ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Hi fellows! I hope all is enjoying their weekend and thank you for the kind words on my project. If you only knew how much dread I have had about putting up this drywall. Turns out...it wasn't that big of a deal...well...almost

Fortunately, my carpentry skills and straight studs/joists allowed for good joint alignment which made it easier.
Steve: Sky Blue coming up, hopefully by the end of the week...maybe sooner.
Ray: I think your Boy Scout troop has been camped down here. We are finally getting green again although we will never catch up to the -21 inches. If you guys look at the Weather Channel, pay attention to the drought areas marked on the screen. You will see Tuscaloosa right in the worst section.
KenL: Start your piggybank now for your retirement hobby. When the kids are gone and finished with there schooling, you will be able to be a "Carpetbagger" too! What you do is grab up the land and then when the boss lady tells you that she had plans for that space, apologize and say "Gosh Dear, I didn't know! Well, its too late now unless you want me to tear away all my loved and beautiful scenery." You know, it's the old "Do it now and later if it's wrong, apologize." (
Might work!

)
NZRMac: 40 isn't so bad, I know, I've been there and am now seven years past it and moving up on 50.
Thankyou all, feeling a bit groggy this morning, at least I don't have work

(I always take a leave day on my b-day)
Got some much needed socks, where do they disappear to, Oh I know into holes!!
and a cool magnifing light with a bendy shaft great for old eyes
Gotta go eat something, catch ya'll later.
Ken.
Ken M what was up (or down) in the yard under the concrete slab, did you find out why you lawn sank.
Ken M what was up (or down) in the yard under the concrete slab, did you find out why you lawn sank.
No not yet the landscape guys have yet to return.........??????? so do the kitchen installers, the benchwork is a crooked. The front door is bowed (too thin 25mm should be 40mm) I think thats all
Ken.
Evening Gang: Not much going on today.
Happy Birthday NZKen. 39 really isn't bad. Wait untill you hit 60. My next will be 65. I feel like I'm 24 untill I get to doing something like trimming brush and trees, then I feel like 95.
Time for bed.
Good Night All
I just goofed. I dumped the post.
Anyway, I'll start again.
Not much going on here today. I got some firearm cleaning done and I got things set up for Mary Ann to start working on her shelves for the container. I'll give her a hand of course. The sooner she can move things in the sooner I get more room in the basement.
Happy Birthday NZKen.
Well it's time for bed so I'll say Good Night All
Woah. What happened?
Oh well Say Good Night Paul. Good Night Paul
I'm getting tired and old, not in that neccesarely in that order.
Good morning
Happy MRRing
Good Morning from Tipton IN !
07-23-07
Good morning folks
I can’t tell what the weather is doing this morning. Right now it is getting dark like we are going to get a nasty storm. The weather mis-forecasters are calling for rain with a high of 73 F. Current temperature is 71 F and it feels sticky.
Over the weekend we had great weather with temperatures in the eighties with no hint of rain. We took the kids to Knoebels Amusement park on Saturday. Since the park is located near Elysburg, PA it is about a 2 ½ hour drive for us. The kids had a great time. It was the first time they could ride any ride they wanted without a parent. For mom and me it meant that we did not have to get drug on every ride. The best thing I like about Knoebels is that there is no admission to get in, you just pay for the rides you go on. That way since we did not have to pay we did not feel obligated to go on every ride. We could just sit back and watch the kids have fun. On the way up we stopped at Cabela’s. We were impressed by the place! I would like to go back and look over their camping and fishing areas when I have more time. Since my son is getting more involved in scouting he is expressing more interest in those areas.
Sunday we bumped around the house. I did a bunch of yard work. We had to do some running to get some things for the outside furniture. Of course one store did not have all that we needed which meant we had to hit about four places before we got everything.
I did finish weathering and sealing the wheels for the tank cars. I also fixed a couple spots on the farm house area where the turf did not adhere the first time around.
I hope everybody has a good day.
Good morning.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/23/2007
Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 86%
Dew Point: 62°F
So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE
Today High: 92 Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.
Tonight Low: 65 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.
Grandson of an ALCO Builder
Morning all! Have a good week!
Mornin'
Luc!
Mornin'
Bill!
Mornin'
Tom! Sounds like you may have an Eagle some day! Scouting is as much fun for us Adult Types, as it is for the boys. That's why I still volunteer even though my youngest son is now 37........ Besides, I like hanging around with people who take the Oath and Law seriously and every once in a while I get to shake hands with an Eagle!
Mornin'
Jeffrey!
Mornin'
Alcomotive! You too!
This morning is house cleaning time, then I have to drive out to camp and take more photos...... My youngest is coming home for his 20th. High School Reunion next weekend and he would not be happy with Dad's housekeeping ability. Easier to clean than to try to explain to him that he doesn't live here........

Good Morning ,Luc , Bill , Tom ,Jeffrey , Alcomotive & Ray . Another nice day here on the Niagara Frontier . NZ Ken Happy Belated Birthday ! Just remember from now on you celebrate your anniversary of your 39th every year . Tom, Knoebels Park is still open . I remember when we were visiting relatives in Wilkes Barre They took us to Knobels and my kids rode the rides . That was twenty years ago . It was a nice little amusement park back then. Glad to hear it is still running. here were recovering from the week long Canal fest . It was nice . I can remember the first one 25 years ago. Boy time does fly. Well better quit rambling on. have a wonderful day all !!!
I got a Proto 2000 GP38 from another member of this forum and I'm in the process of repainting it. Here's some pics.
This is what it looked like before.
This is what I'm trying to achieve.
And this is the point I'm at right now.
Would you believe the decals are just printed on white air mail paper? Here's a close-up of one of them.
looks good to me Jeffery did you just mask off the yellow front stripes and side stripe
The side stripe was done freehand. I haven't tackled the front and rear stripes yet.
Hi gang! I know it's late, but thought I would drop by. I have been busy all day doing the finishing phase of "mudding" on the drywall. Let me tell you right now, I would be in deep doo if I had to rely on my drywall skills for a living

. Gads, I had a heck of a time, particularly with the ceiling joints. I didn't do too bad on the angles. Now it is drying and I should start sanding it tomorrow afternoon. If you guys could have seen me when I was done you would have laughed your a** off. I had white globs on my chin, nose, hair, all over my hands/arms, and my bluejeans were whitejeans. Now I understand why those fellows wear all-white work suits.
Talk at'cha tomorrow.

Should have got the guys over that did this place, man what a talent those guys have got and fast, whole house was two days!!
I've been doing the tidy up touches on the DCC sliding staging bench, seems two decoders is best, one for each motor. Works great now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77PF8ZYqjX8
Ken.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)