Cjcrescent
Master Mechanic
I find it funny that to him, if it's not operations, then what's the point? I am the complete opposite. If it doesn't look like the real world, then what's the point? I just thought I would share this interesting observation of the differences in opinion.
This, Corey, seems to be the difference between the two "main camps" of model railroading. This very subject sparked a multiple page discussion across the street about a year and a half to two years ago. I was a lot like your uncle. If it's not operations what's the point? I still prefer operations, but I've also been at it long enough to know, it doesn't matter!
Coffee please, Flo!
Spent the last several days in Little Rock, Ar. visiting with daughter. Boy it got cold over there. Wanted to go to One Track Mind, the hobby shop over there, but he was closed the only day, (Mon) I could go.
Left about 3pm yesterday and got to Memphis right at rush hour. Musta hit a lull, as it only took us the normal 15mins to navigate the interchanges and get out of there. As we left Memphis, it started getting dark, and then it started snowing. There were times I thought we were in a blizzard, as the crosswinds were howling and the snow was heavy, but then we'd bust out of the "shower" and we'd be in a section of light snow. Temperature stayed right at 36`, so we weren't worried about ice forming on the roads. It snowed like this all the way across Ms. and Al. until we got home in Hoover at 10pm. How much longer it snowed afterwards, I don't know. There still is snow flurries in our forcast, but there ain't enough clouds for even that now, just cold and windy!
Last edited by a moderator:
