Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex;

Nah, not Thomas.:) His winding spring broke!:D

Is This the Pacific you mean???

Ps4b.jpg
 


Did you know that the word "chicken has been used 86 times on this forum?

Strangely, Ray (rhoward) seems to be connected with the word the most. Hmmmmmm...............
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Carey! Glad to see you back in here. But most of all, glad to hear that you are on the mend!

Appreciate it Ray! I'm getting there but its slow. Still have Dr appointments just about every week for the next month! Thank goodness for insurance!:)
 
Did you know that the word "chicken has been used 86 times on this forum?

Strangely, Ray (rhoward) seems to be connected with the word the most. Hmmmmmm...............

Hey! Huh???? :confused: I had that for lunch..... Just a sandwich??????;) :p

Somebody has way too much time on his hands....
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Yo, did somebody say CHICKEN? :D

KFC_modern_02.jpg


Carey, great to have you back with us! :cool: Hey i just realized, you can enter that pic of your Pacific in the August Photo Contest - this month's theme is "favorite loco"

Jeffrey, looks like your havin' a ball with that new camera!

Tom, good luck getting those passenger cars to behave. I've taken similar drastic measures with my 89' piggyback flats.

Rex, glad you found your way over to Breadn'Steel's thread, that's some modeling he did huh!

I'm in a celebratin' mood, I finally succeeded in installing my first LED a short while ago. I posted a thread about my difficulties with that earlier this summer; wound up just using a light bulb instead. At least I printed out the diagrams posted on Litchfield Station and they told me everything I needed to do, so I figured I'd give it another try. Hasta levista light bulbs - from now on it's YelloGlo Ultra-brites for all my locos! (when I get around to it)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
It was just an observation..........;) :D




Is that what is on top of it? I wondered what that was!

Yeah, you spotted it!:D

When I got the loco back in the 1970's, birds of any kind were not available from anyone. I wanted a spread wing eagle, as was on a lot of the PS-4's. Campbell Scale Models started importing Preiser figures, and sold them under their own label. There was a set labeled "Barnyard Chickens" and one of them actually was a rooster with head down and spread wings. Painted gold, you couldn't tell what it was but it did simulate an eagle pretty well.

I think it did that and still does that well to this day, esp. since there still doesn't seem to be any larger eagles out there with spread wings that would be more appropriate. Besides until I tell the story, all I generally get is where did I get the eagle from!:cool:
 
Yeah, you spotted it!:D

When I got the loco back in the 1970's, birds of any kind were not available from anyone. I wanted a spread wing eagle, as was on a lot of the PS-4's. Campbell Scale Models started importing Preiser figures, and sold them under their own label. There was a set labeled "Barnyard Chickens" and one of them actually was a rooster with head down and spread wings. Painted gold, you couldn't tell what it was but it did simulate an eagle pretty well.

I think it did that and still does that well to this day, esp. since there still doesn't seem to be any larger eagles out there with spread wings that would be more appropriate. Besides until I tell the story, all I generally get is where did I get the eagle from!:cool:

I've got that set in 'n' hiding at the back of my layout. That Rooster does look a lot like an Eagle even if is he a Chicken....... Oops! I said it again! Aaahhhhhh!
 


Good morning folks

Guess what the weather is doing. That’s right; it is raining. According to the weather mis-forecasters the rain should stop some time Thursday and by the weekend we will be hot and humid. It was 58 F on the way to work this morning and we expect a high of 72 F. It does not feel like late August. I had to wear a jacket to my son’s football practice last night. Due to the field conditions they practiced in the parking lot. They only practiced for about an hour since only 15 out 30 kids showed up. The coaches told them that they will be practicing on the field tonight no matter what and they should plan on getting muddy. They have games this weekend and need to get ready. My son will be playing in two games this weekend.

I finished sealing the tank cars last night. I also continued working on the derailment problem with the Walthers heavyweight passenger cars. I think I got the coaches fixed but I am still having problems with the diner and sleepers. They changed the design of the bolsters on the diner and sleepers. Also they used a different truck on those cars. I traded trucks with the coaches and was still having problems. I am now thinking that the problem is with the bolsters.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top