Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All , woke up this morning to another beautiful day Rainy . I guess this is the storm that went through Alabama earlier. Eric & Rex how did yous make out ? I heard qiute a bit od damage in your state. Just got back from another Doctor and she said to taks fishoil for my cholestral. Well I guess I'll get my weekly fish intake one way or another. Hope all have a truly nice day. Steve real nice video there.
 
Paul B (in Texas) - I sent you a PM, did you get it? I didn't see an option to send an email message. Anyhoo, "the ship came in":D

Steve - another great Burgess video, sure wish he had been around the B&O in Baltimore with his video camera ~1970...

Raining buckets here, hope everyone else is doing alraight.
 


videos

Hello All,

Steve B: GREAT videos Steve!!!
What a speed.... She looks like a rocket. ( it is a "she" or not?:o )
tsjutsjutsjutsjutsjuwetsjutsjutsjutsjuwetsju.......I love that sound, cannot write it down:mad: :D
BTW: the weather here is a litle bit crazy, it is like spring: sunshine and almost 20'C !!! Within 6 weeks it HAS to snow!!!
Iam still wishing a WHITE christmas for already 35 years so perhaps this year????

Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gang: Just a quickee today. I got a little more done on the head frame during my breaks. It's nice having a shop all to yourself. No one to mess with your stuff.
Ken: I haven't been home to check the E-mail. I did get notified that I had one waiting but couldn't get it at work. They did dock her in the right spot and got out all the foul weather lines, didn't they.
We had a very windy day yesterday. Winds were up to 40 mph gusting higher. It was cold also. Today is sunny and cool about 60f right now.
Well I'm about ready to head out. I have to stop at Barns & Nobel and pick up a CD that Mary Ann ordered and then go by her doctor and get him to fill out a form for the insurance.
Yo all have a good day.
 
Sorry I haven't replied to any threads yesterday or today. Ducati just ruined my plans to get a 998S, they just released the info on the 2007 Ducati 1098. Now I'm looking at getting a NEW $18k bike! So much money.
 
WHOOOOWEEE JOSH, nice bike, i'd love a bike but i would be deep doo doo if i got one,,

Jos yes, 6201 "Princess Elizabeth" is a racing machine, she held the record speed in the 1930's 114mph to be exact, the loco also had the record of traveling from London to Glasgow which today has only had an hour or two knocked off. The loco has been very well looked after by it's owner since the 1960's, he bought it from British Rail as a working locomotive and after all these years is still a force to be recond with,,,,,STEAM you can't beat it
 
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


cid_003901c6b330ad0b78500a01a8c0use.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Bill!

Some small patches of sun amidst the clouds this morning. Must be a lull in the storm.
 


Good afternoon All,

Modelbob started a very interresting thread: driving/controlling your trains by brain....:eek:
What about if there are not any uhhh, mmmmm?? :D ;)
Still spring in autumn overhere!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all,,, we got rain, sun high winds and just about everything in between,,, back to my honey roasted peanuts, anyone fancy some
 
Hi all, Another sunless cold day sure is boring ! Yeah Steve I'll take the peanuts wth a side of sold beer. We just found out that we have a serial killer in our area A woman was jogging alone on a path and she was found rapped and murdered. This same thing had happened in 1990 , 1992 . DNA has tied those withe the latest. It's a sad world we live in Ladis don''t walk or run alone . Always go with a buddy . Oh forgot the lady killed just now was killed 12 years to the day when the last one was killed .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paul That's not good at all

We have just got in from train watching at Preston, a unit coal train and an intermodal service went through and the main reason for us going on such a COLD dark night came in, the 6201 steam loco on it's return trip, great stuff, and here she is video'd a short time earlier at last light http://www.burgess57.freeserve.co.uk/6201_17_11.WMV

Ken M got a DVD on Ebay about NZ train journeys, i only bid 01p and won it' fantastic or what, anyway i watched it and it's great, the country is gorgious and so clean, and what surprised me was christchurch station having conveyor belts to carry your stuff from the train
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we've got all the latest gadgets!!

Including these babies!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxkabydFiB8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aGKbTGxO2Q

My latest project, I bought two actuators for satellite dishes but burnt one motor out, so re powered them with 12v battery drill motors and gearboxes. Then built a 15amp power supply and timer unit.

Now just to get some remote control gear, and remote door bell for the house.

They aren't really that noisy just a sensitive mic.

Ken.
 
Nice work Ken, you would have to pay around £1000 for auto gate openers here, my neigbours got them but seeying as i don't have gates they would be pretty useless to me,,,, but, if i move, who knows, i may be giving you a call for your own model of gate opener
 
Hello Bill
just on with sifting through my old puwter for anything worth saving onto CD, mainley pictures and some word doc's, what a pain it's so S - L - O - W, no wonder i upgraded to a new one
bright and sunny and windy,,,and raining ??? here, i'm going nowhere today
 


Mornin' Luc!

Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Steve, your assessment of your old computer soulnds like a great name for a model Railroad......:p :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top