Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
just read that the Indians launched a nuclear capable balistic missile over the Indian Ocean,,, THEN decided it would be a good idea to warn aviation traffic "there is an ICBM about to go through a major international flight path" Please be aware:eek: :eek: :eek: ,,, Only one plane, an Indonesian 747 was in the way, they did a rapid "U" turn and went back as fast as they could go. The test has been condemed as reckless stupidity:o , sounds pretty accurate to me.:D
more trains on the ebay horizon today, only bought 9 this week:D

Have to agree Steve, stupid!:mad: Not just with NOT notifying the airlines of the test, but conducting one anyway!:eek: The volitility of the world is such that now, I bet that Iran, Pakistan, North Korea, and others will now start either developing their own ballistic missiles, (NK supposedly has one), and start again, the MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) game, that the US and USSR played during the Cold War. Except this one may be between countries that they feel are "threatened" by each other to the point one of them will start something that can't be good for the whole world!

I bet the Doomsday Clock just got set a little closer to midnight!:(
 
just read that the Indians launched a nuclear capable balistic missile over the Indian Ocean,,, THEN decided it would be a good idea to warn aviation traffic "there is an ICBM about to go through a major international flight path" Please be aware:eek: :eek: :eek: ,,, Only one plane, an Indonesian 747 was in the way, they did a rapid "U" turn and went back as fast as they could go. The test has been condemed as reckless stupidity:o , sounds pretty accurate to me.:D
more trains on the ebay horizon today, only bought 9 this week:D

Newscaster: Poland became the 42nd nation to become a nuclear power when they exploded a bomb over downtown Warsaw. When asked whether they thought the citizens might object, Mayor Jabowski replied,

"That's why we did it at night."
 
just read that the Indians launched a nuclear capable balistic missile over the Indian Ocean,,, THEN decided it would be a good idea to warn aviation traffic "there is an ICBM about to go through a major international flight path" Please be aware:eek: :eek: :eek: ,,, Only one plane, an Indonesian 747 was in the way, they did a rapid "U" turn and went back as fast as they could go. The test has been condemed as reckless stupidity:o , sounds pretty accurate to me.:D
They deserve to aim it at themselves.
 


Hi ALl! wow it's busy in here today , nice to see Didn't Pakistan and India almost come to nuclear war a few years ago ? I guess they can afford to loose a few people. Playing with toys. Eric a little late but good luck on your little trip. Chip glad to hear that your son has good teachers, At least something is going right in this world. NZKen rent free isn't that a good thing . Well hope everyone has a real nice weekend ! Take care
 
Good morning
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/14/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 65°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 64°F
Rain: 0.78"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 30mph WNW

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 45 Decreasing clouds. Colder. Lows in the mid 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Scrambled eggs for me today.

scambledeggs.jpg
 
Mornin All ! Jeffrey breakfast looks good and I'll take a big cup of coffee on the side! Been outside putting a new battery in my son's car . It's sunny and 40 a real nice day hard to imagine that a Northeaster is heading our way tomorrow. I feel for those people in the Midwest who had to deal with all that bad weather overnight. Hope that things will finnaly settle down. Well see you all later and hang in there guys !
 
hello Paul, Jeffery
Ken M Winter might be on it's way there but summers come early here, 83 degrees by noon, and a record for april.
saw my friend from school and had a great time in his new cafe, he's picked up some great ideas from NZ after 15 years there, and even more amazing was his wife,,,,she was my girlfriend when i was 7 or 8, it's a small world.
 


Mornin' Flo!:D Nice dress:p, its almost too...;), but I sure don't mind!:rolleyes:
Gimme some scrambled eggs wit' melted cheese onum, a big glss of OJ, coffee, bacon, and some biscuits with some red eye gravy!:D

Been watching the weather this AM, looks like its gonna get real bad shortly. Probably be under tornado watch soon if not already.:( Wouldn't mind this forecast to be a great big bust!

While reloading some of my camera software yesterday, lost my drivers when upgraded to XP, I saw a program that I haven't noticed before called "Panorama Maker". I loaded it to try and took some pix I had from Spencer and made a panorama shot of the roundhouse there right before a storm. What do yall think? I personally like it since I tried to do one manually and it didn't work as well. This shot is composed of seven separate shots with my old 1.3MP camera.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's a pretty darn good picture Carey:) and your right about Flo's dress :o :D :eek: :D :o

Thanx Steve!
I used to help a friend who was a traveling vendor. For two years we went to shows from Davenport,Ia to Raleigh, NC, Tampa,Fl to Dallas, TX. Many of these trips were fun and some weren't. But I always took the camera and the trips to Spencer, NC Train Days in May/June were always the best!

Yeeaahh, I too love a beautiful woman with a dress that will almost let you see her ...errrrrrr, Utensils!:eek::rolleyes: That has a tendency to keep you attention. The food could be terrible but what a show!
 
:eek: :eek: Darn Carey/Steve, you guys need a fix!:D :D
(uh, that is a nice dress Flo:p )

Good Saturday all!
Carey, that is an outstanding panorama. Put that over on the WPF.
 
Don't know if its online or not. Made by Arcsoft. Like I said it was on my camera driver disk. Never noticed it before as I always used other third party software, like Irfanview, PhotoExpress, Photodeluxe, Photoshop, (just started with that one).
 
hello Paul, Jeffery
Ken M Winter might be on it's way there but summers come early here, 83 degrees by noon, and a record for april.
saw my friend from school and had a great time in his new cafe, he's picked up some great ideas from NZ after 15 years there, and even more amazing was his wife,,,,she was my girlfriend when i was 7 or 8, it's a small world.

It is a small world, the folks who bought here, well the Mrs (Lois) grew up with my cousins on the farm. We used to visit with them when I was a lad!!

Ah yeah winter is kinda here already!! it's been real cold.

Ken.
 


Hi everyone! Just got home for a short break from doing sound for a Barbershop Chorus Convention here in Geneva this weekend. We are now under a winter storm warning here in the Finger Lakes. Supposed to get 7 or more inches of heavy, wet, partly cloudy Sunday and Monday. Yuckie! On top of that I just learned that My dear old 92 year old Mother-in-Law passed away this morning. She had a major stroke Tuesday Morning. While its a blessing as she had terminal bone cancer and had already had a stroke that left her with speech and other communication problems, I will definately miss her. One of the finest Ladies I ever knew! Some of you may remember a photo I posted a few months back of my in-laws on there 72 (?) wedding anniversary.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top