Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken Power cab or Power Pro,,, ??? not a clue, my friends got all the details, he got one and says if he can work it anybody can,,,with that i decided it's the one for me. it's gone from foggy, damp and wet to fantastic sunshine, got to get out and do something.
 
Morning All ! A bit of white suff on the ground Larry congrats. on the new job, Steve looks like you've been busy . I'm going out in this cold to smoke my sausage in the old smoker. All have a real nice day !
 
:eek: Brrrrrrrrr Morning Jeffery, Ken, Nick, Josh, Ray, Steve!

Carey came over yesterday and we were able to finish up on the trackwork for the Steel Mill. I still have a few little pieces to put in before I think about ballast and groundcover. No, there aren't any handlayed turnouts; I just use shake and bake:D :D .

Larry, nice going! You should enjoy that work. I sometimes think I should find something. I love retirement, but feel that I should still be doing something: maybe a part time something or another. I ran across one of my former colleagues the other day and he asked if I would be interested in doing part time teaching in the evenings. I'm tempted, but reluctant to get into a time schedule...even part time:cool: . Heck, I would love to work in a hardware store or in the tool section of a Lowes/Home Depot.

Ray/KenL: If you two keep mentioning radio controlled cabs, it may force me to convert my two DT400's.

NZKen: You guys must really be going out of your minds with anticipation of having a new home. It doesn't sound like it will be much longer;) :) .

Steve: You're going to DCC? Good move!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


CJ- How many pics ya gonna need? Wouldn't video be a better plan?

Grandeman;

Not sure. :confused: I know that in just passing around some examples of what we got accomplished Monday night, which included showing where to bend the rail, how to bend, where and how to file, before and after all this etc, maybe a minmum of 30 and as high as 60? :eek: Video wouldn't work for this without using professional equipment that can get real close to the work!

Sure did have fun at Rex's yesterday. :D Wish gas wasn't getting so high, I'd be back there today!:p That is if I could come up with more BS for our after session discussions!:rolleyes::)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Grandeman;

Not sure. :confused: I know that in just passing around some examples of what we got accomplished Monday night, which included showing where to bend the rail, how to bend, where and how to file, before and after all this etc, maybe a minmum of 30 and as high as 60? :eek: Video wouldn't work for this without using professional equipment that can get real close to the work!

Sure did have fun at Rex's yesterday. :D Wish gas wasn't getting so high, I'd be back there today!:p That is if I could come up with more BS for our after session discussions!:rolleyes::)



BS, between you and Rex? Naw, no way. :D

I though you were talking about a lot of pics. If I can help out, let me know. I can't vouch for the photographer's proficiency level though. ;)
 
Morning Gents,

Congrats, Larry. Go for it Steve. I'm starting to be convinced radio is the way to go, especially if start running ops sessions in my basement. I'll be converting my DT400 & UT4s soon.

I went to an op session at Roy Ward's place last night (Model Railroad Planing 2006). Learned about train orders and car cards. I knew them pretty well in theory, but had never done it in practice. Wasn't tough.

On a lighter note. He uses MRC Prodigy Advanced DCC. Next week I'll be operating a basement layout that uses NCE. Pretty soon I'll be able argue against anyone in the DCC wars over there.
 
Carey, with edited video, you can get a lot more in a shorter period of time. Kind of like the "Dream and Build" DVD series. They show each step of a project but it is edited to only a few minutes per step and you would be able to narrate. (Oops! that just tripled the time.:eek: :eek: )
 
Cor Blimey,,,it's a full house today, is there romm for one more.
Just been designing the new railroad plan on 3rdPlanit, were looking good for take off, it's going to be a 12' x 5' with a 20" gap up the middle for operating, but this can be increased as required. The theme is British, early 90's as there was an amazing variety of equipment being used at the time. It was a mixture of old British Rail stock and new train operating companys stock so i get to use old and new stuff, sorry the boys get to use old and new stuff. The layout will be sectional with nothing bigger than 4' x 2'6" for ease of moving either to shows or to the outside on sunny days. I am keeping what you could class as an American shelf layout that will be an industry yard with switching being the main theme of operations.

it's a fantastic sunny evening here, just had KFC and about to pop open a bottle of Zider
 
This is the basic plan, you have a ballast loading facility (glacier gravel modified) on the right and a contaminated ballast re-cycling facility on the left. we have also got to fit a commuter station platform in, only two car's long for you guessed it, two car commuter trains. looking at it i'll have to turn the turnout the oposite way on the enterance to the staging track at the bottom or even add another on the left
newplan05-04-2007.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Got the call from True Value this morning and I start working Tomorrow at noon. Next week the schedule will be Mon, Weds, Thurs and Sat. Noon til 8PM daily. So til the end of April I will be working 6 days a week. The work schedule for Woodcraft is already up and I will not leave them in a bind.
 


Thanks for the Welcome backs... WHOA:eek: When did they put Filet Minion on the menu:mad: I said free coffee!:o Not Free Lunch, supper midnight snack

Ray was that you?

Ken: Good to see your thinking into the 21st Century. Actually once you do go DCC you won't regret it, actually you'll scratch your head, have a few hairs fall out and say "should have done this years ago"

Steve: A beer?:cool: After the tab I'm incurring I think a keg of the good stuff is in order! I'll share, well maybe:p

Not much else as I am wrapping up my business before I head back to sea on Wednesday so it's mayhem and madness until then.

Later All

Fergie
 
Hi Fergie, I didn't say it before but welcome back. I've been eyeing your TT conversion and have the Atlas ready to go.

Larry congrats.
 
Thanks for the Welcome backs... WHOA:eek: When did they put Filet Minion on the menu:mad: I said free coffee!:o Not Free Lunch, supper midnight snack

Ray was that you?

Huh? Who me? Would I do such a thing? I've been doing Yard work all day,honest (down cellar of course). Pssst, Flo, don't forget the pecan pie with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream as long as Fergies footin' the bill......

My sister wants me to haul out her antique lawn mower from the basement of her house. I told her I would.... Probably why it is snowing here in the Finger Lakes.:confused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? Who me? Would I do such a thing? I've been doing Yard work all day,honest (down cellar of course). Pssst, Flo, don't forget the pecan pie with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream as long as Fergies footin' the bill......

A) Was that the Root Cellar and was the yard you reffered to a "Yard of Ale?" or several:rolleyes:

B)I got Progressives this winter and can see more clearly now... Please don't break into song Johnny Nash would be offended along with the rest of us!

Chip: Thanks for the Kudos. The Atlas TT mechanism should be doable if not the parts I used for the gearing came from a RC Monster Truck. BTW I believe you live closest to Ray so Can I ask you a small favour and to keep an eye on him... PLeeeeeease:o I know it's alot to ask!

Jeff: As I stared in the other CS I know a good Cardiologist. That gravy is screaming Coronary!!

My day was made when I opened the door and heard the elusive Cardinal. Very rare in these parts and something Dad has missed since his migration from Toronto some 10 years ago. So I'm seeing this as a good omen.

I'll be spending time on the MR today to tidy it up and clear an access way for the electricians so when they wire the Sun room so they won't damage the MR (like the *^&#$%@ apprenetice electrician did to my Garage ceiling when he stepped through a opening and through the dry wall, silly git) I've already warned the contractor that if this happens again I'll be fit to be tide!

Ken... DCC?:confused: Are we talking abou the same guy I use to know?

Anyway I have work to do later all and may you and your families have a peaceful Holiday

Fergie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi crew,

Just another typical winter day in the Mid 'lantic region. BTW Fergie, if you like cardinals, they show up by the dozens in my yard. I'll send a few northward if you want...
Ken... DCC?:confused: Are we talking abou the same guy I use to know?
Almost; let's just say I've made significant progress toward the DCC goal.

Steve - great looking track plan, but...an 18-inch center aisle? Are either of the long sides against a wall, or is it an island layout?
 
Mornin' Bill!

Fergie, so good to have you back here! LMAO

Steve, yep got a dusting of "partly Cloudy", the white stuff on the ground.
"I'm dreaming of a white.... Easter........"

Ken L, back when it was spring a week or so ago, I saw the first Robin...well actually 8 of them eating the berries in my Flowering Quince which have fermented. They get drunk and try to fly through my picture windows. I have also seen a pair of Blue Jays and a Cardinal. Even had the first Hornet of spring in the house. Manet my 20lb. cat found it. He thought it was something to play with. Luckily it was still very groggy from sleeping all winter. I sent it off to Hornet Heaven......

Have a "Good Friday" all!
 


Mornin All ! Another nice wintery day here. Steve good luck with the new layout , Larrry good luck with the new job, A Blessed and Holy Good Frirday to those who celebrate. the day the Lord was Crucified !!1 . Lots of birds around here also , Woodpeckers , Robins, Cardinals, and Blue Jays while I'm out smoking my Polish Sausage, Take Care all !!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top