ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Evening All: Well 7 days to go now. I hauled my tool box home today. I'll take just my tool bag to work for next week.
I got some more sheet metal on the head frame. I really like this method of doing the corragated metal siding. I make it as I go along so there is no worry about running out and having to wait for an order to come.
Well It's time for bed so I'll be going.
Good Night Everyone.
Good morning and top 'o' the day to all of ye.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/27/2007
Live Conditions 7:25 AM
Sundown Fire Dept., Station 23
Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 91%
Dew Point: 45°F
So Far Today
High: 48°F
Low: 43°F
Rain: 0.02"
Rain Rate: 0.04"/h
Gust: 5mph E
High: 57 °F
Low: 38 °F
Now through 08:15 AM CST January 27, 2007
High: 60 Through 8 AM...showers will continue to move northeast at 35 mph across the area. Some of the stronger showers with moderate to heavy rainfall will move between Port Arthur and Kirbyville to Lake Charles and De Quincy to Ville Platte and Oakdale. Rainfall rates with these showers will be around one quarter of an inch per hour. Over the coastal waters....showers will move northeast at 30 knots between High Island and the lower Atchafalaya River out 60 nm. A few thunderstorms will also be noted 50 to 60 nm offshore between Sabine Pass and Cameron. These thunderstorms along with some of the showers just off the coast between High Island and Marsh Island to 20 nm offshore will produce moderate to locally heavy rainfall with visibilities below 2 miles.
Today High: 60 Rain showers. Highs around 60. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon.
Tonight Low: 38 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 30s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
This morning, I want an omelet with all the fixings.
As I haven't been on for a while I guess a wee bit of an up date is coming.
Good Morning All!
Steve, I am very sorry to here of your loss. Our condolences and thoughts are with you at this time. Take care and go easy.
Dad had another trip to the ER several weeks ago as he fell and had to have 6 stitches put in his head. At 1 am it can be a hassle but the stitches came out a week ago and the scar doesn't look too bad. Yes my Medical 1st responder skills are being utilized to the fullest these days! His recovery has been very slow but all considering what he's been through I'm not suprised.
Well everything is moving along now as I can't remeber if I told all of you the MESS was at great risk as we had plumbing problems!!! The plumber that was suppose to do the install sold the business without telling the contractor. Bid was for $1800. He gave the contractor a contact number for someone else to do it They came in to do it and walked off the job after being there 2hrs saying the job would take 2 weeks to do and cost $6000! After loosing a week we got a third plumber who's paid by the hour and has completed the bulk of the work in 3 days. However when he first came in he stopped saying he couldn't do the hook up as he needed a 4" pipe as the number of toilets feeding into the line exceeded 2. Originally the Building inspector was going to make us dig a trench through the basement floor to hook up the additional plumbig to the 4" outside of the house.Finally the Building inspector gave us a by on the plumbing after a couple of phone calls and some pleading by the contractor. We were lucky as this was not a municipal regulation but a National Code. Anything over two Toilets requires 4" pipes. We was lucky. The arguement that was made on my behalf was the house is 18 yrs old, had 4 toilets on the one line with no incident. Plumbing and electrical are all but done except sockets and lights and bathroom fixtures. Now it's the Insulation and drywall that comes next Oh and the Sunroom... Ya we decided to go ahead with the sunroom so Dad can sit in the shelter and look out over the garden when it's too cold.
The layout is covered with plastic untill the electrical and plumbing is hooked up into the rest of the house as more drywall will go flying in the near future.
Paul: Talked to Bob (Teffy) last night and he's good. one of the things he was asking was if you had retired yet. Well I guess we have your answer! Have a very happy and long one and may all your toys keep you gainfully happy! Bob has ISP issues so if anyone is trying to get a hold of him it may be difficult for a while.
Well that's it for this week's sitrep as I get to keep my sanity for another week!!!
Morn'n Bill, Ray, Jeffery, Fergie, and all of you that's looking in! We got a cold morning at 28, but we are suppose to have a high in the mid 50's w/rain latter on. Man, next week is suppose to be a frige all over the eastern half of the U.S.
Flo, I sho is hungary this morn'in. How about a pile of scrambled eggs, toast, black raspberry jam, pound of bacon, and some hash brown taters would be great. Ummm good! Then I want a cathead biscuit and real butter stirred into some sorghum syrup to dip it in.
I had a fun Friday with Carey coming over for some Operations fun. We ran several trains and our mouths even more. Do all model railroaders talk as much as we do? Of course with a good time there is payback. Today, my legs and feet or so sore I can't hardly move. Six hours on concrete is kinda hard on an older young person .
Hi all, we have a bit of a heat wave today got up to 37 but won't last long. fergie boy sounds like you had a bit of a hassle there lad to hear things got straightened out. Well hope all have a real nice Saturday !!
Fergie bet you'll be glad when the house is done, what a pain in the behind it can be. glad to hear your dad's keeping well.
We didn't go to the steam trains today we went to nicky's nan's and took her to a local pub to sample the dinner's they do, we are going to go there after Grandad's funeral on Thursday, it was a great place. she's bearing up very well considering.
There is an abnormal load coming through tommorow morning, i'm going to take the boy's out to see it. It's a 225 ton transformer traveling from Liverpool dock's to Preston for a sub station, the truck is 214 ft long and 16ft wide by 17 ft high, should be fun watching it negotiate the narrow roads en route, there will be no danger of it getting away from us as the speed's range from 12 mph max to around 1-2 mph on the hill's, this is the truck with a simmilar load to the one tommorow, not very big but VERY heavy
That reminds me of when a huge transformer was being moved through Leesville back in the early 70's on a huge crawler tractor. They had to make a detour around the railroad overpass on hwy 171 that took it through a residential area. That was interesting, to say the least.
Morning all, we just got back in from watching the transformer-train, the boy's loved it and want to drive for abnormal load engineering when they grow up. i'll put the pics in WPF
"Would you mind telling me, Doctor," Bob asked, "how you detect a mental deficiency in somebody who appears completely normal?"
"Nothing is easier," he replied. "You ask him a simple question which everyone should answer with no trouble. If he hesitates, that puts you on the track."
"What sort of question?"
"Well, you might ask him, 'Captain Cook made three trips around the world and died during one of them. Which one?'
Bob thought for a moment, and then said with a nervous laugh, "You wouldn't happen to have another example would you? I must confess I don't know much about history."
Mornin', Luc! That's a good one gotta couple of mentally deficient friends I have to e-mail that to.
Mornin' Jeffery!
Looks like you had a great morning, Steve. I haven't seen anything like that since they moved the house thats now down the street across town on a special rig several years ago. They had to remove all the wires over the streets and take out signs to make corners at intersections. Still no where's near as heavy as that baby!
Flo, I'll have the #2 special with bacon and sourdough toast. Over easy on the eggs and keep the coffee coming! Gotta do some serious house cleaning today. My son and his Mother-to-be wife are coming over for standing rib roast tonight.
Just got an e-mail from my sister. Looks like the end is near for my Brother-in-law in Indiana. He was moved to In Hospice care last night. My sister is both sad and relieved as she had hoped he could die at home and wanted to care for him until the end. It was just too much for her and the visiting nurse took one look at the situation and made the call to have him moved.
Ray the last heavy load i saw a few years back was this paper drying machine en route to Chile from Bolton, it weighed 510 tons and took a full day to get to Manchester docks which is just down the road but due to the height and weight it had to go on a right magical mystery tour to get there
and here it is about five hours into the journey, and the road it has to take next is the one on the trucks left, honest, they had to shunt back into a side road twice to get it round the bend
Hi All, nice loads there Steve, I remember when I was a young one Soetimes I have moments of clarity. Well They where building a bigpower plant near us. It had a huge undergroung tunnel that led from the upper river and bypast Niagara Falls to a reservoir that then powered huge turbines and let it out down to the lower river. well it was some project even my father worked on it for awhile. but the earthmoving equipment they used at the time was something to behold . I 'll have to try and dig up some pictures of it to show all. Well Thats all for now hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday !