Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Alcomotive! That sounds like a fun weekend. My late Brother-in-law was an avid diver (at one time owned a salvage company that worked on wrecks) and used to tell some great stories of his diving.

Mornin' Tom! So, you didn't bring any photos with you this morning?

Hey Flo big cup of dark roast for me and maybe some French Toast with maple syrup. (Yeh, just put it on Fergie's tab....He won't notice.) I should have time today to get some decals on buildings and signs made for businesses.
 
Good Morning Bill , Jeffrey , Alco , Tom & Ray , Glad to hear that everyone had a real good weekend. Just some coffee and oatmeal today Flo to many parties this past weekend and to much good food ! Have a real nice day all !!
 


Hi crew,

Haven't spent much time on the forums these past few days. My family [wife & 3 kids] went to Myrtle Beach on a joint vacation with our Alabama relatives; I opted out because (1) I'm highly suscepible to sunburn/skin cancer and (2) I don't have many vacation days on the books. No problem though, I've gotten the pool almost rebuilt and I'm weathering all of my locos. Enjoying the quiet, but once in a while it does get kinda lonesome...

This weathering project is really hijacking all my concentration, I get so involved in it I forget about everything else. Been experimenting with those Bragdon weathering chalk powders - jury's still out on those, but they may offer a lower-risk alternative to spraypainting the trucks. I tried going to modeltrainsweathered.com, but they seem so uptight over there I'm reluctant to ask questions or post pix of my work - they take it VERY seriously, while I just want something to eliminate the 'shiny out-of-box' appearance of my engines.
 
Hello, Ray, Paul
just got back from a talk by the Brindle historical society about one of our local rail lines which was closed in 1969,,, some amazing stuff was shown including a picture of my both my dad's and grandads car's parked up in front of a viaduct, my dad was quite impressed by the talk as well, i also took our robert, he thought it was cool.
 
Hi everyone! Glad all seem well.
I have been busy adding an in-garage room 8'x 21'. The garage is the one that adjoins the shop my layout is in. I needed to do this because of trying to heat and cool and I have several tracks that run the inside wall. Tomorrow I will put the flooring down and hopefully frame up the sides. (I'm getting too old for this crap:o :D )

The wife had some sad news today. The lady, Carrie Walton, killed in the charter bus crash at Bowling Green, Kentucky was a workfriend that she new and liked for 15 years. That was so sad that that family's reunion trip had such a tragedy on their return home.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-26-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good Morning Bill and to all from the Niagara Frontier !! Rex My condolences to your wife's friend and her family . Unfortunately they had thier reunion in our beautiful city. Just sad that thier memories our shattered. A lot of people leave here and drive all night long to get back home. Better to be safe I guess. Take care all and have a nice day !
 


Good Morning Coffee Shop dwellers!

Thank you fellows. The wife appreciates your condolences. Carolyn had worked with Carrie at a rural hospital in Eutaw, Alabama, about 50 miles from Tuscaloosa. If you saw the news you could see how bad the bus was torn up from the impact with the overpass and embankment. It dumped many of the passengers (all family members) on the ground and it was a miracle just one was killed. I haven't seen the latest, but they suspect the bus driver either fell asleep or had a stroke. Unfortunately, Carrie was sitting up front.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon folks

Hot and humid are the weather words for us today here in the Delaware Valley. High today is supposed to be 92 F. It was 72 F with heavy fog at 6:45 AM when I left the house this morning. The fog was pretty thick as I could barely see across the street. I just got back from the mall for lunch and it is hot and sticky out there. The air feels thick enough to cut with a knife.

I finished weathering the trucks on the 10 cars I am working on. I began weathering the decks of the two flat cars and the beds of the two gondolas.

I forgot mention yesterday that I was already to go to the Train Show in Timonium on Saturday. We were getting ready to leave when we found out that there was a huge traffic jam on I-95 South. Normally this would not be a problem since I don’t take I-95 South to go to the Baltimore area. This traffic jam, however, caused a backup on I-476 for 13 miles. Folks were dumping off I-476 onto US 1 and other alternates and creating havoc. US 1 is the route I planned to take. Also my other alternates were jammed so we decided to go to north to New Hope. One of these days I will make the show in Timonium.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
just watching the news, we had some very heavy rain yesterday, almost two months worth in 12 hours, rivers rose 20+ feet, one man was trying to unblock a grid when his foot got stuck in fast rising water, firefighters tried to save him but he drowned, there were more drownings all round the country as well. Now the rain has stopped but another crisis has developed, a reservoir containing millions of gallons is bursting it's dam wall, two big splits are very visible along with a huge chunk of embankment which has gone completey. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6239828.stm#map
 
just watching the news, we had some very heavy rain yesterday, almost two months worth in 12 hours, rivers rose 20+ feet, one man was trying to unblock a grid when his foot got stuck in fast rising water, firefighters tried to save him but he drowned, there were more drownings all round the country as well. Now the rain has stopped but another crisis has developed, a reservoir containing millions of gallons is bursting it's dam wall, two big splits are very visible along with a huge chunk of embankment which has gone completey. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6239828.stm#map

Wow Steve thats alot of water, your ok where you are?? just alittle wet a I guess.

Ken.
 
Good Morning Coffee Shop dwellers!

Thank you fellows. The wife appreciates your condolences. Carolyn had worked with Carrie at a rural hospital in Eutaw, Alabama, about 50 miles from Tuscaloosa. If you saw the news you could see how bad the bus was torn up from the impact with the overpass and embankment. It dumped many of the passengers (all family members) on the ground and it was a miracle just one was killed. I haven't seen the latest, but they suspect the bus driver either fell asleep or had a stroke. Unfortunately, Carrie was sitting up front.

That's a shame. :( Our prayers go out to her family and friends.
 


Ken MWe are OK, we are at the top of a hill, very bad all over the country, four tornado's to make things just a little worse, the weather men say it was a once every 200 years event.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top