Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
You think that was fun, you should be in Mobile, Al when it does snow there.:D:p Only place I know that ANY snow will shut a town down for a week! Its even more fun watching the idiots try to drive in it! :p Saw one car coming down Spring Hill (highest point in Mobile) when I had an apartment there, and this guy did at least 6, 360's before a kindly tree jumped out and finally stopped him!:rolleyes:

Talk about a coincidence! I start talking about snow in Mobile, Al and this comes across on one of my weather forums! This is the 6:00AM observation of the the NWS at the Mobile Airport, Easter Morning!


Dt Time Wind Vis Observation Conditions (type,alt) Temp DP
08 05:56 Calm 10.00 Light Snow BKN065 BKN080 BKN100 39 26
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All ! Just another normal day here on the Niagara Frontier . Overcast and 33, rex that is a bit above my budget also . NZ Ken will be doing mowing in a little whille also . TX Paul good to see you back !! All have a nice day !!!
 
CJ Hi were posting at same time . No snow today but we had some yesterday ! How about those three kids that hit the train in Missouri another trajic accident !@
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Howdy guys! Sure hope all had a good weekend. No snow here in T-town and it looks like we will warm a little with rain coming in tomorrow night.

Thanks KenL on the info. I usually have a little bit of PVC lying around, but now that I need a few short pieces, none to be found. No problem, I have to go to Lowes anyway.

Very glad you made it by Texas Paul. We've been missing you. The shovel is not in my 1950's era either, but it is so beautiful that I would get it anyway. Guess it is in my blood since my Father operated a big electric shovel before his company got a bigger 115 cu. yd. electric dragline.

NYPaul, yeah it is very expensive. Did you notice that they are only going to make 20? As bad as I want it, there are too many other things I need for the layout.

Nick: How's the layout progressing? Hope you aren't having any problems.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening gent's
What a day, in out in out in out, we got rid of the boy's for a whole 24 hrs, i took them to there aunt and uncles for a holiday, they'll love it.
never saw todays steam excursion but some great shots and video on Don Burgess's site :D
Done a bit of ebaying today, i got a load more stuff up for sale, more buying soon :D ;) :D
 
Yea Rex, it looks so good I'm tempted also. I've got a Lionel shovel the has like the one that John Tews used on his layout. I'm going to bash it into some thing that will fit better. I've got some video and pictures of Marion and Bucyrus shovels and there is a book on Marions available. I'm a member of the Historical Construction Equipment Association so I maybe able to get some info through them. I have gotten info on Eculid trucks.
I got some more done on the mine head frame and will be going back down to the basement. The weather is cold and damp so I don't want to go outside.
Take care everyone.
 
Even Gents.

My boss at work instituted a new rule--no train boards at work. I'll just be a fair weather poster I guess.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


04-10-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/10/2007

Sundown Fire Dept, Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 56°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.04"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph ESE

Now through 08:15 AM CDT April 10, 2007

High: 72

Through 7 PM...scattered showers and thunderstorms can be expected across southwest and south central Louisiana...and now central Louisiana. The activity is diminishing across southeast Texas as well as the near coastal waters. Stronger thunderstorms will produce brief very heavy rains with some potential of hail up to pea size. The showers and thunderstorms continue a rapid northeast movement at 25 mph.

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the lower 70s. East winds around 10 mph shifting to the southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

Tonight Low: 60 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 60. South winds around 10 mph.
 


Morning All ! Chip no post at work what a bummer! Steve some nice shots of British rails and countryside there. Hope you stay out of trouble with the boys gone. Weather is on the upswing here. A sure sign of spring they are taking the iceboom out of lake Eire. It is put across to hole back big flows of ice whih cause shore erosion and plugs up the intakes for the hydro power down stream. When the ice cover on the lake reaches 60 percent out it comes !!!
 
Afternoon all, great sunny day here, i was back to work after a week's vacation today, it was crap:mad: , glad i'm on vacation tommorow :D
 
Mornin'..... Ah.... make that Afternoon everyone. I'm getting the layout ready to be inspected for the NMRA Golden Spike Award. I have to finish some scenery I have been working on and then get her cleaned up and running well. We haven't set the date for the inspection yet but it is in progress. Wish me luck!
 
Good evening crew,

Just a quick check-in. Murphy's law is run amok around here, first my car's headlights stopped working, then the hot water heater that I had installed 2 years ago failed! Been in crisis mode most of the day.

Steve - sorry to hear that, I guess all good things must end sometime...

Ray - good luck with the golden spike, I'm sure I'll see an "MMR" after your name someday!

Chip - I didn't know you were working for somebody else, I thought you had a private [nutrition consulting] practice.
 
I've been thinking about taking a break from MR:eek: I have been offered a cheap Toyota Starlet and a Lexus V8 engine, so I got to thinking one would look good/go well in the other!!

My new train room isn't huge and I'll find it frustrating trying to sqeeze it all in.

I know what you'll say, just do something and I probably will, just not yet.

Ken.
 
Hey NZKEN, not to worry. Your feelings are quite understandable and maybe you will be able to see things better when you settle in, but.........don't disappear on us!;) :)
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top