fefbf

SAN DIEGO COUNTY WILDFIRES:
[1]WITCH FIRE
[2]HARRIS FIRE
[3]DESCANSO FIRE (200 acres/ near I-8)
[4]THE CORONADO HILLS AREA - SAN MARCOS (250-300 acres/ 0% contained/ Limited resources)
[5]NORTH COUNTY FAIR
[6]DESCANSO VALLEY
[7]RICE CANYON AREA
[8]quaito FIRE
 


Afternoon, all. Josh, one of the reasons I left California was all the fires. Even though I wasn't in an area that was at risk for burning, I can remember many a day when the smoke was so thick you could hardly see or breath. We had one fire that lasted for about a week and it took a month clean all the fallen ash off everything. This is a bad time of year and the Santa Ana's seem particularly bad this year.

I'd be the philosopher that took the money. :) Then I could hire someone who is wise...and probably ignore everything he said anyway.

It's cloudy, warm, and humid here in Central Alabama. Rain is slowly advancing in this direction but each line of storms seems to fall apart as it hits our rain shield. I'm getting really tired of watering everything trying to keep the landscaping alive. One good thing is that I was looking at a butterfly bush while I watering. The spent blooms are dense and thin. I've been looking for trees for my downtown streets but they have to be thin to clear other obstructions on the sidewalks. I cut off one of the blooms, sprayed it with hair spray, and test planted one on the sidewalk. Looks perfect so I've got about 20 of them drying now. So every cloud (or lack of clouds) has a silver lining. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top