Coffee Shop Part VI

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my track gate completed and made the final adjustments today. It closes tight with no wobble. I kept it simple using 1x4's in an "L" shape with a gusset support under the middle. Fortunately, I only had to deal with one track. The fun will be installing the track over it and through the wall. The track has a small area to traverse (soon to be covered) in the outer garage, then back into the main room. Naturally, I am waiting for it to cool down outside before getting back into that garage. I did start into the garage today and quickly retreated when I smelled hair burning.:eek: :D :D

It was 107 deg F. reg temp outside today. Last heat index I saw was 111 deg at 1:30pm, two hours before the peak reg temp.

The rest of time today (and now) has been spent on updating my track plans from all the changes, modifications, and new additions I have made. I didn't realize how far behind I was with them. Much of the work now is using a draft, seeing if it will work, make it fit, then update the master. I guess that I need to get back to it. I still have to copy the steel mill project into 3dPanit. I just have too much to convert over the other way, but XtrakCad is a very good one. Might use it if I decide to go for my NMRA civil engineering achievement award.

Phillip, you guys get any hotter you will have a Southern accent.:D :D :D :D !
 
Mornin' All ! It's a balmy 63 herein Buffalo , Rex sure glad i don't have to deal with the temps. you guys are getting , Jeffrey hope the rash clears up with the shot. I've been trying to get a prescription refill from my doctor for two weeks now. I thought I had it cleared up yesterday. So I waited for my Pharmacy to call .And who calls but the Doctor's office at 4:30 telling me the script is sitting at the nurses's desk and I can pick it up but not till Monday Morning since their closed for th weekend . Haven't they heard of Fax machines to my Pharmacy ? So now I have to wait another three days for medicine I've been out of . Boy they better not answer their phone Monday morning cause their gonna get a ear full . Anyhow hope everyone has a nice Saturday ! Another cup of coffee Flo!!
 
Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


08-11-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 


Good morning

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/11/2007


Heat Index: 87°F
Humidity: 77%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 81°F
Low: 80°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph N

Important Message

Heat advisory in effect from 10 AM this morning to 9 PM cdt this evening.

Today High: 100 Mostly sunny and hot. Highs around 100. Light and variable winds. Heat Index readings 108 to 109 in the afternoon.

Tonight Low: 78 Mostly clear. Lows in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds.

eggsandham.jpg
 
Mornin' everyone!

Well, the family is off to vacation. I watched them roll out of here a few minutes ago. They'e going for 8 days of fun and sun on the houseboat.

I got home rather late last night from work. God is so good! I just love to watch Him work! OK, here's the story....... I was going to pay to have a new transmission put into my car as it needs it and I just don't have the time to do it myelf. I mentioned this to a coworker and they suggested that I not put all of that money into a high mileage vehicle like that. I told him that I could put in a tranny for less then I could get a new car for and I know the cars history....it's a good car otherwise. Then he told me that he had just bought a new van and he needed to sell his old one. I know that vans history and it's well cared for. It just had a new tranny and it's otherwise close to immaculate. I told him I couldn't afford it and he asked what I planned to spend for the tranny in my car. After haggling back and forth I drove home in my new custom van for a mere $1500!!!! I planned on spending about that for the tranny! Here's a pic of my new toy!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Picture033-1.jpg

It's cozy inside too!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/Picture032.jpg

Guess I'll be cleaning the van today..........

Later!
 
Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Philip! Looks like you got yourself a bargain there. Nice wheels. Hope it serves you well.
 
:eek: $1500:eek: Goodness! That fellow must have felt something, to sell at that price. It looks like it is in excellent condition. Nice going;) :) .
 
Great deal Philip. I'd love something like that, nice crusin machine.

That's the after shot of your home behind?? I saw the concrete 'slab' what size is the garage? mines just 19.5ft square (sucks) the van is 16ft!!

Ken.
 


It's plenty hot here today. One hundred with a one hundred six index, and getting hotter. Inside my trailer it's a pleasant seventy degrees.
 
The thing is, the guy was hurtin' for cash, so he cut me an awesome deal on the van that he really didn't need and he got the cash he needed. We both benefitted. It rides real nice.



Ken, the tan house is mine. It looks a lot different with a house there, huh? The garage is "technically" a two car garage, but by the time you get the lawnmower and bikes in there, it's a one car deal.

The train room is the three windows on the left upstairs.

Here's a little better pic from last halloween (we've done some landscaping since then): http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j319/pcarrell/House/10-28-06.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening guys,

Phillip to get a set of wheels like that for 1500, definitely takes devine intervention --- congrats! (Ummmm...it does have A/C, right?)
 
Evening guys,

Phillip to get a set of wheels like that for 1500, definitely takes devine intervention --- congrats! (Ummmm...it does have A/C, right?)

Front and rear!


I know...I'll bet it doesn't have any windshield wipers!;)


Just got to be somethun!

So far, I can't figure out how to get the electric sofa bed in the back to fold into a couch, but other then that I can't find anything. I push button for it to fold up and the motor runs but nothing happens. If that's all, I can learn to live with that!

Oh, and it has wipers! :D
 
Last edited by a moderator:


He sure can play.

I've planted some special trees with square trunks, wouldn't ya know it someone has cut them down!!

really just the foundations for some decking, digging holes out is hard, tried a petrol hole borer but it's easier with a good old spade.

Ken.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top