Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning
Nice pics there, looks like everyone had some fun.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/29/2007


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 68°F
Rain: 0.03"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 8mph ESE

This morning - Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will continue moving to the north across southeast Texas and southwest Louisiana. You can expect a brief heavy rainfall and occasional lightning.

Today High: 82 Cloudy with showers and thunderstorms likely. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. East winds around 10 mph.

pancakes.jpg
 
Good Morning All

Dad is fine, just sporting a bruise to his forehead and his pride.



robert fighting with an anchor on the beach
P5280062.jpg

Steve, old buddy... That anchor looks vaguely familiar. You wouldn't mind shipping it back to me would ya? Make a wonderful lawn ornament:D

PS Dad loved the picks of the Station and Train! Sorry about your "missedadventure":confused:

Anyway the fog has lifted and I have another few loads of bark mulch to hump up the Rockery before the showers arrive.

Fergie
 
Morning fellas!! Hope everyone had a great Memorial weekend. Mine was good got to work on the layout some and was going to go to a drag race sunday but it was rained out. Hope everyone has a good week.
 


Ken L.

I'm thoroughly convinced our job is twofold: to put them through high school and to survive with our spirit intact.

(Later our job is help them through college and survive with out retirements intact.)
 
Good Mornin, Good Mornin ! A wonderful day it is here. Steve looks like your family had lots of fun . Congratulations to all the graduates. Chip you forgot to mention all the gray hairs you accumulate along the way and loose too ! Hope everyone has a nice day !
 
Mornin' Paul! Gray hair is hereditary you know. We get them from our children. My daughter-in-law is due in a week and a half so every time the phone rings I now jump. My son called this morning (in his usual calm voice saying, "Hi Dad, what ya doing?") ............ to invite me to supper tonight at his house.

Mornin' Steve! Great photos! Glad you at least got to ride the return trip behind her. I love those British steamers! I bet your kids had a great time too.

Mornin' Fergie! Glad to hear your dad is recovering. At the age of 86 my father had a hernia repair. Came home and the next day decided that he should do some lawn work. Decided to roll the lawn. Of course the roller (300lbs.) had to be hooked up to the tractor. He ripped out his incision pulling the roller over to the tractor. A few days later the visiting home nurse checked him and found it. Dad calls me to take him to the hospital (the nurse wouldn't let him drive there....). When I start chastising him for being stupid and not following doctors orders, he gives the classic one liner. "Well Bud (family nickname), we all do stupid things during our lives. Usually we don't get caught" (Big grin ;-) )

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Nice sunny day in the high 60s here in the Finger Lakes. A day like this is a "10" weather wise. Got some gardening still to get done so I will see all of you later.
 
Fergie i Recon i lost it off the rowning boat a few years ago, yeah right, i thought the same but the imbred yocals were watching it very close, it's there pride and joy, if it were further away from houses i's claim it with salvage rights.

BUT, you have to look carefully at what you pick up
P5280063.jpg


Just painted my friends trailor fire engine red, he's a builder and let me borrow it last year, he's happy for it to live here till his house extensions done when he will have the space to store it,,, It's a wee bit brighter than when he last saw it, should be fun.
P5290106.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:) Morning all!:)
Glad everyone has recovered from the long weekend. I'll be on my way to Lowes for a lumber run shortly. I am going to build a 10" high floor platform for the back of the layout. The height is about 62" and with the town of Providence having several ground throws, I decided to make it easier for the operators to reach them. It won't distract from the looks; just be more convenient.

Chip: Wonderful family photo. Tell Dustin to ease up and smile:D .
Steve: Thanks for sharing your family outing. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Is Mod Eskmeals a firing range?
Texas Paul: Now you are making me mad:mad: . Quit stealing all the rain and give us some:D .
Nick: How's the layout coming along? How the temp bachelor life... hungry yet?:D
Fergie: I can understand your worries with your Dad falling. My Mom at 91, insist on living alone. She has fallen several times, but we never know it until she accidentally lets it out later.
Ray: 60's sounds wonderful. We are long past that and dry as a bone.
NYPaul: Ditto on the gray hairs and it goes on and on even after they have their own families.
KenL: Graduation: It's just the beginning of your stress (and empty pockets).:eek: :D All parents should get a government funded, automatic pay raise when their kids graduate high school and go on to college (or don't).;) yeah right!:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had our last night at the ranch:D All packed and ready to roll, we've shouted ourselves some moving men and truck this time:eek:

New place looks great (must take a photo) Phone/broadband should be hooked up there so might catch up later.

Enjoy your day!!

Ken.
 


Have a safe move Ken
Rex yes, they fire allsorts of stuff at sea lions and seagulls from small arm's fire to tank and big gun rounds
 
Ken, I hope you have a smooth and easy move. Looking forward to seeing more pics of the place as you make it into your home. Have "fun"!
 
Ken as all have said have a safe and happy move. I would hate to move after being in this house for 31 1/2 yrs. When I was growing up I thought everyone moved every 4 yrs like we did. My mom would get a wild hair and off we would go. The only times I remember it being dads idea was the 5 acre farm in 1958 and the next house in 1961. He got the farm so we could raise beef, hogs and chickens. One of the calf's kept jumping the fence to go across the road and visit an old milk cow, The hog's rooted the fence and we chased them down the road from a corn field and the chickens had to be boxed up and taken to my grandfathers place because of a power outage so no incubator lights. After 3 1/2 yrs dad decided farming was to much work to do along with his factory job. I remember living in 7 house's by the time I was 16 plus there were two more that I do not remember so the every 4 yrs was not enough time. After I moved out they moved another five times so my parents have lived in 14 different places in 60 yrs of marriage. The longest was 22 years and the next was 14 years. Glendia and I have been married for 35 years and only have moved once.
 
YEA! Ken is on the move!:) :) :)

Larry, your childhood story sounds very much like mine, including the farm. Dad was a coal strip miner and as one mine would close we would go to another about every 4-5 years until we moved down to Bama country.
 
Sorry Rex. We've been so short of rain for so long that we're going to hang on to all we get. I've raised the spillway on our pond twice and will do it once more as soon as it drys out enough for me to get to it without getting the tractor stuck.
I actually got some MRRing done today. I went out to the shop during the rain and got the workbench cleaned off. Then I started going over the trucks off my 2, 4 inch scale gondolas. I had to straighten out some of the steel on one that had gotten bent in a derailment. Another one needs some welding on one of the journal boxes. The last truck is yet to be looked at. I'll get to it tomorrow I hope.
Well I'm off to bed.
Good Night All
 
Paul At least you can now see the bench, hope the repairs are not to difficult.

Well it's time for the run to the dump, i filled the car to bursting point, then we re potted some shrub's with the help of Gemma and Matthew just as the rain came down,

and look what i found on fleebay, it's made of metal in 1/87 scale,,, tasty or what so i got a bid on it, four days to go
fca3_1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning All

Ken... Moving? Why that was a great place you had by the looks of the photos.

Personally I never want to move as I would need a full train to haul my wordly possessions, might even need an "extra".

Finished the last of the Bark mulch up the bank yesterday and hooked up two down spouts to the underground drainage system (Weeping tile down 1.5' and encircling the house then draining to the city Storm Sewer system)

Yes Dear Dad was a tad distant yesterday as he couldn't help me in the garden, just sat and watched. No one in the family but me is allowed up the rockery as it is a tad tricky and requires good footing and balance. Done the odd occassional tumble myself.

Ray: Speaking of "stupid". Son #1 had witnessed the whole thing with Dad and after Dad had hit the ground and did the face plant and sitting there all cut and bruised with big bump on head. Had Tried to convince AJ "Don't tell your Dad, He'll just get upset". And AJ just thought to himself "Ya right you silly old man with all the bruising, like they won't know!". I had already heard the thump and was bounding through the front door and through the house. Parents! Whatcha goin ta do???

Well anyway I have several garden centres to go to, today so I shall be off.

Ken Good luck!

Steve: Ahh yes the reciever of Wrecks... The laws are very strict regarding that more so than people realize. The issue of right of salvage of beached goods is a falacy at best as the only legal party to beached goods is the reciever of wrecks who will keep in possession of 1 year all goods recovered. See I haven't forgotten my Admiralty Law.

Later All

Fergie
 
Morning everyone, sounds like it's going to rain again been thundering for the past 20 min. Kind of at a stand still on my layout until I get the rest of my turnouts. Hope everyone has a great day. Rex I've got some more pictures taken of the layout and some of the kits I just need to write myself a note to e-mail them to you and Carey. Just been busy doing all the chores around the house and have forgotten.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Hey, good morning Fergie! I'm awaiting "Coothood" myself. The scary part of caring for a parent getting on in years is that is us in the not too distant future..... I already worry about how much of a burden I might be for my children and wonder about how I will take growing old. BTW, there are four stages of Coothood. Duffer, Geezer, Codger, and if you are lucky Coot! I'm already and old Duffer. On the other hand I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, so I guess its not all that bad. May you be richly blessed for all you are doing for your Dad!

Mornin' Nick! Rain? Keep it there will ya. We've had enough around here (although the top has dried out pretty good in the last few days).

Afternoon, Steve! Nice "little" shovel that. Hope your bid holds and you can add it to your collection.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top