ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Ooopps.... I forgot one. This goes between photo two and three.
The sequence would still be less than one and one-half seconds. The rocket burns for 11 seconds, then 3 seconds later the second charge goes off ejecting the payload and the chutes.
Man! You were really lucky that rocket didn't decide to go head hunting! I have a burn on one side of my face where one exploded about twenty years ago. Most of it's covered by a sideburn.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 8/4/2007
Heat Index: 81°F
Humidity: 93%
Dew Point: 74°F
So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 76°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE
Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 72 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
Good Morning Bill ! ANother beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier !!! Less humid but in the low 80's so pretty nice out . Well gonna have my morning coffe and check the mail , so you all have a wonderful day !!!!!!!
Yawn! I can't wake up............... Slept in for a bit this morning. Last week was no more than 6.5 hours of sleep a night and after 5 days you just run out of steam. The installation of the new sound system at my church has been postponed so maybe I will be able to find some time for model railroading.
BTW, while at camp I was logged on this site checking out what was going on when one of our campers came over to my computer, looked at the screen and said, "Oh wow! Hey everybody check this out, he is in a model railroad club online! Way COOL!". Four kids came over to "check it out". Quite a few checked out my MR photos at Photobucket and thought it was great. Model Railroading may not be dying after all...... We may have to sell it differently than we used to......
Happy Saturday everyone!
We are really into the heat of summer with 98 deg expected today and upper 90's w/heat indexes over 100 for the next 5 days. Come-on Fall!
Ray, you now know the true definition of: INCOMING!
RAYLOL,,,, look's like a change of underwear was required, NICE SHOT, what's on top, look's like a lemon.
Just got back from watching some railfan excursions go through, to dark for any pictures though,,, this is the beast we saw come through tonight, it's a clag monster LOL, it has Maybach engines,,, you older dudes will remember the torpedo boats from WW2, these had the Maybach engine the same as this one.
That was the "payload". there is an egg inside it. he object is to design a parachute so that it can come back down from about 600 feet up and not scramble the egg.....
Hi Gang, not much going on. Steve that's a smoking monster all right. I've seen Alcos that didn't make that much smoke, and they were 244 engines.
The big tractor busted it's fan belt so I out of work with it untill at least Monday. The thing is that it also needs an engine overhaul, clutch, and radiator. There goes the MRR money.
Time for bed so I'll say Good Night All.
This has been one of those weekends when "my time is not my own." Vicky is hosting a local womens' Bible study group here in the family room on Monday evening, and my workbench (which is supposed to be a bar) was overflowing with MRR-related clutter. So I spent most of Saturday morning cleaning off the [visible] top surface of the bar, putting the stuff worth saving into boxes* and stacking them in the serving area, out of sight. [The floorspace in front of the bar is where I setup the floodlights for my indoor model photography, so nothing to show on WPF this weekend either.] And today, the whole family is heading south to attend an all-day party that some friends of ours are having for their daughter's pending departure for college.
The weekend wasn't totally devoid of mrr though - I did manage to get to MB Klein's and pickup an Atlas TM GP38-2 that I'd ordered online, plus some paints/decals; when I walked in there was a stack of those Busch 1:87 scale GM 'fishbowl' busses that practically screamed "Buy me! Buy me!" so I got one of those too - my credit card was still smoking as I left the store
Have a great day everybody!
*This is the #1 cause of my being unable to find certain tools/parts/paint colors at the moment I need them...
Just a lazy day around here. You know the kind of day I'm talking about, right? The kind of day where you're forced to take a nap, websurf for pleasure, watch TV, grill out, you know, a tough day all over!
BTW, I was wondering about that egg too. Did it break?
Monday morning already?? Brigettes been sick during the night so I volunteered to stay home today.
I'm a bit croaky myself again, NZ has been really bad for colds/flu this year. Jan works Monday, Tuesday so I'll stay home.
My step Daughter, Jess, has bought herself a cheaper car so 'Daddy' swapped over the stereo and scored the old speakers!!
Well they are 6x9 250watts three way, so I made some boxes and stuck them in the van Yippee now my customers can hear me coming round the corner. looking for a cheap amp now for more VOLUME
Hope you like them scrambled... Actually most of the launches (30 total) did mke it back without the egg breaking. We had several that the chutes did not deploy and the rocket came back down into the ground full speed..... Splat!