ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
I really am surprised that you know what that is! No, no HJ this year!
Reminds me though of a nurses convention I went to in St. Louis in 1979. I was ordering breakfast one morning and the waiter noticed my "accent". He asked me if I would like some grits for breakfast, and of course I said yes. A few minutes later he brought out my breakfast with a small bowl on the side with a pitcher of hot water and an envelope of "Jim Dandy Instant Grits".
Thats not grits I said, thats shredded paper. Grits ain't no good unless they've been really cooked for at least 48 hrs and smothered in so much butter that it pools on top!
Morning all, watch the trafic Ken, everyone is MAD at this time of year, Scott don't worry, i will have the track up and running with time to spare, you can count on that.
The railway herald magazine has done the 2006 revue January to June, (july to december next week) you can download it for free here, there are some great shot's of modern diesel, electric and steam trains. this is the UK's only free railway magazine published every friday
Hi all ! I'll take a side of grits also with some nice country ham and eggs over easy , and biscuits on the side. Want to wish everyone a Hppy New Year, It's a great time to reflect on the past year and ponder how we can hope that the new one is a lot better. I got a late Christmas Present, My eldest daughter flw in or should I say blew in from Colorado, She made one of the last flights out of Denver before they canceled everything. I wonder if she is here for my heart procedure coming up Thursday ? Anyhow it was great to see her haven't seen her in a year and a half. So I have another thing to be greatful for. It's sunny out my door and temps. up in the high forties not to bad for Buffalo at this time of the year. Well if I don't get back on have a safe holiday's eve !!!!
4,30 am 2007 here, can't sleep so I'm up having a hot chocolate, mmmmm.
I picked up some layout MDF and softboard yesterday so hopefully kick off the year with some good MR progress on a regular basis . I'll post a pic later in WPF.
We went to some friends for a new years eve bash, they have an American made off road buggy (left hand drive cool ) so the boys had timed races in the paddock and I won every time (more beer = faster lap) Blitzed them by at least 2 seconds a lap.
That was some blizzard they had there. I'me still waiting to hear from a friend of mine who lives in Aurora. I haven't heard a peep outta him since that time.
Paul glad your daughter could come for a time like that. Its always great to have loved ones around when your getting an opperation and you know and we know that thats why she came . She probally wanted to come anyway but this really made it the time to come even if its a routine proceedure its great to have love ones there for you after its over.
Paul, good luck with the procedure! You are going to feel a lot better after it is done. Glad that your daughter can be around to help out. It is good to have family around during those times.
Still 2006 here in the Finger Lakes..... Low Sunday at church (about 1/4 the number of people there this morning compared to last week). Finally completed my time as Head Usher and can turn the job over to whoever has January. Yeah!!!!
Happy new year Ken, I'm just off out to the pub now, it's almost 9pm here and the CFO is sending me out to be social with my brother,
Enjoy the rest of this year everyone, i'll see you next year
Oh yeah, pwah pee-JON! My wife is busy getting "Hoppin' John" all together for tomorrow. I don't know about the luck it is suppose to give for the new year, but ummm good.
May you all have a Happy and Successful NEW YEAR!
That's all I have to say and I'll not be coming back until next year! So, there!
Here's hoping everyone has a joyous and prosporous New Year!
The MESS is off to a flying start with it's C-Liner Fleet of 4 (2 passenger and 2 Freight) and 44tonner being DCC'd today (have to modernize and keep up with the times don't cha know)
Reading back a few pages I noticed Howard missed a seaon... Farch! Feb/March all rolled into one nasty dirty snowball!
HAPPY NEWYEAR Steve & Ken M! (I'll save the New Years wishes for my North American friends until midnight EST)
Just returned from an all-day round trip to northern New Jersey and back, boy am I zonked! Got safely off the road before the number of intoxicated drivers had time to reach critical mass. I decided against bringing the camera along; even though there are many great industrial railroading scenes, parking on the shoulder of the NJ Turnpike to snap photos just doesn't seem like a practical idea. Turns out there wasn't any train action happening anyway.
Paul - I'll add an intention to my family's prayer list for your heart operation.
Fergie - been awhile hasn't it! Hope your Dad is continuing to improve, glad he could be out of the hospital for the Christmas holidays. Good to hear that the MESS modernization plan is in full swing, what locos are you planning to retire to make room for the new C-liners?
Jeff - I'll take an order of that breakfast of yours tomorrow morning, regardless of what my doctor says!