Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken Yep we got some very greedy Shysters, (lawyers) over here, they are like fly's round s--t if somebody so much as sneezes, i hate em, greedy son's of B----s, sorry about the:mad:

$200 for that, i'd sooner build it from scratch and have a true to scale version:D

Temp set to hit 80f tommorow, a record for april
 
Hi ALl ! Steve see what you mean about a trip to the zoo. Our zoo is a bit cheaper here wnd we have a fine zoo in Buffalo .Not having your camera is a bummer .I learned that lesson so now I have one in the car at all times. It's wet here also Kinda the same weather that Ray gets just s little farther down the lake. See you all later .
 
Hi everyone.

Flo, let's do a Coke and hamburger all the way.

We're getting ready for a weekend trip to the Smoky Mountains to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Poor girl, she's put up with me for a long time.

The truck is clean, the GPS is getting a new map region downloaded and the camera got another 1gb card today. We're staying in a bed and breakfast plan to ride on the Great Smoky Mountain RR. It should be a fun trip. I should be back online late Monday...
 


Eric - bon voyage, have yourself a great weekend. Looking fwd to the pix!

Chip glad your tooth is feeling better.

Ray - I admit I haven't viewed the AP pages lately, but I remember that period when I was on a quest to earn MMR. My problem was that took it way too seriously!:eek:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Flo, I will join Eric with the same thing.
Eric: First, congratulations on your 20th. You sure picked a good way to celebrate. Second, take lots of train pictures. It should be beautiful up there.;) :)

Ray/KenL: Yeah, Carey has been after me to have a go at the AP certificates. I have been hit and miss about it and have a good start on three, but I just can't get that serious about having them as a goal.

Steve: Dang man! Your Zoo is expensive. That is a shame with so many children that need to see the animals of the world and can't.
 
Ken. I hope to have some of my scratch built and craftsman kit structures judged for AP points while the guy is at my house for the Golden Spike inspection. I would love to get MMR but I will just plug along as time goes by. I try to keep the hobby "fun".....????? As you get older you have a tendency to not take things as seriously as when you are younger. At least I have.

I have one spot on my layout where I scratch built some old time crossbucks for a crossing. In one of them there is a birds nest. Today some "n" scale barnyard figures finally arrived. One of the hens will be just about the right size to be a bird sitting on that nest...... It will be fun to see when someone notices that it is there. :cool: :D
 
Flo, I will join Eric with the same thing.
Eric: First, congratulations on your 20th. You sure picked a good way to celebrate. Second, take lots of train pictures. It should be beautiful up there.;) :)

Thanks Rex. I'm hoping the rain stays away. We'll have fun even if we get wet, but I'd prefer mild and sunny. ;)
 
Eric, Congratulations on the 20 years of married bliss! I missed that in your earlier post. Have a great weekend. Enjoy!
 


Speaking of Chinese made......(which we weren't but anyway) My handy new toy. Couldn't beat the price, assembled, registered and warrant of fitness, for $1600NZ. A Local made trailer without cage, reg and warrant is $2000!!

Will be very handy for the move:cool:

We are now homeless!! Yep the new folks have parted with their cash and we're living rent free in the house!! yippee get to invest some $$$$ for awhile.

Ken.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning
Potofcoffeepouring.gif

cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif

Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Afternoon all,
GM have a good one Eric
Ken M nice new trailer Ken, and living rent free, Nice.
RayGood luck ray, you will fly through the inspection, no problem

Off out to see a friend i've not seen since i was 15, and away from the stupid neigbours alarm, it's noisy as hell and has been going off two hours now.
 
Morning Luct, Bill, and Steve. Have fun visiting your old friend Steve. Boy what a stormy morning here. Lost power for about 30 min and was almost late to work because of that. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
 
A man is driving along a highway and sees a rabbit jump out across the middle of the road. He swerves to avoid hitting it, but unfortunately the rabbit jumps right in front of the car.

The driver, a sensitive man as well as an animal lover, pulls over and gets out to see what has become of the rabbit. Much to his dismay, the rabbit is dead. The driver feels so awful that he begins to cry.

A beautiful blonde woman driving down the highway sees a man crying on the side of the road and pulls over. She steps out of the car and asks the man what's wrong.

"I feel terrible," he explains, "I accidentally hit this rabbit and killed it."

The blonde says, "Don't worry."

She runs to her car and pulls out a spray can. She walks over to the limp, dead rabbit, bends down, and sprays the contents onto the rabbit.

The rabbit jumps up, waves its paw at the two of them and hops off down the road.

Ten feet away the rabbit stops, turns around and waves again.

He hops down the road another 10 feet, turns and waves, hops another ten feet, turns and waves, and repeats this again and again and again until he hops out of sight.

The man is astonished. He runs over to the woman and demands, "What is in that can? What did you spray on that rabbit?"

The woman turns the can around so that the man can read the label.



It says..



(Are you ready for this?)


(Are you sure?)

(This is bad!)








(You know you're gonna be sorry.)


(Last chance)



(OK, here it is)



It says,



"Hair Spray - Restores life to dead hair, and adds permanent wave."
 
Luc, BAD, BAD, BAD! I'm still gagging at the computer. (That one will be going out to most of the people in my address book later....) Mornin' BTW.

Mornin, Bill!

Ken, you have to be the happiest "homeless" person I have ever met. Nice trailer!
 
Morning Gents,

Congrats Ken.

I just spent the morning at an IEP meeting for my son. Individual Educational Program. They have come a long way in our educational system in learning how to deal with the academic challenges of autistic kids. Too bad they can't put the same energy into preventing the epidemic. We have the 2nd and the 15th largest mercury producing coal power plants in the nation within 10 miles of us. They have until 2018 to become EPA compliant. When my son was born, 5 women were pregnant where I worked. 3 were autistic, one died from severe congenital brain damage and was one normal.

On the bright side the people working with my son are phenomenal, they truly care and are doing a great job as witnessed by his last report card--on B and the rest A's. The plan for next year is increasing his awareness in social situations and working on executive decision skills (organizing and prioritizing). I'm beginning to believe that my son just might be able to live on his own someday.
 


just read that the Indians launched a nuclear capable balistic missile over the Indian Ocean,,, THEN decided it would be a good idea to warn aviation traffic "there is an ICBM about to go through a major international flight path" Please be aware:eek: :eek: :eek: ,,, Only one plane, an Indonesian 747 was in the way, they did a rapid "U" turn and went back as fast as they could go. The test has been condemed as reckless stupidity:o , sounds pretty accurate to me.:D
more trains on the ebay horizon today, only bought 9 this week:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top