rhoward
S.L.O.&W. Trainman
Ken L, $286 up to $450! Ouch! You might want to look into a little device that I have just ordered to help me find out what appliances are costing me that most to run and how I can keep my Electric bill as low as possible. It is called "Kill-a-Watt" and is made by a company called P3 international. It is plugged in line to any appliance and it calculates how much electric it uses per hour and how much it costs to run. I'm hoping that the information it gives me will make me think before leaving an appliance on all the time. One example is your computer printer that still uses a good amount of power in sleep mode. For my business I have a large color lazer printer. I had it plugged into a battery back-up along with my computer and some other items. My battery back-up finally fried and I replaced it with a larger one. The new has a built in power meter that shows energy consumption and % of power that is being used. As soon as I plugged in the printer, it went berserk! Alarms going off, etc. I took a look at the power consumption and it had gone from 25% of the limit to over 125% of the safe output! I now have it plugged elsewhere and only start it up when I need to print something with it. BTW the Back-ups unit is a 1300w unit.
