ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Went out and retrieved the newspaper from the depository across the road this morning and fell flat on my keister in the driveway on my way back in. We probablly had an inch of snow on the ground and the road and driveway were coverd in crunchy frozen snow. You could really hear the crunch as you walked and fell on it. No real damage to me but did skin my hand on the rock in the drive. Luckily I did not reinjure my shoulder that I have been having trouble with the last two months. Teh sun is now shining, the tempature is warming up and it is going to be a beautiful day. Well out to the shop and try to get the grandkids toy boxes sanded and stained today. Have a great day everyone I intend too.
Just a touch of, ah, "partly cloudy" on the roofs and porch this morning here. Ground is too warm for it to stick on the roads or lawn yet. A little flurry of fine white stuff is falling out of the sky from time to time. Not much to write home about..........
Mornin All, We had a touch of the white stuff this morning also. I had to brush off the car. But it suppose to warm up a bit for Thanksgiving. It's a good day anyhow day after the Bills pulled out a win with 9 seconds left could not ask for a better ending. Hops you all stay warm and have a real nice day !!!
Mornin' all!
Larry, you're just out of practice walking on the snow. It's cool (COLD) here with a high of 50 today and low of 30 tonight predicted.
Guess I had better shift to overdrive and get some loose ends finished on the layout. I definitely need to clean up and get ready for company Thanksgiving. My daughter and family in Houston can't make it, but we will have my niece and her family over. Her State Trooper husband and son love running my trains, so I need to get it all ready for them.
Don't worry my scorning friends, college football is winding down and all will be gone in 2 months.
Uhm.. I posted the joke on the wrong thread I had to make a new one....
Hope you don't mind, just read what's coming next to the "Seamstress" joke.....
Must be everybody is cleaning house for Turkey Day....... That's what I have been trying to do (unsuccessfully I might add). Had to finish a review of a CD with a customer late this afternoon. My son from Chicago arrived in town late last night (staying with my other son's family) and just got home from having dinner with them.
Evening Rex.Well,things aren't looking to good for Coach Shula. Rumors are flying about that he may need to pack his bags.But,from what I heard on the news,it seems that the Bama Nation,is not to happy with his coaching. Speaking of packing,I may well be out of my garden home by Christmas.It seems that I have an interested party,and well,he may be ready to buy the house. On a happier note,I have a new structure to put together.Walther's Superior Paper Mill. It is to be part of my layout when it gets built.Getting back to Alabama football,I hope they don't fire Coach Shula,but something has to change. Five losses to Auburn,is enough to make anyone see red,er' Crimson..Oh well,I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day this week,and try not to eat to much,although that's kinda hard to avoid.Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mrs.Heacock.William.
HA! Sounds fun. I hate updates that are like "prehistoric" backdates, making you feel like you're on dial up again. I've updated Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 times in the past week. I swear its the same one over & over.
Thanks William and hope you have a good Turkey day, also.
Claudia: What happened with IE7? Mine loaded very easily and I like some of the new features (although most were already in Firefox).
Josh: Nope, not all working. Usually the weekdays are as active as the nights. I believe Ray has the right idea. I know that I have been straightening things on the layout and cleaning track most of the day getting prepared for our guests to run some on Thursday. Tomorrow is yard work.
Hello everyone, first of all Have a great Thankgiving
Save me some Turkey for me William the superior paper mill is a great looking kit, it would be a nice one for me kitbashed to fit against the wall.
I have had a bad week, i went to bed sunday 10pm and was still wide awake when the alarm went off at 5.45am monday morning, to say it was driving me crazy would be an understatement, monday night i could not sleep again for some strange reason and now i'm just about done for, i'm trying again tonight,,, i am determined to get at least 6 hours tonight