Coffee Shop Part III

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


12-15-06

:eek:

donuts_4.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Morning Bill

Been busy today on the peninsular on the layout, it's ballasted and the dirt and basic weed's are done, i also made a road to the factory's accross the track out of plaster, just got to wait for it to set so i can smooth it out and clear the flangeways.

Ken M my sister's hubby has an interview this weekend, a firm in Tauranga want him to go work for them, he's an AC engineer.
 
Morning Bill, Luc & gang

This past week has not given me any time for MRR-related activity, not even the 'virtual' kind! But I'm hoping that's all behind me now.

RT I see you got my message, good to see you back in these parts!

Steve - Is your brother-in-law on your continent, or "down under"? Either way I wish him luck. Great pix of the young 'uns, BTW. I remember those days...

Paul - hope your medical stuff goes well, I'll include you in my prayers.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Steve, RT, and Ken!

Good to see all of you here. The sun is actually shining this morning! I'm in between concerts for a couple days so I might actually get to do some work on the layout....... In fact, I'm going to do that right now. :D
 
Ken no my BIL is just down the road from me, he's been to NZ before, he was in Ken M's home town of Christchurch for a year
 
Afternoon All ! Not to bad a day here no rain bit overcast and in the 40s , Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Hope all have a nice rest of day !!
 
Eveing all I need to post some pics of at work but not sure wheater to do a couple a day here or go do a new subject and post them all theres 20 of them and they have to do with unloading propane tank cars at work. If someone wants one to do as a graffitti car heres a pic of one that I took so you could have an acuall car to model from
Trains013.png
 
okiay I posted all of them on the weekend photo page for this weekend . Hey Ken L. if I remember right you did some propane trucks there might be a couple of pics here you might like.
 
morning all, nice frosty and sunny morning here today,,, and the sky is a strange blue colour, maybe it is supposed to be that colour ???
 
Morning Bill

Been busy today on the peninsular on the layout, it's ballasted and the dirt and basic weed's are done, i also made a road to the factory's accross the track out of plaster, just got to wait for it to set so i can smooth it out and clear the flangeways.

Ken M my sister's hubby has an interview this weekend, a firm in Tauranga want him to go work for them, he's an AC engineer.

We could use him at my work too, the boys are way behind with their installs.

Ken.
 


Mornin' Bill!

Steve, is there a big yellow thing up in the sky? There is? Good! I was wondering where it was 'cause it ain't been around here much.
 
Good evening All,

Ray and Steve B:
About that round yellow bright thing: I think it is/has stucked over Great Brittain..I haven't seen "IT " either today, only rain, rain and much more raindrops:(
BTW Health kids are improving, finaly:)
Don't heve much time now but want to thank you all for the great Pictures and replies on this forum this weekend
Great progress Steve and Ray and beautiful "outdoor" shots from rtraincollector
Have a nice quite weekend all,

Jos
 
Afternoon All ! Ray your right there is a big yellow thing in th sky I was blinded it was so bright. rtrain great pics reminds me when I used to unload Vinyl Choloride cars at work. lots of fun and dangerous. Hops all is having a nice weekend so far !!!!
 
And the sun shone down all day,,, still cold though

Just got in from the christmas pantomime "Jack in the bean stalk" me, the wife and kids laughed our heads off, fantastic, kids just gone to bed at almost 11pm, hopefully they will speep in tommorow morning
 
Evening all,

Man am I hurtin', I feel like I got the flu! (But I don't...;) ) I rented some specialized machines [power pruner and a 6-inch chipper] and, when I pay $200 for the privilege of using them, I don't want a single minute going to waste! So I spent the entire daylight hours hacking-down some huge forsythia bushes - if a tumor were to take the form of a plant that is what they'd look like - and turning them all into pulpwood. Since I work at a "desk" job my body isn't accustomed to this sort of "sweat-of-the-brow" labor, oh well a least I'll sleep soundly tonite.

RT, fantastic pix, I saw them all in the WPF thread - and yes I do, in fact, have a propane distribution center on my layout. It's been stuck at 85% completion for the longest time though...

Steve - do you remember a guy in the coffee shop across the street who once used the handle "Lil'Rob"? Well he's OK but a large part of his train inventory that he was storing at his parents' house got destroyed in a fire. Total loss, and they didn't have homeowners insurance!:eek: There's a thread about it on the Kalmbach forum, he goes by the name TexasTrainNut now. My prayers go out for Rob's parents in the loss of their home...

OOPs, time to go, CFO is nudging me to join her at our neighbor's "holiday" party [a Christmas party by my reckoning - there, I said it out loud LOL]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening all,

Man am I hurtin', I feel like I got the flu! (But I don't...;) ) I rented some specialized machines [power pruner and a 6-inch chipper] and, when I pay $200 for the privilege of using them, I don't want a single minute going to waste! So I spent the entire daylight hours hacking-down some huge forsythia bushes - if a tumor were to take the form of a plant that is what they'd look like - and turning them all into pulpwood. Since I work at a "desk" job my body isn't accustomed to this sort of "sweat-of-the-brow" labor, oh well a least I'll sleep soundly tonite.

Oh Ken

I feel your pain! But have little sympathy!!:D

I ripped up two Forthysia's out of the ground two days after minor groin surgery several years ago, which resulted in me not returning to the ship on time!:(

Yes Forsythias are very deep rooted and hard ton remove when the time arises!


You'll live! Not to worry

Fergie

Nice to be back
 


Rex check you PM

evening Ken i bet,,, he's in great demand
Got the PM, Steve and thanks for the info.

KenL, have heart with the cold weather coming your propane service should pick up and you will have the means for completion (that is unless your local gas/power company sucks your funds up;) :D ) Know your pain from getting bushes up. A few years ago, I had some old azalea bushes I needed to get up: they wouldn't pull up by hand, they wouldn't pull up with a chain to a truck...finally, I rented a small backhoe called a Termite and dug the (bleep) things up.

RT: Thanks for the photos here and at the WPF. There is something about propane tank cars that scares the H out of me. I know that following safety rules and proper material handling methods that it is probably not any worse than other chems, but dang man, what a boooom it would make.:eek: :D
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top