Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Bill & Tom, Looks like eevryone is sleeping in today ! I'll have a nice cup of coffe Flo with a bagel and cream cheese. Not to bad outside here no rain and it's warming back up. Carey glad to see you back and on the mend also . Hope you continue to hav good healht . take care all and hace a nice day !!!!!!!!
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Tom! Yep! starting to look like Football time. Sure is nice to have the air conditioner off for a few days though!

Mornin' Paul!

Got about 3 days of work to get done today, so I best get at it.
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/22/2007

Heat Index: 91°F
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 76°F

So Far Today
High: 83°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph ESE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

kcs2-1.jpg
 


...I also continued working on the derailment problem with the Walthers heavyweight passenger cars. I think I got the coaches fixed but I am still having problems with the diner and sleepers. They changed the design of the bolsters on the diner and sleepers. Also they used a different truck on those cars. I traded trucks with the coaches and was still having problems. I am now thinking that the problem is with the bolsters.

Tom, I don't know if there is the same problem with Walthers Heavyweights as with some of the corrugated sides, but this is a fix that I used on mine. Since you feel a rub/bump when you hand turn the truck, check and see if you have this hump: (You will have to take the bottom off.) ;) :)

First Photo is looking from the inside of the car down.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening gents!

Tomorrow I'll be driving my daughter Sarah to her college in Steubenville, Ohio, near the PA border - hope it isn't flooded like the western half of the state...!:eek:
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/23/2007

Heat Index: 83°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 75°F

So Far Today
High: 80°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph SSE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

ac4400-1-1.jpg
 
Good morning folks

It looks like the rain maybe finally out of here. It rained some last night after football practice but has been dry since. High today is expected to be 78 F. It was 63 F when I left the house this morning.

Rex thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that was not the problem. I had to fiddle some more with the Walthers heavyweight diner. I removed the center wheel set from the truck and the derailing on the curves stopped. Apparently the flange on the center wheels are not allowing the truck to move enough and causing the truck to pinch and derail on curves. Now I need to find flange-less wheels. I got the idea from looking at some of my steam locomotives’ driver wheels. I realized that some of them do not have flanges and because of that they can negotiate the curves.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning Bill , Jeffrey & Tom , Looks like rain ouside with the threat of it all day . It's not raining at the momnet so I'm off to our farmer's makret up the street from my house. Tom gad that you solved the problem of the derailments. Well got to run . You all have a real nice day !!!
 


Morning all!

Boy, am I draggin' this morning!

I was up WAY to late last night!

I hear it's going to be a hot one again today. Got up to 99 down a bit south of us yesterday. Thats a little too toasty for comfort. Weatherman says the high temperature in Indianapolis Wednesday hit 94 degrees, and we are expecting to tack on a few degrees today, and could challenge the record high for today. Heat Index Values will be anywhere from 100 - 105. Sounds like a party, huh? Wait a minute......didn't we just do all of this a week or so ago?

Ken, I'm about to make that drive myself in about a year. Doesn't it seem like they were just born yesterday?

Tom, glad you figured that out. I wouldn't have thought a shorter wheelbase like a passenger truck would have had that issue. Sounds like the solution is easy enough though.

Well, I best get to doing the work thing!

Later!
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Tom!

Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Philip!

Looks like a day of thunderstorms on the horizon. High will be about 84. I think the air conditioners will have to be started later on.
 
Tom I do not know how many sets of wheels you need to remove the flanges on but you could take a file and carefully remove the flanges yourself. I have done similar operations on my RR and with care it will work. If you are like me i have way more time than money.
 
Apple Computer announced today that it has developed a computer chip
that can store and play high fidelity music in women's breast implants.

The i-Tit will cost $499 to $599 depending on speaker size.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough, because women have always
complained about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.
 
Hey Mouse! Good to see you over here. I understand the larger speaker size is expected to be the big seller. Most men prefer ah, should we say, um, the larger uh, speakers. Yep larger speakers! ;) :cool: :D
 
I'm not a lot of anywhere on the boards. I've been working on making more money so I can afford more trains. Wrote an eBook that has gone over well. Got me a radio interview and a prestigious speaking engagement. It also got picked up by the founder of EFT (the subject of the book) and is scheduled to be given away with any book purchased--with my contact info on the title page.

(I'm supposed to be writing the second book now. )
 
I learned a new "DO NOT..." today!
When using a ShopVac on the layout, do not leave 1/87 scale cars near the area being vacuumed,...slu-oop...slu-oop...quicker than you could bat an eye...two gone in about 10 milliseconds. :o :o

Yeah, I dug them out and they were OK. Dumb, but I did come up with a new method for weathering. :D :D :D
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top