Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,
Ken L;) :D ;)

Day two of the coarse over, we did law today, very thrilling and exciting stuff:rolleyes:

anyway i think i may be tagging onto another three week coarse in international H&S, NEBOSH international certification, with a group from Qatar in September if all goes well.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


06-13-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good morning. Sorry I haven't been on for the past 2 or 3 days. My mother is in the hospital and things are starting to look pretty serious for her, so forgive me if I get a bit short tempered or fly off the handle. I have a lot on my mind right now.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/13/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Heat Index: 79°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 74°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.

french-toast.jpg
 


All this talk of retirement.

I guess at 53 I'm too young to picture it. Plus I'm just starting my practice. I'll probably get old an ornery like Doc on Gunsmoke. People will pull me out of bed to look at their bunions and I'll gripe and complain that it's 10 o'clock in the morning and why couldn't they wait till Friday when I had my regular hours and look at them anyway.
 
Good Morning Bill & Fergie ,Our mornong isn't as foggy as your's Fergis. It was sunny and cloudless here.I was in my garden yesterday all day and late at night I thought I'd snap off a few pics. of late spring bloomers. Enjoy and have a great day !

Showoff!

Love the pics unfortunately I'll miss the Peonies as they will have come and gone by the time I get home:(

Rex: I here ya I guess I'll have to wait and see how I feel in 10 years time:D
Might even open hobby store;)

Well the fog lifted yesterday and we were visited by several pods of whales, which believe it or not is not uncommon in these parts. Still kind of swell watching them go by.

Later All

Fergie
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey! Very sorry to hear that your Mom is not well. Hope she makes a quick and complete recovery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mornin' Chip! 53? I retired at 53 and haven't looked back! BTW, 13 lbs. as of this morning.

Mornin' Fergie! It is neat to see a pods of whales! I sure hope they aren't packing there belongings, waving, and saying, "Bye, Thanks for the fish" (paraphrase) ;-)

I'm waiting for a couple of arrivals today. Toner for my printer and...... well, I'll tell you all later.
 
Here are some interesting facts I found out today.



World's Tallest Building



The CN Tower-Canada's National Tower, is the tallest building in the world.



It measures 553 meters (1,815 feet). Here's a great picture of it that I managed to take.












tower.gif
 
The tallest point of any man made item is in Fargo ND... Measuring in at 646.4m or 2,063ft.

Oh wait, we're not looking at the tower are we?
 


Jeffery,

Best wishes for your mother.

My 90-year-old mother-in-law is coming home from the Nursing Home/ Rehab on Friday--exactly 1 month from when she broke her hip. Funny, doesn't Medicare stop coverage after 30 ddays?
 
Hi all! I have been waiting all day for a couple arrivals. My printer toner that I needed arrived about a half hour ago, installed it and another color is empty..... Grrrr. Then my son called to tell me that the other arrival has just arrived as well.

Ta, ta, ta TAH!!!!!! Announcing the arrival of Olivia Diane Howard at 2:18PM this afternoon. The package weighed in at 9 lbs. .5 oz. and both Mother and Daughter are doing well! I'm finally a Grandfather! My daughter in law went into labor yesterday morning. Olivia is born one day before my Mother's birthday (Flag Day - June 14). Heh, heh, I get to go to a retirement party for my former principle in just a few minutes. I think I am going to have fun...... (Great big Huge Grin!!!)
 
Jeff, I'll keep your mother in my prayers

Chip, that tower seems a bit top-heavy, ya think? ;)

Ray, congrats on becoming a Grampaw! I'll pass on the cigar though...


It's been thunderin' and lightnin' all around my office this afternoon, but no rain yet...
 
Congratulations Ray, all the very best to you grandad


This just came in hot off the press
Earthquake Details
12:29:46 PM (PDT)
Magnitude 6.8
Date-Time Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 19:29:46 (UTC)
= Coordinated Universal Time
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 at 2:29:46 PM
= local time at epicenter Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 13.628°N, 90.732°W
Depth 64.8 km (40.3 miles)
Region OFFSHORE GUATEMALA
Distances 115 km (70 miles) SSW of GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala
135 km (85 miles) WSW of Santa Ana, El Salvador
155 km (95 miles) SSE of Quezaltenango, Guatemala
1110 km (690 miles) SE of MEXICO CITY, D.F., Mexico

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 5.7 km (3.5 miles); depth +/- 5.5 km (3.4 miles)
Parameters Nst=155, Nph=155, Dmin=774.9 km, Rmss=0.93 sec, Gp=133°,
M-type=moment magnitude (Mw), Version=6
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2007dnbi
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top