Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning folks

The anticipated high of 92 F will make the first official Heat Wave of the season since it will be the third day in a row with temperatures over 90 F. We had a nasty storm roll through last night about 10 PM. On several occasions the lights dimmed but they did not go out. There was some pretty spectacular lightening. There were two houses with one mile of house that were struck by lightening. Apparently other than knocking the power out and scaring everyone in them there were no major damage or fires. The storm did not do much for the comfort level. It was still muggy and uncomfortable with a temperature of 76 F as I left the house this morning. We are waiting for a front to push through with some more storms but after it goes through the hot and humid weather is supposed to leave us.

Today is my son’s last day of football camp. My daughter has basketball camp today and her last day is tomorrow. She also has her last regularly scheduled travel league softball game this evening.

I continued working on the rolling stock I have been the last few days. I converted all of them except the two flat cars to Kadee couplers. I will do the flat cars next. I finished weathering the wheels for the flat cars and reattached the trailer holders to the decks and weathered them. I also weathered the trailers. Next is some airbrush weathering for all the cars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mornin' Paul!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Luc! Good to see ya!

Mornin' Tom! All the Thunderstorms and lightning went South of Geneva yesterday. We have a possibility of some showers this morning but I am not holding my breath. Better get out the hose again or my garden will be fried.
 
The Life of a Hermit - Day 6

Mornin' crew,

T-storms have been dancing all aroung my area, but they always sidestep my property - everything still bone-dry in my backyard!:mad: [Texas Paul, I'm like totally jealous!]

Steve what an excellent 'trick' picture - I was too slow-on-the-uptake to figure it out myself LOL :o

Hello Luc, been awhile hasn't it!

Buffalo Paul that's tragic, I'm glad I didn't read your post [about the 5 girls] last month when my own daughter had just graduated and was partying at the ocean with all her pals - I was enough of a nervous wreck already, that woulda sent me over the edge!

Family's still down in Myrtle Beach, and as the saying goes, While the cats away, the mouse will...monopolize the entire dining room table to do a systematic re-numbering of all factory-painted CSX loco models! I want every one of my engines to be unique, so I can run them on the layouts of other CSX modelers who might also own that same [original] unit#. A job of this scope can only be done when I have zero distractions...
 


Family's still down in Myrtle Beach, and as the saying goes, While the cats away, the mouse will...monopolize the entire dining room table to do a systematic re-numbering of all factory-painted CSX loco models! I want every one of my engines to be unique, so I can run them on the layouts of other CSX modelers who might also own that same [original] unit#. A job of this scope can only be done when I have zero distractions...
Good luck with that!
 
Afternoon fellas. Hey Ken good luck with the detailing job of the engines. Rex sorry to hear about your wife's friend, sad thing to happen. Hey is there anyone here that wants some rain, if so please send e-mail or drive to Oklahoma to pick it up. I'm tired of this stuff, I'm about to give up on a back yard and instead have a wading pool. Probably going to get the wire to finally wire up my layout this weekend, as long as I get my schoolwork done by then. Hope everyone has a great day.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-29-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good Morning Bill And Luc ! Good to see you in the coffee shop. Flo I'll have a nice mug of decaf and a bagel today please. Another dry day on the Niagara Frontier . If this keeps up we'll become the Mojave of the East . Well have to get going you all have a nice day !! Hi Ray
 


Good morning folks

The weather took a turn last night. We had a thunderstorm roll through with heavy rain and it has been raining off and on every since. Currently it is 71 F and the high is supposed to be 80 F. My daughter’s travel softball team just got their game in last night before the storm came. Last night was their last game of the season. We are off until football practice starts in August.

No modeling last night.

Other than the bi-weekly grocery shopping drudgery we have nothing really planned for this weekend.

I would like to finish weathering the 10 cars I have been working on recently. Then I will need to clean up the workbench some and decide on the next round of projects. I should also work on getting the garden railroad back up and running.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Afternoon gentlemen
Ray fancy some grass cutting, i'm going to do mine in five min's before it rains again we got 2" forcast for later

tommorow we have TWO steam specials through, one in the morning then two returning in the evening just 10 min's apart, Nice
 
Ray fancy some grass cutting, i'm going to do mine in five min's before it rains again we got 2" forcast for later

Nope. Don't need to cut the lawn. It stopped growing here a week ago. looks like mid August here in the Finger Lakes. Even the guy across the street hasn't mowed in a week. Hasn't been watering his lawn either. Guess he figured out why his water bill was so high......:eek: :p ;)
 
Looked like that guy had a 'Piece of the rock'! I went on a LHS raid this morning. Here's pics of what I got.

fafb1.png

The Proto 2000 FA1-FB1 set.

wt1-1.png

The water tower with flashing light.

af1.png

The American Foundry Company.

wwsw1.png

The Wayside warehouse with steam whistle.

grayballast1.png

The two bags of medium gray ballast.
 
Steve that's a great shot of how not to load a truck.
Ken Any of the big shovels could have lifted that. A Bucyrus-Erie 395 has up to a 24 cu yd bucket. No sweat for a shovel like that.
More rain here. Now every time it even drissels it floods.
Time for bed.
Good Night All
 
Paul, we are actually starting to get some of your rain. Things are looking up with a 50% chance this weekend. I believe we had about an 1" the last 3 days. What is amazing is my wife has been watering a portion of the backyard everyday during our drought and all it did was keep it alive, but absolutely no growth. The first rain we got, less than 1/4 inch, caused the grass to grow and it will soon need to be cut. Tell me there is nothing special about rain...or maybe something bad in the drinking water, hmmmmm! :rolleyes: :D
 


Good morning all,
I pop in and won't stay long overhere so FLO I only order just an'" espresso" Have to do some more tr.....
Hey Steve, just watch the old "Flinstones" movies ..They do know how to handle this BIG rocky problem:D ( Pebbles may be?? BANG BANG...

Wish and hope you have a nice dry/rainy weekend...

Jos

ps: about the weather , besides it is to "cold"I have no complains!! Just great "English Garden weather!"= sometimes a little shower than some sunshine with beautiful clouds so actualy not so bad as in England last week:eek: !!
Here's a picture of the garden from this year. The last 2 years everything was "burnt" because of the heat..:(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top