Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I got 6 freight cars in today (been waiting scince the 13 of december) and got in a Coke Train set (new in box still has shrink wrap on it ) K-Line yeah I know you buy as is no warnety on it but still they did make some pretty good stuff.

I have a K-Line Hershey train set coming in with a alco A&B unit set in it from 1991 I believe and I had one before and wished I never got rid of it it was a great set and the engine was pretty strong that should be here in a couple of days along with 2 coca-cola boxcars and thats about all I have coming in thru ebay
I still haven't gotten my MTH Santa - Fe passenger cars in my local hobby shop said it could be tomorrow or it could be april he never knows with mth. Acually any of them wheather there in stock or over in china getting loaded onto a ship.

Same story with a Williams Virginian train set (remake of lionels virginian train set from the late 50's with the 2331 Train Master set set. )

I still have to pay for that one thou the rest is all paid for at this point.

My trains are still growing so I need to put the brakes on I guess for a while as need to try and get this room in order to start working on it (had it about there until huricane christmas came about lol)

Well like I don't have enough bills here take the card and enjoy dinner/ breakfast what ever talk to you all later
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paul, I hope all goes well with your procedure. I know you will be back in here in just a couple days. Good bless!
 


Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


01-04-07

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye. Today I'll be having the cheese and mushroom omelet.

cheese-mushroom-omelette.jpg


And a spot 'o' orange juice.
oj.jpg


Today's Weather for:
Sundown, La 71446-6114 1/4/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 51°F

So Far Today
High: 55°F
Low: 54°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 12mph ESE

High: 58 °F
Low: 49 °F

Important Message

Flash flood watch in effect through this afternoon.
Now through 05:00 AM CST January 04, 2007


Through 5 AM...showers with a few possible thunderstorms will move northeast at 45 mph across portions of southeast Texas...as well as southwest and central Louisiana. Some of the heavier rain showers will extend from Woodville and Jasper to Orange and Deweyville to between Cameron and Lake Charles. Rainfall rates with these showers will be between one quarter to one half inch per hour. Over the coastal waters...showers with a few possible thunderstorms will move northeast at 40 knots across areas between Marsh Island and High Island out 60 nm. Some of this activity will produce heavy rainfall reducing visibilities below 2 miles.

Today High: 62 Showers and thunderstorms...some thunderstorms will produce locally heavy rainfall and gusty winds at times. Highs in the lower 60s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 100 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain. Lows in the lower 50s. South winds around 10 mph.
 
WOW I was just on weather.com and saw the map, solid dark green all over the south from Texas thru Alabama - gonna be a wet one guys!

Paul - best of luck with the procedure, enjoy those new trains when you get back out!
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Another beautiful summer day here in the Finger Lakes. Temp will be in the mid 50s again today. Gonna have to get the lawnmower back out soon. My neighbors lawn is the highest it has ever been since he has lived there...... No need for anything more than a light jacket. Scary! We will probably get a major blizzard the weekends that I have to drive to the other end of the county to record some music festivals......... You guys down South try to stay dry today, ya hear?
 
hello everyone,
Paul best wishes for your hospital visit, hope everything work's out, we'll be thinking about you

Well last night was fun, my friend Robin brought a bachmann DCC set and a new loco to try out on my layout, we had seven three BLI loco's running together, three P2K SD60's running on DC and a Bachmann class 20 with loksound all running together, great fun was had for hours.

gotta dash, currie is ready
 


Hi All Thank you very much for the messages. You won't believe the hospital. I get there and get all prepped get in the pre op room and the doctor finds out I have a kidney trasplant , He tells me he can't do the procedure because I have to have a lot of fluids before he can do the darn thing. So no procedure . I have to go back next week and start all over again. You want to talk about a bummer. Oh well It's back to the darn hospital because his nurse didn't feel it was important enough to tell him I had a Transplanted Kidney. GuessI'll enjoy this great weather were having. Feel sorry for the rest of use in the other parts of the US. Oh yeah this morning a guy got killed trying to beat a Norfolk & Southern train across the tracks . And he was on foot . Take care all !!
 
Good evening all,

Paul: I just read about your "hospital visit" today..How is that possible!!! I hope for you next week it is done and over! Enjoy the beautiful weather at your place...here it is nothing than clouds and rain and rain and a lot of rain.... For next week: I wish you good luck
Jeffrey- wimberly: I know you don't want to hear it;) but I do have a deep respect for you sir..most of all your possitive attide to life in spite of the things you cannot do like we can and you just too get it mannaged!! I read your threads and comments/anwers( It takes some time for me to translate it and after that it take some time to write a correct answer in your language...) oh men I feel myself very humble Your are a great person AND a great MRR!!!:D ;)
Steve B: was the test on your layout succesful?
Now I going back to the basement and paint/finish the "rock"
KenNZRMAC: Lucky guy!!( about the weather AND the progress on your layout!!
Jos
 
Morning ken

Paul i know how it feel's to get so far and somthing like that happen's it's so frustrating

Jos Yes it was very good fun, but my layout's not wired for DCC so a few short circuits stopped the fun a couple of times, normally metal wheel's shorting on the point frog's. I use insulated frogs, not live frog points, oh well, i'm happy with DC, i was lost with all the buttons and stuff on the DCC setup, no doubt i would soon get used to it if i got it though.

I'm off to a train show at Preston university this weekend with friend's maybe i can get a bargain
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well Paul you need to give somebody this website so after you go in they can keep us up on how your doing and when we may hear from you again. We all want to know your doing fine (sure you will but still like to know)
 
Jos:Thank you for the kind words. Yes, I could have decided to just give up and stay home, but I'm not that kind of person. I like to be out doing something. I like to show people that they don't have to give in to their disabilities. I do this by projecting a positive attitude about whatever I'm doing and if that convinces one person that they too can reach higher, I've accomplished something. Many years ago, my grandfather told me something, made me memorize it. 'A man either lives life as it happens and licks it or he turns his back on it and withers away'. I have lived by that since that time.
 
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.

This morning I'll be having the bacon and eggs.

bacon.jpg


And now for a look at the weather.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/5/2007

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23

Wind Chill: 52°F
Humidity: 87%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today

High: 55°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 22mph NNE

High: 69 °F
Low: 50 °F

THE NWS HAS ISSUED A FLOOD STATEMENT UNTIL 11:13AM CST

Now through 08:15 AM CST January 05, 2007

High: 72

Through 8 AM...patchy fog is expected to continue to develop across the area. Visibilities at times will be less than 1/2 of a mile. The fog is expected to gradually lift after sunrise.

Today High: 72 Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 70s. South winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 55 Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the evening...then areas of dense fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Hello Jeffery, nice day here but cold wind blowing, it was at 6am at work anyway, now it's blue sky and sunshine and 48f.

Ken M that's a nice picture of your house and railroad room. Do you know any companys that would employ a very skilled air conditioning engineer / manager, my B-I-L is looking for work in NZ

Today two of my men at work went a step to far with me, they were lazing around and hiding in the toilets most of the morning, and they even had the cheek to ask for overtime as they had so much to do,,, they will have next week on there new job's.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Paul: Sorry to hear that your surgery had tobe post poned. After getting all worked up for it it is a let down.
Well I'm into the last month of work here. by this time next Feb I'll be retired. It's going to seem funny not having to get up and drive in here daily. I'll have plenty to do but after 30 yrs of doing the drive in and back. It's just going to take some getting used to. Maybe the CFO will let me have the money that I was spending on gas for MRR stuff. Not likely.
I've got to set down and write up a list of all my suppliers and such stuff that the next guy will need to know. That will take some time.
Well I'm off to get another cup of coffee. I'll see you all later.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top