Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex: That would be awesome if you could get me the width that would be great. I plan on making mine about 8" to 12" long and a couple different sizes 20", 22" and 24".
 
Nick I also use a larger radii first and then go to the radii that I need or want. This gives me a transition into the need radii and looks awesome when completed.
 
Thanks for all the help Rex, Larry and Phillip. I should have my own made probably tuesday night or wednesday night. Boy I can't wait my nightmares of my big engines shooting off the track will cease to exist hopefully. I'll post pictures after all is said and done with the gauge and what modifications look like.
 


GWWR4099-Front.jpg
 
Nick:
Ribbonrail gauge dimensions:
5" long, 0.650" wide, 0.060" thick
These should be close enough measurements. I broke my good Stewart last year and had to use my Chairman Mao caliper.:rolleyes: :D

I would also get some 18 (for sidings), 26, 28, and 30 inch Radii. made.

Here is a photo of the Ribbonrail gauge. I don't think they still have that website.
 
Morning all!

Well, tropical depression Erin hit yesterday. It gave us a historic day. Thats the most rain we've ever had in a single day.....and it's still raining. But thats OK, it's been so hot here lately that the ground needs a good soaking.

Stopped by Anderson yard yesterday. Got some good pics. One thing caught my eye though. I've been by there many times, but I never noticed this.....don't know why. Yeah, you'd think after all these years they'd have painted this: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Prototype Train Photos/8-20-074.jpg

Well, I'm off!

Later!
 
Morning everyone!!
Rex: Thanks for the specs on the ribbonrail, looks like I'll probably get them made tomorrow. Was hoping for today but got roped into helping one of my wife's friends set up her wireless network at her place.
 
Was hoping for today but got roped into helping one of my wife's friends set up her wireless network at her place.

Do wives come equipped with that special kind of rope when they're born or something? :rolleyes: I'd swear my wife has the same rope! :D
 


Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/21/2007

Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 72°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 95 Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.

016.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Philip!

Mornin' Nick!

It's a cool drizzly day here in the Finger Lakes. We finally have had some rain that amounts to something. Maybe my garden will start growing again. I think I may get to spend some time working on the RR today....
 
Good Morning Bill , Jeffrey ,Phillip , Nick & Ray ! Our weather is a bit like Ray's since we live almost in the same neck of the woods . It's not raining but it sure did cool off high today is a balmy 69 with light rain . Not bad and rain is in the forecast for the next three days . We pay for the dry summer . oh well have a nice day all !!!!!
 
Good morning folks

Rain and more rain is what we have today and possibly tomorrow and perhaps Thursday. Apparently we are now getting some of the remnants of Tropical Storm Erin. We could get over three inches of rain today. The temperatures are down also. It is 60 F and we expect a high of 69 F. we are also under a flash flood watch through the evening tonight.

My son’s football practice was canceled last night. Not due to the fact it was raining but due to the condition of the field and the fact that they did not want to tear it up before the season begins. Unfortunately our field drains poorly and two days of rain can mean the field is a mess. However, since this weekend is their Raider Bowl games even if it keeps raining they will have to have practices.

I began working on a derailment problem I have been having with my Walthers heavyweight passenger cars. Granted some of the problem comes from the fact that some of my curve radii are smaller than the recommend radius of the cars. Since I am more interested in having the cars operate I am willing to lose some of their prototype feel. Following a couple of recommendations I changed out the couplers on two coaches and a sleeper to Kadee #26 couplers. This seemed to resolve the problem with the coaches. However on the sleeper it did not. Upon close inspection I found that the movement of the truck is being impeded by some of the undercarriage details. So it means that I may have to remove some of them. I sometimes have trouble understanding why so much detail is placed under a car. I know it is prototypical correct but unless I modeling a wreck with the car overturned one will never see the details.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Hi guys!:)

I apologize from not being here for almost two months, but as Rex said earlier, I've been real ill.:(

Started 1st of July with a roaring case of phlebitis in my lt arm. During this episode, my CRPS (Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome), also known as RSD started deteriorating, and I developed very large and numerous ulcers on my arms. My BP also bottomed out to nothing, which caused bad dizzy spells and even once had one while walking down the hall and I collapsed and fell. I spent 5 days in the hospital, getting my BP back up, pain meds for the RSD regulated, and just trying to recouperate. Last Fri, the Drs thought I had a bloodclot, but fortunately a venogram proved them wrong.
I'm now on the downhill side and getting a lot better everyday, but still restricted to very light activities.

I'm not allowed to drive yet, or go up or down more than four steps at a time, etc and haven't done any modeling at all. I hope to be able to get back to a more normal schedule soon.

I appreciate all of your thoughts during this time. I hope to be spending a lot more time here than I have been as I can, and hope to contribute more to the conversations and the forum in general.

Later!
 
Hey Carey great to see your back around and getting better. You know if you ever need a baby sitter to run some of your engines you can ship them to me and I can run them for ya to make sure they stay in tip top shape. :D
 


Ok Nick! You can play with Carey's favorite: "Thomas the Tank", but the Pacific is MINE!:D :D :D

Carey, glad your fingers are back working. Hope to see you over soon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top