ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Wow Jeff, lightning seems to follow you everywhere - glad you weren't sitting at your keyboard when it hit!
Steve, interesting footage of that Australian tornado. I wonder, do they spin in the opposite direction from ones in the northern hemisphere?
I got to watch a very interesting problem getting solved during lunch break today - a Cat loader with a seized-up motor was pushed onto a lowboy trailer. They had to use another slightly-smaller loader to shove it on, plus a bobcat pushing sideways to keep the bucket arm and front axel from jack-knifeing. Always wondered how dead tractors were hauled back to the repair shop. Interesting teamwork/choreography, learn something new everyday!
First order of business today will be laying out the new cut pieces for 5 desks for staining. Also the already stained pieces for 6 others will be going through the poly booth and will have to be lightly sanded when they come out. All in all, it's going to be a busy day.
After work I'll be going to the computer repair to pick up a new main board for my parents computer. A PC Chips board with a 3600+ AMD processor. It's getting hard to find boards with IDE ports these days. Everythings going over to Seta. Guess who gets to install the thing. They won't pay a tech to do it and neither of them know how to do it, so that only leaves one person. Like the line from the old song 'Charlie Brown' goes "Why does everybody keep pickin' on me?". Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/16/2007
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 68°F Humidity: 93% Dew Point: 66°F
So Far Today High: 70°F Low: 68°F Rain: 0.00" Rain Rate: 0.00"/h Gust: 6mph NNE
Today High: 82Mostly cloudy with a50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. West winds up to 10 mph shifting to the north around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 55Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. A20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cooler. Lows in the mid 50s. North winds around 10 mph.
Morning everyone, I made it back safe and sound from Vegas!! Man I'm tired the time change really messed with me. I was waking up at 4am out there because I'm use to getting up at 6 here. Well gotta survive the work day, see everyone later.
My 90 year-old mother-in-law broke her hip and fell last night. My wife and I have been up all night. I actually got a couple hours sleep between the ambulance and getting the kids off to school. Looks like surgery if she's healthy and I think she is.
She's disoriented and keeps trying to get out of bed.
I keep slipping in and out myself. Used to be I could stay up all night and go to work just fine. I'm growing into a wimp. Flo nuther coffee and make it a tall one.
Mornin' NickB! Hopefully you didn't lose too much out there in Vegas.....
Mornin' Chip! So, so sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law's fall. Hope she is able to recover and the surgery goes well. Your family is in my prayers! This is a tough time for you I know.....
Chip best wishes to your MIL, as for turning into a wimp, it's just the years creaping up on you, it's the only thing certain in life, you keep getting older.
I got my latest egnine today, a class 57 freightliner made by Bachmann branch-line, it's a very fine locomotive with loads of very fine detail. All the handrails are pre fitted and are stainless steel, the real one's are chrome plated, it's all wheel drive, DCC ready and directional LED head and tail lights, all in all very nice, and it was £20 less than store price.
Todays double headed STEAM TRAIN video by Don Burgess, i missed it as i was in work, this was an empty coaching stock move to Scotland, i was more impressed than the poor sheep in this field DON's web site
Afternoon All ! Chip sorry to hear about your MIL . Breaking a hip at that age is a tough battle,Will keep her in my prayers.We had a nice storm come through here last night. Two fronts clashing are not fun. But one good thing it brought down what was left of the broken limbs from our last October storm. Well work to get done .So hope all have a good day !!!!!
Evening Gang: Boy it's getting ugly across the street. Bergie is going to have his hands full in the morning.
Chip tell you MIL that I said Hi and hope that she gets well soon. My best to her.
I once did a 72 hour stint on a search and rescue when I was in Civil Air Patrol. Later I put 14 hours of blade time on a UH-1-D in Viet Nam. Today I'm lucky to make it to Letterman.
No MRRing today , again. I worked on cutting brush on the UP right of way so we can see the trains coming. I didn't get finished because the tractor got a flat. That makes 2 tractors with leaks in the left rear tire. The guy that makes service calls to ix them will be real happy tomorrow.
Well it's time to hit the sack.
Good Night All
Rex, you know what really cracks me up? All those members who start their own do-not-feed-the-troll threads, lecturing to people not to clutter up Page 1...Okaaay...LMAO!
Thanks to all the well-wishers for my mother-in-law.
Got some sleep last night. Yesterday at work was miserable. I didn't get anything done. Today it is work as usual. An idea for a shelf layout doesn't seem like it is going to pan out. Gotta keep looking. What I really have to do is get moving on the Rock Ridge and Train City. I seem to be blocked by airbrsuhing a white up from the base. It's a job that will take an hour or so, but I can't seem to get it in around my household chores.
Mornin', uh...... Nick, Josh, Paul, Alco,....! Hope I didn't miss anyone.
Oh!!!, Mornin' Chip! You look a lot better today. Yesterday you looked a bit grumpy. Hope your MIL is doing well and recovering. My very best to you and your whole family!
I will be at the High School most all day today working with the choral groups . Doing sound for their Spring Concert.
Morning everyone! Flo, I will have a brunch. How about a bacon and egg sandwich with some chicken noodle soup. Don't forget the garden ripened tomato.
Nick, glad you're back home and thinking MR again. Did you pickup any extra cash while in LV?
KenL (Mr. DCC ), About a week ago, I posted across the street in the "where you from" thread; first time in about 6-8 months. It wasn't long, a couple of pages, before someone struck the match... even in that subject. Oh well, I needed the reminder of why I crossed the track. It's a shame because there are some good and knowledgeable people over there. I just can't fight the egomaniacs, English professors, flamers, trolls, want-to-be's, librarians, .... I will just settle with surfing that site and the occasional help (even that could open Pandora's box )
Chip, very sorry about your MIL; a hip fracture is very hard on Seniors. My wife's a nurse at a Senior rehab facility and has spoke many times of the difficulties with recovery, but they can and do recover.