Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet O A members, I'm part of the Ah Ska lodge out of Oklahoma, did you ever go to the National Jamboree??

Jambo, no. I have attended two of the NOACs. Fantastic events! If you haven't gone to one, finigle a way to go with your lodge. I am a member of Ganeodiyo Lodge, Finger Lakes Council. Haven't been able to as active as I would like in the last few years but manage to get to a lodge weekend every now and then. WWW
 
Yea I've wanted to go to NOAC but most of the guys in my troop didn't care to and I didn't have anyone to go with. I know what you mean about not being as active. I've been pretty busy, maybe when life slows down a little for me in a couple more years.
 
Hey Philip, I was just thinking and laughing again about your list and this is one I know about, "How do you throw a garbage can away?"

Well, sometime back I tried to throw one away for the trash/junk pickup (garbage pickup wouldn't handle it)and it wasn't until the third time (weeks) that they picked it up. It had a wheel gone, handle was broke, and cracked down the side, but I had to stand out there and meet them when they came by and say it was ok. Darnest thing to get rid of!:D :D :D


I got to thinking about it, and that one is kinda twisted, huh?
 


Mornin' Everyone!

Tom, Is that Treasure Island Scout Reservation you are going to? Supposed to be a great camp. I haven't been there myself but have heard a lot about the place (I'm a Vigil Member of the Order of the Arrow). Back in the late 70's I was Camp Director at Camp Brulé in Sullivan County, PA and a few years ago took Camp School training at Hawk Mountain Scout Reservation outside of Reading, PA. PA has some great places to camp and much to see!

No, Ray. We are going to Camp Hart which is in the Musser Scout Reservation near Pennsburg, PA.

Unfortunately Treasure Island had to be rebuilt from the last round of Delaware River flooding back in the spring. It had just reopened after being repaired from the 2005 floods when the flooding hit it again. They were able to get it done so that it could be used for Summer Camp.
 
My main project for this week was to get my DC only Proto 2000's to run at a higher speed, instead of poking along. I have seven that needed this modification as my Kato RSC-2 was outrunning all of them. The photo below explains the modification quite well.

rewire.png


The modification is simple. It just takes time for me to do it because of the small parts involved. Now all of them can keep up with my DC only Athearns and they run circles around the Kato RSC-2.
 
So, I've finally gotten around to stripping the computer my sister gave to me. I've now doubled up on the ram & hard disks in my oldest computer. It now has ~380mb ram (wow that seems low, lol) and 120GB of hard disk space, 3 times what it used to be. Works so much better with the extra little bit of ram, and it'll hold me over until this spring, when I replace it completely.

As for my cold/flu, its all but dead now! Its so much better now, that I can actually eat, and be active w/o feeling like I was going to throw up...

Lastly, on to part 3... I've not yet gotten any takers on my container trade idea, so I think I'll be uploading them to eBay tomorrow. Check the Members with eBay listings thread to find my ID.
 
Good Morning ! Josh , & Bill , Looks like a bit more rain with temps around the mid sixties here on the Niagara Frontier. Not much going on here got a 25 week club dinner a bit later .Josh glad that your feeling better . Good thing it's not that superbug that;s out now MRSA . Just what we need another thing to worry about. well gonna go get some cffee from Flo so you all have a nice Saturday !!
 
Good morning.

Went out and got my flu shot yesterday. I have to go and vote in the state elections today and my neighbor will be over later this morning to help with the layout work.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/20/2007

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 90 Sunny. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 60 Clear. Lows around 60. Light and variable winds.

Took this photo this morning. I like the misty effect in the background.

P1010001-17.jpg
 
Morning!

Train show in town today! Don't know if I'll get to go though. Gotta do some other stuff ya know. Guess we'll se, huh?

Weather is nice for a change though......yes, it happens! Supposed to be mostly sunny & pleasant - high: 73. We had some wild weather yesterday though. North of here a ways was hit by an F3 tornado! Did some damage with it's sustained winds in the range of 160-165 mph, but it was in a more rural area, so it could have been worse. Still, sent five people to the hospital with minor injuries.

What's up with you all?
 


Mornin' Josh!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' jeff

Afternoon Philip! (My train clock just blew the whistle announcing that it is now noon.)

Been at Church helping with the set up for the Deacons Kabob Lunch tomorrow. Loaded up my fish cooker (for cooking the Salt Potatoes) and found a broken O ring on the propane connection so I had to pop over to the hardware stare and get a replacement. Then went grocery shopping. I have to back at Chucrch to watch the sound board for a wedding this afternoon. Sure glad I'm retired and have nothing to do......
 
Good afternoon to all. Josh, glad to hear your cold has run its course. Bill, I think I'll have on of those donuts - they look too good to pass up today. :) Jeffrey, it looks like you are warming up again. Was a nice day here after we got our paltry .39 inches of rain. Prattville High School is now 7 and 0 and we are ranked number 3 in the nation in high school football. There were about 40,000 people at the game last night. I'm happy for the football team but I sure wish they'd spend some of that money on educating students so our moron to non-moron ratio would decrease a bit. Going to get my last few switch machines wired up today and start tidying up the wiring going to the control stand. I may even be able to post a picture of it here soon and not have everyone laughing at me. :)
 
OK Jeffrey, here's a picture for you, this will surely interest you.

PRR%20B6%20at%20Cemline%20jp%20photo.jpg



Hey Guys, what exactly are these people in the photo doing?

VW-3-Detroit-Edison-wreck.jpg
 
looks like they're standing around, lifting some axles off the tracks onto a flatbed?

This morning: waited for the wife to get ready. Went to a hobby shop, picked up some mag couplers, a plymouth MDT switcher in yellow, and some other odds and ends.

Then off to Lowes, picked up some 1/2" mdf and 2x4's and framed out my 48"x92" table (at least, under support). Sprayed the weeds around the house.

Waiting for the wife to get home so she can help me move the table into the office (which will also be the train room).
 
Maxi looks like a wagon has tipped over and they are moving the bits away so they can re rail whatever it is on it's side
 
Went to the train show. Kept it on the cheap. Actually there wasn't a ton I was really interested in. I did pick up three tank cars for $3 each and two 40' wood sheathed BAR boxcars for $4 each though.
 
Phillip was that the GTE show at the State Fair Grounds?? I am supposed to go tomorrow and help with the CID booth but am going to mow the yard instead.
 


Phillip was that the GTE show at the State Fair Grounds?? I am supposed to go tomorrow and help with the CID booth but am going to mow the yard instead.

Yeah, it was that one. It was about half the size of the WGH show in January, but it was still pretty good. The layouts were good too.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top