ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Fergie: When you open your hobby shop will you give us a discount?
Chip: Really. You could have moved over a bit so we could get a better view of the tower. Fortunately Mary Ann wasn't looking over my shoulder. That could have hurt.
Just got home from the hospital. Got to meet (and hold) my Grandaughter for the first time. Absolutely beautiful (of course I may be a bit prejudiced on this)! She was busy sleeping. I think she has had a rough day. Anybody know where I can get a tiny t-shirt that says, "My Grandpa plays with Trains!"?
Good morning Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/14/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Heat Index: 78°F Humidity: 92% Dew Point: 71°F
So Far Today High: 74°F Low: 73°F Rain: 0.00" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 6mph N
Today High: 90Mostly cloudy.A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstormsmainly in the afternoon. Highs around 90. Light and variable winds becoming southeast around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 72Mostly cloudy witha 30 percent chance of mainly evening showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
Goooooooooood Morning everyone!!! Another absolutely geeeoooorrrgeous day here in the Finger Lakes. What Flo? No yesterday I was buying. Huh? well tell Fergie to pay his own bill! Geeez!
Jeffrey, Hope your Mom continues to recover!
Today would have been my Mom's 90th. birthday. My sister from Indiana will be arriving tomorrow to inter her husband's ashes. Her family will be coming to Geneva to visit and we will have dinner at a local restaurant. I guess I better do some cleaning and make sure the SLOW is up and running for my nephew to enjoy. Looks like a long day. But first.... I'm going to the hospital tovisit my granddaughter!
BTW, Chip I have seen that photo a couple of times before. I wish that the foreground was a little better in focus..... I have checked it out in Photoshop and can find no evidence of uh..... enlargement by digital means. Hmmmm, silicone maybe, but not digital. I better check it out again!
Ray i have given the "Tower" considerable attention, you never know with these pictures, HE HE HE. Jeffery glad she's looking better today.
Did the final health & safety day today, ended with an hour exam, not fun at all, just to do an assignment at work in the next two week's and that's it, done, Phewww, next one is in november, 12 days long and more law.
Haven't been online much lately. Been tackling that painting project (Dash8-40C in CSX bright-future) and it's become like the tail wagging the dog - I keep finding these inaccuracies that take a loooong time to correct. I was hoping to have it done in time for the coming WTF but now I'm not sure...
Jeff, hope your Mom continues recovering.
Fergie, I remember a few years ago, whenever you went to sea we wouldn't hear from you for the longest time. Now it seems like whenever you're ashore, the family and property keep you so busy that you don't have much time for the forum - until you go back out to sea! Glad your ship has wireless internet now.
Ray, have you bought the new young'un some Thomas-type stuffed toys yet? Always good to expose 'em as early as possible...
Ken, not yet, but I have reserved the right to buy her a Thomas the Train set for her birthday in a couple of years. In the mean time I will settle for a t-shirt that says "My Grandpa Plays With Trains!".
Time to introduce my Granddaughter!!! Olivia Diane Howard.
Ray When Colton my grandson was three days old I walked into the hospital room with an HO Thomas The Tank Train Set under my arm. My daughter Valerie just rolled her eyes and siad she just KNEW it was coming. He will be two in October and he has finally torn the plastic wrap off of the box. I think for his birthday his dad and I are going to set it up for the first time. I have not found a train set for Alissa my grandaughter as of yet but I AM looking. Just wait until she starts crawling and walking and comes over to you with upstretched arms wanting to be picked up or Olivia's mother walks in the front door and as soon as Olivia sees you she reaches for ya. It is great I tell it absolutely fantastic.
Ray and Larry: Did you know there's been a warning sent out regarding a certain Wooden Thomas manufacturer. Suppose to be lead in the red paint. Go figure. There's a thread on the MR site regarding it.
Ken: Yah it seems that way doesn't it. Got a really busy month next cyle off on the 4th of July. Have a 50' x 2 1/2' retaining wall to erect and hopefully will be able to finish the deck. Lisa is also taking 2 weeks vacation so I best be able to sit back and take time to be with her and not slaving in the garden.
Ray: She's a Beauty! Nice name too.
Anyway not much else is happening . The fog has once again decended on us and the Fog Horn is blowing it's head off. The Steam shovel project is so slow. Not an easy kit by any standard, though I have determined I'll be making a second one as they are a good looking kit and will look good on the layout.
Good morning. It's going to be a very wet day here. Only thing I don't like about that is it will be very humid afterwards. Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/15/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Heat Index: 70°F Humidity: 94% Dew Point: 68°F
So Far Today High: 71°F Low: 70°F Rain: 0.00" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 5mph ESE
Today High: 88Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...thenshowers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 80s. South winds up to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Tonight Low: 70Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows around 70. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 30 percent.
Fergie Ye I had seen the Thomas recalls on the news yesterday. Now I have to go through the whole drawer of Thomas stuff I bout 18 months ago and make sure it is safe. I printed the list from the TV stations website. UGH but sure want everyone safe.
Good Friday morning everyone!! Cute granddaughter Ray!! I bet she is going to have fun hanging out with grandpa when she gets older and playing with all the trains. Hey Fergie which steam shovel did you get?? I'm thinking of looking into one for my layout later on. Man this time last year I would have thought that this summer I would be herding Guila Monsters but instead this has turned into a dang monsoon season. Been raining all night and off and on the past couple days. What's bad is the other day when I was mowing this stupid hummingbird was bugging, I looked closer it wasn't a hummingbird but a huge mosquito. Boy if they get any bigger they won't need hit and run attacks they'll just pick up people and fly away. Well hope everyone has a good weekend.