Coffee Shop Part IV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice and LITTLE for sure, plenty of ground clearance but not much room for anyone in the back seat's, good job the children are midgit's
 
Steve the pix did make it look a little tight in the rear seats. The wheel base is much to short for me AKA rough ride. With my back not bein the strongest not the truck for me to be riding in. It is a good looking truck though and the gas mileage should be very good.
 


Steve, that's a good 'get-around' car and the gas mileage will sure help. All this doesn't really matter since we will all be on bicycles in a year, if the price of gas keeps climbing back up.

Or: Using the President's logic, use ethanol and pay about the same price (for now) with lower miles per gallon, to keep from using gasoline, to keep the price of petro down, to keep the price of gasoline down, to keep....... :eek: :D Oh! I forgot about the environmental thing.

Rant: I don't mind the oil companies and the economists lying to me...I expect it. But, I do mind them telling me lies that have absolutely no logical reasoning behind them and believing that we will accept anything as a cause for the price increases. Hey, oil companies! Just tell me a lie that makes sense...OK?

Thanks! I feel better now and will have a very good day.:D
 
Nice Steve, same as our Jimny's over here, Suzuki is very popular, well made cars.

So you sold the Quattro??

Ke.
 
Ken not yet sold,,, don't want to sell it if i can help it but it wants some work and a re spray which i can't do yet so it may have to go
Rex you get about 42 mpg round town but when you think we pay close to USD$10 a gallon, that's why i chose it, the quattro does about 22 mpg, quite thirsty you could say

Anyhow Have a look at this guy's invention, he must be a model railroader or he should be,,, look at the flexi pipe and wait to see what happens:D
CAT POWERED
 
Rex there was a 1- 1/2 hr special uncovering the truth behind global warming.
1. it was a political thing that got way out of control in the 1970-80's
2. man made Co2 only accounts for a single figure percentage, cow's, horses, sheep, pigs (politicians) give off more gas and the sea gives off more C02 than anything else put together, as sea temperatures rise Co2 emmisions rise at the same rate
3. despite what the greenies say Co2 does NOT drive up temperatures, cosmic ray's (radioactive solar storms) and sun flares drive up temperatures followed approx 100 years later by increased Co2 (it takes this long for all the sea water temperature to rise) what's happening now relates to what happened in space a centuary ago.

The power of the sun is fantastically vast and when you look at these pictures you'll see why we should be more affraid of what's out there, if it wasn't for Co2 in the atmosphere we would be at the mercy of the sun, we wouldn't stand a chance in hell.

This is picture one, earth compared to other planets
ATT1.jpg

And here is jupiter and earth is VERY small now
ATT2.jpg

Now look at the Sun compared to Jupiter, you can't see earth, damn that's BIG
ATT3.jpg

BUT the Sun is tiny compared to this bugger, say hello to Arcturus, a distant star which makes our sun look tiny
ATT4.jpg

and to dwarf Arcturus here's it's big brother Antares, you can just see Arcturas
ATT5.jpg


So you see, there is a good reason for Solar storms with these baby's next door generating more radioactive power than you could ever dream possible.
If you wanted to draw all of these planets full scale you would need a piece of paper the size of New york
 
Last edited by a moderator:
...pigs (politicians) give off more gas
I like that!:D :D Yeah, I agree that there are a lot of unsubstantiated facts being used to claim the cause of global warming. I am inclined to believe what you wrote

$10/gallon...good grief! I don't see how you folks get by. How about this for Alabama's gas prices: the red neck, self-serving, "pigs" (to use your accurate desc.) at the capitol are talking about adding more tax per gallon. Go figure!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
We bought the new place this evening, so we're feeling good. Can't believe what their putn in this place, under tile heating kitchen and bathrooms, central vacuum system. painted inside and out, carpets and landscaping and the front fence!!! What do I get to do...... build the MRR!!!

HEHe the deal of the decade.

Well, later all gota go and celebrate.

Ken.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Steve, how's the new wheels working for ya?

Ken, I am so glad that things are finally working out for you and your family. Your house sounds fantastic!
 
HAPPY DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME everyone [yeah right]

NZKen - imagine, a totally climate-controlled train environment...can't beat that! I'd hoist a few with you to celebrate, but I don't think the wife would be too happy if I went to Mass drunk...

Steve - interesting blurb about the global warming controversy. It's making a comeback here, bigtime. Not that I have anything against improved gas mileage in cars, it's just that I don't want the U.S. economy to be destroyed as a side effect.
 
Morning. Beautiful day here. Punxzy Phil said Spring would end early. Everything is melted. Got to fix the mailbox--snowplow hit it.

Sigh! That means the MRR season is coming to an end and I didn't get my benchwork started.
 
Mornin All ! Steve keep those wheels rolling , gas is heading back up. wish I had stock in Mobil-Exxon. They laugh all the way to the bank at us all ! . NZKen looks like your going to have a really beautiful home. Nice and sunny outside today , guess that extra hour of sunshine will come in handy ! All have a real nice day !
 
Afternoon all, nice sunny day today, just been to visit nan in hospital, looking like she may come home next week now. gotta dash, mealtime is here
 
Hello all, yep really looking forward to the next move, two and a half months will fly by.

Better go, quick breakfast (weetbix, milk and too much sugar;) ) and off to work, it's Monday again.

Ken.
 
Did everyone survive their 1 hour less of sleep? Personally, I would like to see daylight savings year round.;)

KenL: how many times did you yawn in church this morning?:D I am still trying to figure the Steely thing out. I hope to get something posted this coming week. There are a lot of want-to-do's, but more of the can't-do's.:(

NZKen: You guys must be swelling with excitement.

Chip: I wouldn't put the shorts and sandels on yet. That snowplow will probably be back.:D

Steve: How much cruising have you done in your new wheels? I probably should have bought something like that instead of the F150.

Buffalo Paul: Oil stock would sure make a comfortable retirement right now.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top