Coffee Shop Part V

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Rex no I didn't bring back any extra cash I only gambled $10 (big gambler I know). I was more into checking out all the craziness out there, like the roller costers inside casinos and on top of them. Awesome stuff, also picked up a bridge out there to fit on my track; talk about luck. Anyways how's the rework coming on your track??
 
Nick, I always wanted to go out there and see all the fantastic sights. I like to play cards, but I am a nickel and dimer. I use to have fun on the slots when I was in the Air Force clubs, but again...nickels and dimes.:D

I'm still busy on the rework, with all the main track done on the coalmine rework (I have to order some TO's for the sidings) and can get back over to the steelmill. I have almost reached the point that I have to do some scenery (hills w/tunnel) before I can finish laying track in the steel town.:)
 
Yea Rex I'm the same way I play the penny slots and the cheapest blackjack tables. Sounds like your making some progress on your re-work, now that I'm back in the MR mode I'll shoot some pictures tonight and send them to you and CJ.
 


Afternoon
Nick
Rex

nothing new today, another Groundhog Day just devouring a bowl of ice cream and jelly, jello or what ever you giys call it, it's the green wobbly type, very tasty, Mmmm
 
Long day at school.... Especially for a retired teacher. Had sound checks and set up all day. Went to load some canned sound tracks on my laptop (iTunes) to accompany some small ensembles and dance routines and my old laptop couldn't open iTunes and wouldn't even shut down. I force quit everything I could, and it said that iTunes was open and couldn't be shut down. I finally unplugged the 500 gig HD that I keep all my tunes on and it gave me a "you have been a bad boy and didn't put away the HD properly (actually I had) and then it shut down. However it refused to find the HD when I rebooted. Tried to repair permissions twice and it wouldn't complete the process. I finally started iTunes and it ran without the HD but of course had no songs as they are on the 500 gig HD. Was able to finish the rehearsal just playing the songs on the CD's in iTunes. I brought the HD home with me and plugged it into my G5 Mac at home (the laptop is an ancient G4) it still wouldn't load but did mess up the system profiler so that it couldn't find any info about the Firewire system. Changed the cord on the HD with another Firewire cord and ..... Whalla! it works. Don't you just love technology? My blood pressure will be back to normal in a couple of hours. I will run Disk Warrior on the laptop while rehearsal is going on tomorrow and rebuild the HD directory. I am not used to the Mac doing anything but working flawlessly and on those rare instances that something like this happens, I tend to panic.:eek: :eek: :D

BTW Rex, I hit the Panic Button to send a message to Bergie (probably one of a hundred or so) to let him know that Big Al was having a bad day over there. Got a "thank you" in my mailbox today from him. I have gotten so that I spend less and less time over there as there seems to be a wealth of that kind of thing going on as well as tons of very bad advise from people who have no clue. Sad as I used to love that forum. This one is now home and I check out the other one from time to time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good morning ! from Indiana. :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


05-18-07

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114


Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23 5/18/2007

Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 62%
Dew Point: 47°F

So Far Today
High: 60°F
Low: 56°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NE

Today High: 80 Mostly sunny. Highs around 80. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.

scambledeggs.jpg
 
Good Friday morning to everyone!!! Well progress is slow but sure, I didn't get to take any pictures last night because I got caught up putting together my truss bridge kit!! Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.
 
... Well progress is slow but sure, I didn't get to take any pictures last night because I got caught up putting together my truss bridge kit!! Well I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sounds like a true model railroader, Nick!:)

Mornin' yall! Big cup o'joe there Sabrina! Some nice B&E, sunnyside up, biscuits, red eye gravy and a big glass of OJ. :D:D

I'm headed to Rex's this mornin' for some operations, fun, BS and just some good times! Don't yall wish you wuz here?:D Although I'm not sure if the area could take the amount of fertilizer that would be generated!:rolleyes:
 
Good Morning from Buffalo ! Hope all have a great day ! I'll take a cup of coffee and oatmeal today Flo !!!!
 
Good afternoon all. Got to the shop this morning and started in on cutting out pieces for 25 more desks. Got it all cut in about three hours. A lot of wood went across the table saw.
 
Jeffery, Nick, Ken, Ray, Alco how ya'll doing

I just bought a fantastic addition to the railroad, it's BIG, YELLOW, has a BUCKET and i'm drooooling BIG time, just posted a pic on weekend photo fun;) :D
 
shipping would be expensive Nick
Ken & Ken great links gent's, the vid was funny, poor guy must hate the internet now. The Russian stuff was very interesting reading.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top