Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning everyone from the left coast. Since I'm new here I'll introduce myself.

I'm a Bio-Medical Electronics Technician and I enjoy model railroading (N scale formerly HO), railfanning, photography (especially nature), birding, and singing in a Christian men's chorus. I live in Salem, OR. Was born in Oregon and grew up in Oregon and Washington. Spent a brief time in southern Illinois working for a TV network.

Have a great day!

Keith Owen
 
Wasn't me?

Good evening All,

Howly, what have I done?!:eek:
Read this very carefully I only write this once: Please scan my post FIRST, before reading it ,by a real virusscanner!! ha ha lol:D ;)
"Glad" to hear I was not the only one who were ill during the Christmasdays...
I am Realy glad that almost everybody is back in the shape he/she was before the virusses attacked your health.
Rex I had that -both -way- stomack- virus last year:(
Steve B and Ken NZ Again a great picture of your kids under/near the Christmastree or outside in the hot sun!

After reading so many threads and watching so many Pictures on this forum there is also some good news about infecting by a virus: I've decided to go back in MRR"business"again:) I put my old( 1997) N scale layout together and gave it a big "cleaning up". Wripped off all the old trees and shrubs and try to connect all the wires( most difficult part for me,btw its not digital.)
So I'll post my progress from now on...;) Started with an old romantic castle...

Have a nice day/evening, Jos (good morning too, Kieth!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Keith - welcome to the Coffee Shop!

Jos - glad to see that you are returning to active participation in the hobby.

As for me, I'll be doing some benchwork mods and clearing up some of that convoluted spaghetti bowl of wiring - necessary housecleaning-type stuff, nothing worth posting in WPF. I'll be driving one of my daughters to visit with friends in New Jersey over the NewYear's weekend, so that will cut significantly into my MRR time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Well, I am at about 85% today and building up steam. I hope to get back to my operations planning so I can start entering all the details into the RailOp software. Right now I am working out combinations of train routes.

Hi Keith and Welcome to the Coffee Shop. Just jump right in anytime you have any gossip. If you don't have any, just make it up:D :D .

KenL: Boy, do I know what you mean about 'spaghetti bowl' wiring. I did all right with mine until I started hooking up lights and itty-bitty thingies; then everything went in all directions. Now, where there is space, there will be wire. I did come up with an easy solution: just go to Wally World and buy some cheap material for a skirt around the layout. What you can't see ...

Jos: I contacted Norton's Internet Security about a virus detector for forumflubugist and they informed me they have one ready for download. It works by inoculating the user with dead electrons and randomly generated 1's and 0's. While it doesn't guarantee total immunity, it does confuse the user into not caring.:D

Hi Mikey!

Steve: Next time you lay down for a snooze, just think of New Zealand: the crisp fresh air, the beautiful mountains, the flowers, the ...zzzzzzzzzzzz
 
evening everyone
Welcome inside Keith watch out for these germ mongers, there full of nasty bugs at present,:o

It's been a sad end to the year here, a helicopter crashed about 40 miles away into the irish sea, all 7 on board perished, they have found 6 of them but one's still missing, the reacue has been abandoned due to gale force 10 wind and very heavy rain. they were en route to the gas production platforms in morcambe bay when the copter veared off coarse violently and ditched within 500 yds of the paltform, two workers on the platform saw everything.

Also grandads not at all well, he was taken into hospital four days ago after a bad fall, he's also got very bad alzheimers and gran simply can't cope anymore, they are both 86 now.

I have got about five yards of track laid today so now i can run around 20ft, yeah
 
I bought some N scale resin cars on e-bay earlier this week. They came via USPS today and are they ever some fine looking resin cast Crown Victoria's and Chevy Tahoe's. Bought two of each and the seller included a fifth for free my choice. I chose a 1969 Camero. All have a very smooth finish. All I have to do is sand th flash off of the bottoms and wash really good in soap and water then on to some painting. He also sent some painting tips including using a fine paint pen for some of the small details.
 
Ken M The wife is very worried about nan, we did a good job of feeding her up last night as she has been neglecting eating as she's always doing stuff for grandad, i don't fancy getting old if that's what it's like. better get the boy's to bed it's almost midnight, they are practicing for new years eave.
 
Hi all ! Welcome Keith , Steve sorry to hear about your Grandparents , My Father-in Law was in The hospital for a few years and my Mother-In Law ran herself ragged taking care of him. He died and know my Mother-in -Law is bedridden for over a year and is just waiting to die herself !!!
 
Rain rain rain rain and more rain and for the next 4 days!! Yuck. I will have to find something to do indoors?? mmmm I wonder.

Got a few projects on the go maybe I should finish one??

Welcome Keith have a coffee on me.

Well better dash across the drive between the rain drops and fire the DCC system up I think.

Later, Ken.
 


Ahhhh! So sorry you have to play indoors, Ken. Maybe you can play choo-choo or something. Yeah, b-o-r-i-n-g! I know you would rather be out running in the green grass barefooted and cutting the lawn, but we sometimes have to overcome these obstacles in life.:p :D

I just took some more real hard looks at your photo album and you should be very proud of your work. You certainly put a lot of care into all that you have done.;) Post some more.
 
Im with Rex (btw Rex, glad you and the other half are feelin better!) youve done a excellent job, and more pictures would be awesome!!
 
This is my first post in this Coffee Shop so I'll introduce myself. My name is Jeffrey Wimberly (no, I'm not afraid to use my real name online), I'm a US army veteran. I am disabled due to complications of spinal meningitis and diabetes. I have no feeling in my arms from the elbows down and none in my legs from the knees down. I have severe nerve damage that is slowly but steadily spreading, but I'll be * if I'm going to let it stop me from doing the things I like to do. One of my hobbies is model railroading. It's my involvement in this hobby that my doctors credit to my good physical condition. I model HO and can handle all but the tiniest of parts as long as I'm very careful. I can't feel a thing with my hands, yet I can pick up an egg and thread a needle. How many people with paralysis can say that! The only thing I have trouble with is walking. I need to wear special braces to support my legs, but using these, I can walk in the yard, climb a ladder (as long as I'm very careful) and walk short distances, say 400 yards at a time before I have to rest. three years ago I could hardly walk at all, even with the braces. If I see something I can't do, I figure out what I have to do to do that, and then do it! I'm not a quitter, I guess that's my Native American blood showing through. I've come far enough along that I'm a safety officer with the local volunteer fire dept. The day I quit will be the day I lie down for the last time, and I hope that's no time soon.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh! So sorry you have to play indoors, Ken. Maybe you can play choo-choo or something. Yeah, b-o-r-i-n-g! I know you would rather be out running in the green grass barefooted and cutting the lawn, but we sometimes have to overcome these obstacles in life.:p :D

I just took some more real hard looks at your photo album and you should be very proud of your work. You certainly put a lot of care into all that you have done.;) Post some more.


Yeah that didn't happen either, had the word from the Mrs, SHOPPING, oh well Tomorrow.

Thanks for the comments on my work, I'd like to be further along but time and money keep getting in the way, not anymore photos to post!!

Welcome Jeffery have something warm on me.

Ken.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


12-30-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi y'all,

I really shouldn't be here, ought to be making the most of this Saturday 'free' time getting layout stuff done. Could it be that crouching down and drilling/bolting stuff to the underside of the benchwork isn't really my definition of "fun"....yeah thats it!

Steve, that's sad about the chopper crash. Must've been especially traumatic for the guy on the platform who saw the whole episode. Hope your F-I-L recovers and M-I-L starts eating again...

Jeff - good to see ya here, I knew it was only a matter of time...! ;) :D

Jos - that apartment building in your earlier post looked like the real thing, is it one of your handiworks?
[LATER EDIT:] Now that I read the full description in the WPF thread I learned its a castle not an apt. building...:o

Ken M - I echo Rex's comments about your layout work, wish I had the time and patience to do my benchwork as nicely as yours..

Scott, I'll have a 'Dew if you can spare one - my doctor told me to avoid coffee!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi y'all,

I really shouldn't be here, ought to be making the most of this Saturday 'free' time getting layout stuff done. Could it be that crouching down and drilling/bolting stuff to the underside of the benchwork isn't really my definition of "fun"....yeah thats it!


Scott, I'll have a 'Dew if you can spare one - my doctor told me to avoid coffee!

Hey ken hate to hurt your feelings lol but if your doc wants you to avoid coffee hes probally dooing it because of caffine and dew has almost twice the caffine as coffee
 


Ken:You know a good forum doesn't stay hidden from me for long.

I gotta tell you guys, we're having really wierd weather down here. Here's what's on tap for the weather in this area. Broad hint! It's gonna be really wet! Here it is, the End of Decemnber and I have the AC on.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 12/30/2006

Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23


Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 68°F
Low: 65°F
Rain: 3.90"
Rain Rate: 0.36"/h
Gust: 33mph SSE

High: 65 °F
Low: 61 °F

Important Message: Flash flood watch in effect through this afternoon.
Now through 08:15 AM CST December 30, 2006

Rest Of Today High: 65 Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. Highs in the mid 60s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Tonight Low: 52 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Cooler. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top