ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Through 8 AM...a line of showers from near opelousa to the rockefeller wildlife refuge and further southwest into the near coastal waters will continue to move east at 25 mph.
Rest Of Today High: 62 Decreasing clouds. Patchy drizzle in the morning. Highs in the lower 60s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.
]Tonight Low: 38 Partly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Colder. Lows in the upper 30s. Northwest winds around 10 mph.
Dang if the sun ain't a-shinin' this mornin'. May have to mow the lawn if this keeps up. I'm afraid though that if I do, every mower in the neighborhood will be out and running.............
Good morning guys, I'll just take some coffee, but that plate looks great Jeff.
well I made it to the train expo at Anaheim yesterday. it was a 2 hour trip each way by bus. but I think is was worth it i got an undec. Athern U33B for $25, I'll check it out l8ter and see how it runs.
No sun here, rain all day so regretfully i had to go into the garage, at least i now have a continous loop round the garage, having some trouble with my power pack, it's not got a lot of umpf so keep's overheating
No MRR today because of 50- and -one -year anniversiry of my Mother and father in law. We went, for a change, to play bowling together with the kids
Man how difficult is that "sport" But I had 2( read: TWO!!) strikes and alot off
gutters But I beated the rest: 108 points...not bad for a starter!
My mother in law thruw the bal in the wrong direction, because it was so heavy!!!(backwards!).... it slipt out of her fingers
At the other side there where some people from the States(USA AFCENT people) also playing bowling ...It went like this: strike... strike... strike... strike in a curve to the right .... strike in a curve to the left and they throw the balls like a bullet WOW. It was fun to watch those man and women playing bowling!!!
Went to The Worlds Greatest Hobbies Train Show today in INDY. Did not buy anything but really enjoyed seeing The Athearn , Kato, Atlas, MTH Booths and a couple of others I cannot remember the names of. There were also a lot of small mom and pop retail operations. Went looking for more ballast but did not find any to my liking. Signed up at the Atlas booth for their new catalog which will be sent to me. Visited the guys from the Central Indiana Division, Midwest Region of the NMRA. Know most of them very well but still nice to see your friends and fellow hobbiests.
Night All ! Long day with relatives over for dinner then some football and catnapping and not in any paticular order. My daughter flies out at 5 this morning heading back to sunshiny Colorado. well got to run yoy all have a nice rest of the day !!!
hi yall. Finally I appear to be getting over this bug that has bothered me for a week. Unlike most of yall, mine wasn't two-ended. Lets just say, I'm having to sit on a pillow for now.
Kinda soggy in these parts! Other than Sunday afternoon [when I had to accompany the missus to her belated office holiday party], lots of RR'ing for me this weekend - I'll save the details for a separate thread.
NZKen - those are some mighty fine looking additions to your family!
CJ, glad you're shaking off the bug.
*sigh* Gotta get ready for work now. The more I enjoy my weekend, the more painful the Monday after...
Happy Monday everyone!
Flo, I would like to have a bacon and egg sandwich with some chicken noodle soup. Give CJ some of that soup so he will stay healthy.
We got rid of our rain for now and have a beautiful sky with temps in the low 50's. Hopefully, it will stay this way until the end of the week.
NZKEN: Wait until they start teething . My Golden Retriever chewed on everything including rocks and drink cans...anything they can find. Labs are great dogs, good with children, and will make you a super friend.
KenL: Congrats on your downhill slide toward retirement. I have said many times that those who say they don't have anything to do in retirement aren't looking for anything. The problem is finding the $$ to do what you want .
Hi All 1looks like winter is blowing in getting colder and snow in the forecast for next couple days then it warms up again ! Gottoa love this wacky weather !
Overhere the same dull, boring weather : still no winter/snow. Tommorow they forecast even 15 degrees C!!
Concerning MRR: I offered Josh that I would like to make palmtrees! I write: "would like" on purpose because I did the research of the palmtrees I think it is going to be a tough "case" But I'll see how far I/it come(s)...
Didn't know there where so many spescies( 2000 and more!)I think the must difficult parts are the leaves...paper? we'll see