Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all , Claudia i know what you mean I updated a windows package and it wasnothing but a pain so I got rid of it right away. Steve I know what you mean some nights it seems like sleep is impossible. well I'm not having Turkey dinner on Thursday My sister Amkes dinner and we just bring the veggies. Also My sister-in-law makes diner so it's a double whammy day. looking at two meals really makes me want to just say no but you have to be a trooper and deal with it . Well eberyone have a nice Thanksgiving Eve And watch out for the Partiers
 
Mornin'....... opps! Afternoon everyone! Been busy at work dusting, vacuuming, shoveling out the dirt, and grime so the place is fit for company tomorrow. I actually may be able to run some trains tomorrow as I also did some cleaning down on the layout (used my new CMX Clean Machine a few days ago). Put away all the tools, bags of scenery stuff, extra little chunks of extruded foam, scraps of roadbed and track, drywall screws, and most everything else that has littered the area for the last 10 months. It at least looks presentable down there. The main floor.......... well needs a few hours more work. Need to bake two pumpkin pies and cook the squash today. The Bird is thawing in water. And... I'm getting tired already. Taking a short break to post this.

So! Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to all of you here in the US of A and a wonderful day anyway to all of you other fellow Earthlings around the planet!
 
I have had a bad week, i went to bed sunday 10pm and was still wide awake when the alarm went off at 5.45am monday morning, to say it was driving me crazy would be an understatement, monday night i could not sleep again for some strange reason and now i'm just about done for, i'm trying again tonight,,, i am determined to get at least 6 hours tonight

Steve: Have you ever had one of those nights where you thought you were awake all night, but then woke up and realized that you have been dreaming? It has the same affect as staying up all night.:eek: :D Try an ATIVAN. That will relax you for a good night's sleep.;)
 


Steve I also know that pattern of no sleep. Go to bed at 10PM back to the computer at 10:30PM until midnite then back to bed for a very short time get back up and watch TV news allnite go back to bed at 5AM the alarm goes off at 6 and then cannot get woke up to go to work. The next nite I go to bed at 9PM and up agian at 10 and the pattern starts all over again. The guys at work wonder why I can sleep standing up while they are talking to me. LOLLOLLOL
 
Rex Oh yes, i'v had a few,,, this was different though, i even went outside to chill for a while, i thought "when i get back in bed the warm will knock me out" but no, that didn't work i just froze for nothin, i never heard of ATIVAN, i got an appointment at the Doc's friday anyhow

I read the thread about tree's and backgrounds GM posted, turn's out he found a shop that sell's them right on my doorstep so i ordered a load of different stuff,, got to say thank's to him

See Ya'll later
 
Hello All,

Steve B I realy hope you'll got your sleep pattern back very soon!
It IS very busy: have a job and a family with 3 jong kids!!
I hope I am not to personal with my question but could it also be part of dealing with what had happened to you, your brain and the possitive results of the medical examinations you had, last week?(It is a litle bit dunglish but I hope you'll understand it??:o)

Hope you sleep well! Jos
 
Hey all you insomniacs, try this:

First, take a couple of arthritis-strength Tylenol if you have aches and pains, and wear sox if your feet get cold at night.

Now, to stop the "mind racing," think of any five-digit number, 34,829 for example.

Begin counting backward from that number.

In your mind, "say" the entire number as you count: Thirty-four thousand eight hundred twenty nine, thirty-four thousand eight hundred twenty eight, thirty-four thousand eight hundred twenty seven,..... etc.

If your partner snores like a jackhammer, wear some earplugs, too. (I use industrial-strength foam earmuffs I bought at Home Depot.)

Sweet dreams.
 
Steve, you might give Nyquil PM a try (if it's available there). I am sleeping fine, but have used it in the past a few times. It knocks me flat, maybe it would work for you.

As for the tree stickers, glad you were able to get some. Don't forget to Dull Cote them after applying them to the backdrop.
 
"(I use industrial-strength foam earmuffs I bought at Home Depot.)"
Home Depot her I come I need some of them badly. I still snore some but the better half snores like a freight train roaring thru the bedroom. She will not admit it but then she also says it is possible and I do not have it in me to record it. I am not one to say I told you so.
 
If your partner snores like a jackhammer, wear some earplugs, too. (I use industrial-strength foam earmuffs I bought at Home Depot.)

Claudia, You could just punch him. Trust me, as a snoree, being on the recieving end of a left hook thrown by a sleep deprived lady is no fun.:eek:
 


Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

11-23-06

:eek:
BUFFET2.png
TURKEYDINNER.png
PILGRI321.png


THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Happy Thanksgiving to you BIll and to all of my good friends on this forum.
(Wow! That is quite a spread to make you spread:D )
 
Mornin' Bill! Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone! Looks like you are going to eat well.

At my table there will be Turkey, Grandma's home recipe for the stuffing, baked squash from the garden, Mashed Taters, gravy, pumpkin pie baked by little old me last night, egg nog with a touch of dark rum, Finger Lakes wine (3 varieties) (the finest in the world I might add), freshly baked rolls, a tasty cabbage salad, and the obligatory cranberry sauce...... Both my sons, their mates, my sister, myself, and two dogs as well as my three cats all here at the same time. After the feast, they will be treated to a ride on the Seneca Lake, Ontario, and Western in first class. Nothin' too good for my family!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A Big Happy Thanksgiving to all ! Hope your day is filled with good food fellowship and family. I know about lack of sleep. Last night I slept a total of about ahour I have neropathy in my toes and try sleeping with your toes tingling all night. It's the pits . But everytime there's a barometric drop in pressure I go through this so it's plenty of sleepless nights. oh well I always end up making up for it somewhere. So have a nice turkey day again to all of you forum friends !!!!
 
Have a great day everyone
Josh don't think hours Think Ducati

claudia my friend punched his wife in the head for snoring, he woke up and thought it was a thief in the house and just whacked her without thinking, she fell out of bed with the shock and hit her face on the wardrobe just as he came to his senses, without thinking he said how did you fall out of bed and she said she was having a horrible dream and thought someone was hitting her. next day she had a monster of a black eye and still to this day thinks she did it as she fell out of bed,,, he was VERY lucky that time
 
Thank you Ken.
Steve, I don't think that I could get away with that. Guess I need to try the ear plugs. I have thought about recording my other half and use the sound for background effects on the layout:D :D
(Oh-oh! I hope she doesn't see this. I would be in deep doo.)
 


Steve B Exactly what I'm thinking. And more trains ;) ...

As for our dinner, we've got Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, Stove top stuffing, green been casserole (wife's idea), buns, crescent rolls, pumpkin pie and strawberry cheesecake.

I don't think I missed anything... I know we forgot the cranberry sauce though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top