Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Gents,

It's nice around here. Got an invite to an ops session tonight so I'm going to be working the Western Maryland.

ward01.gif


As you can see the run a lot Alcos. No sound yet, but the layout was in MRP 2006 if you want to check it out. It's a fun layout.

Made some progress on my 30" x 72" table layout. At least I got the drawing done--or start if it turns out I'm not interpreting the photos right. I'm really feeling my way around in the dark, so if you have any suggestions, see my post.

Fergie: I can sympathize. My 90 year old mother-in-law is in a short term care facility for a broken hip. It got infected so they started an anti-biotic drip. But she keeps ripping it out and there are no longer any veins available. Now she's on oral anti-biotics.

Ken: Good luck on the move. You got the layout drawings yet? That RR won't wait forever.

Rex: I don't worry about being a burden on my kids. I'm just going to stay healthy until I die.
 
Good MorningtoAll you good folks ! Ken good luck on your move sure you will be happy with your new digs and can't wait to move in. Elderly folks it can be a good thing but I go over to my mother-in-law's and see her bed ridden for the last 5 years just waiting to die. It is sad . And to see the ugly bed sores that develop .It is just hard to bare. Rain , Our rainfall for may is 3 inches below normal so someone is getting it . And not us. Gonna go do some more outside work so all have a good day!
 
Chip that looks a nice layout to operate
fergie i'm waiting for a tipper load of chipped wood for the play area of the garden, i have had one load but it was not enough, glad you got the rockery under control
Just got a new dumper truck made by Siku, it's a new model in there 1/87 scale line of stuff, it makes a nice change from the new look CAT dumper by Norscot
P5300114.jpg

and another nice model just came, this is a Volvo L180C decorated for Cleveland Fire brigade, it's in 1/50 scale so it's a tad to big for the layout but makes a nice display model
P5300116.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Afternoon yall. Cuppa coffe please Flo.:)

Hope everyone is well. Wifey and I spent the weekend in Little Rock, (494 miles from B'ham), and visited with daughter. It was a good and bad trip at the same time.

While we were there, we got a call from my son, who was minding the pets. Our cat Beebop, who had been doing extremely well after the round with a kidney infection caused by the pet food, apparently had a heart attack and died on Saturday. :( My son said he had just fed her and she was walking toward her favorite sleeping area in the living room from the kitchen, when she collapsed. Eddie, (son) said that she was dead before he could get to her.

Although we are upset about it, she lived a very full life and at 17, it was her time. We are just glad that she didn't suffer at the last.

I wanted to get some pictures down at the UP shops of the Centinniel (DD40X) on display there but we were cooped up with some rain falling, so I'll just get it next time.:p

LR had some rain over the weekend and wish it would come this way, as I believe that we're down almost 20" for the year. Its so bad here that one of the local TV weathermen said, "It would be nice if it would rain here. Not so much for me, but for my grandson. He's never seen it!":D

Yall have a good day!
 
O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a day from hell, everything went smoothly till the phone call from my solicitor, bank won't release funds because the council Certificate of Compliance is not complete. The last inspection (Monday) found a couple silly things,i:e smoke detectors not installed. So without full payment to builders no possesion!!!

This is us sitting outside new house with loaded trucks for 3 hours waiting on a phone call.

Well with some arm twisting and promises we're in.

My family are absolute troopers, looks like we've been here for days already.

So had little sleep last night and the coffees just brewed so catch ya'll later.

Photos I promise, Ken

Fergie you must have missed the action, http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3559&page=5


Thanks for all the thoughts you guys.
 
Carey Sorry to hear about your cat sir, at 17 she's had a great life i'm sure of that.
Ken M that sounds VERY familiar, sat on the drive all afternoon because the bank manager was at a meating so couldn't transfer our funds,,, well he messed with my wife and paid the price LOL, anyhow your in so
When's the house warming party :D ;) :D
 
Afternoon yall. Cuppa coffe please Flo.:)

Hope everyone is well. Wifey and I spent the weekend in Little Rock, (494 miles from B'ham), and visited with daughter. It was a good and bad trip at the same time.

While we were there, we got a call from my son, who was minding the pets. Our cat Beebop, who had been doing extremely well after the round with a kidney infection caused by the pet food, apparently had a heart attack and died on Saturday. :( My son said he had just fed her and she was walking toward her favorite sleeping area in the living room from the kitchen, when she collapsed. Eddie, (son) said that she was dead before he could get to her.

Although we are upset about it, she lived a very full life and at 17, it was her time. We are just glad that she didn't suffer at the last.

I wanted to get some pictures down at the UP shops of the Centinniel (DD40X) on display there but we were cooped up with some rain falling, so I'll just get it next time.:p

LR had some rain over the weekend and wish it would come this way, as I believe that we're down almost 20" for the year. Its so bad here that one of the local TV weathermen said, "It would be nice if it would rain here. Not so much for me, but for my grandson. He's never seen it!":D

Yall have a good day!


Carey!

You are in my o'l stompin grounds!
You can get a tour of the JENKS shop if you request it before noon at the main office. Also they used to allow a pass to take pics down at the yard may not be allowed anymore but you can still get good pics from outside the yard and see the "hump" in operation as well as the diesel fuel racks and service center on the North end. (North East of the Jenks shop) Now for whatever reason if you are unable to get a tour or a pass dont sweat it....

Go to this street...when you leave the Jenks shop take a left which is Pike Ave then go to 365 (aka Broadway Ave) which veers to the left so stay in the left lane. The first street you will come up on is W 4th street follow that then take the first left again. Go straight all the way. this will put you between the Jenks Shop and the MOW tracks you will be in and on public right of way. If you right on to W 8th St you will continue through some backshop areas. I used to get some great pics in this area as well.

Let see what else...oh the best way to get to the hump yard...take 30 east to 40 east then to 161 south aka Jacksonville Hwy take a right on W Bethany Rd and run it down to the yard!


Also there is a nice Hobby shop called ONE TRACK MIND in Mabelvale. It's run by my o'l friend Mark Silverberg. It is next to the UP double main lines as well. Take I 30 west to Mabelvale exit, go south on Mabelvale Pike to Helm Drive and take a left this turns into Train Station Drive and follow it til you see the Depot! PM me I will have a message for you to give him.... :-) Here is his website...

http://www.arkansasweb.com/onetrackmind/


Be sure to stop over at the MoPac Union Station adjacent to Cantrell RD which is als La Harpe Rd (I recommend taking that from 67/70 which crosses the river from the Jenks shop) across from Dillards Home Office. Also if you are luck the LRW runs Alcos from Perry to LR in the merge right there in front of the Union Station there to get to the yard.

Well I could type more for ya...I lived there for 9 years ...how I miss that place so much. A lot of action! If you have a laptop and use google maps my directions will make better sense.

Have fun!
:D


OOOPS you already went and now not there...darn ....next time eh?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hi Gang: Steve I saw that shovel on construction scale models sight last night. Lucky for you it's is newer then my era or I'd be bidding against you.
I looked through the entire csm sight last night and couldn't find a 1945 to 1950s era Euclid dump truck. There was a phicture of a LLD tandem axle truck in there ad but I couldn't find it in the catalogue. Since I was looking for 1/87 scale stuff I guess it maybe in another scale. Rats.
A little more rain this morning but clear now. Mary Ann and I went down to the creek to check the crossing to check it out. We found that the creek had filled the crossing with mud and silt again and washed away the rock that I put in to widen it. So I willl have to do it all again. At least I'm getting in practice.
Good Night All
 
You know what they say Paul practice makes perfect, I know it's been raining here like crazy as well. Darn grass is going to get tall again and stay wet enough that it'll be a pain in the butt to mow.
 
Hi gang

Congrats NZKen on getting moved in, gosh that sounds sooo familiar! Seems like it's always some idiot in a 3rd-party organization that can torpedo the best laid plans.

Carey, condolences on the kitty. At least she went quietly, like you said. Hope you get to enjoy some UP railfannin' in Little Rock.

Steve that's quite a 'vator you're bidding on, sure hope you win it! I passed a construction site by the New Jersey Turnpike with a few of those Volvo articulated dumpers like the one you've got.

Chip - that's quite a collection of geeps on your friend's layout. I thought they were C&NW at first.

I feel like I live on I-95, spent the day driving Sarah back from NJ. Not much time for anything else. Told her this will be the very last time I'm gonna make this trip.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, too busy for any photo's mayby 2moro:D Didn't fall into bed until midnight and up this morning at 5.30, I guess it's just excitement;)

Ken.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Steve!

Mornin' Steve!

Yesterday the truck went to the dealer for brake repair. I feel very lucky no real damage to the wheel, the rotor is OK, and the brake pads are a little extra worn but did not need to be replaced. They did a flush of the brake lines and replaced the fluid, scuffed up the brake pads on the front left (so they would grab a bit more), checked the bearings, inspected the entire brake system, and did an oil change. I drove away a happy man and only $150 poorer. I may still have some $ left for train stuff.:D Got 3 days of work to get done today before you western US folks send us several days of rain here in the Northeast, so I best get to work (The rain may give me some time to play with the trains.....)
 


afternoon break time,

am i ready for a brew
Ray three days work in one day, good luck you'll need it
Ken M give it a week and you will be nice and settled ready for the
House warming Party ;) :D ;) At Ken's Anyone care to join in the fun ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top