ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Afternnoon All ! Rex wishing your Mother a belated birthday ! Sound like everyone is aa bit busy .All I'm doing is enjoying this really nice day before it gets wet and cold again.Ho yes been working on improvingthe Model City Railroad. And yes there really was a Model City & Buffalo Line which ran from Model City to Buffalo about 40 miles of track !!!
Hi All:
Ken it sounds like you are feeling better. I guess I'd better go down and address that tube of drawings and get them in the mail tomorrow.
Fergie I think that you had better get down here and we'll fire up my live steamer. That's a sure cure for deseasaitus.
Well I'd better get going.
Good Night to All
OldGettysk, where exactly is or was Model City? I used to live in Oakfield (Taught 2 years in Elba) and had relatives in the Buffalo area. I thought I knew the area pretty well but never heard of the place. It doesn't appear on a Google map of the area either.....
morning all, a nice day here, 4.c on the thermometer and a cold biting wind from the north sea, i'm off outside to do some work in the garden now, keep the coffee coming Flo
Kids were on the 'putor last night and I didn't bring home the laptop, so no online for me *sigh*. At least I made one pleasant discovery: I found a pair of Soundtraxx 1st gen diesel decoders I bought ~18 months ago, that I can put in my SD38-2's. I know they're not top-o-the-line, but if Joe Fugate uses them they can't be all bad...
More good news: I brought my car to my regular mechanic yesterday, he said that all those terrible 'defects' were bogus! Goes to show ya - just like with surgery, always get a second opinion.
Josh, is that SD40-2 project what I think it is? If so I can't wait to see it...
Steve, looks like I'll have to stop in Radio Shack and get another mic before I can do anymore skyping, I'll let you know when everything's ready.
Paul WB - looking foreward to those drawings! No need to rush though.
Ain't been here a while and seems like everybodys been down with sumpin'.
I've been threatened with a possible blood clot in my leg, that turned out to be a false alarm. Had a minor viral infection that just hung on & on & on...
Then come to find out that the thyroid meds I'd been taking for almost 2 years since my thyroidectomy was no longer being absorbed! MD said that my levels were 4 times lower than what they should have been. This low level was making me SUPER depressed, lethargic, and really disrupted the sleep patterns. The MD got me back on track with a new brand of hormone, gave me sumpin' to help me sleep and now I'm feeling halfway normal.
Been spending the last two weeks catching up on things that I've been having to do, but didn't have the energy or desire to do.
Now that I'm back up almost to where I need to be, I'll be in here more often, especially after I get caught up!!!!
Hello guy's,,, rain stopped my fun today, oh well. Carey welcome back in to the hot seat sir, glad your getting sorted out with the med's
and the tree's had a good haircut
and this is what's left of it once shredded, i am putting some 4"x4"'s down to hold it all back, this will give the young one's something soft to fall on
Good Morning and a good week-end to you all!
Nice going Ken with the car. Like they say, "The sun is behind every cloud." Carey, I am glad you crawled out of your cave to say hi. (Oops! I gotta watch the caveman jokes.) Seriously, I am glad you got your meds straightened out. Maybe you will feel like coming back over soon. I miss our fun sessions. Steve, I wish I had the energy and could get half the things done that you do.
Hi all just got back from the eye doctor boy I hate the drops they put in to dilate your eyes .You have to half close them or wear sunglasses the rest of the day. But everything turnedout ok there at least .Carey glad your meds. are helping you now. I stopped at a estate sale on way back from doctors you never know what you find .I found a nice Semi Cab for the layout. But how come when you go to an estate sale evrything automatically becomes a collectors item and when you go to a garage sale it's just junk ? Oh well have a great day and a goos start to the weekend !!
Jos It's all good fun, the tree was around 25ft higher than the top of the stump and completley filled that gap Rex talking about caves,,, there has just been a discovery over here of a GIANT cave system with the main cave being double the size of the current record holder here in the UK, it's amazing that such a massive hole can be there and the world not fall into it, a local farmer lost his barn and stables not long ago when an old mine shaft collapsed which had been forgotten about, with the passage of ground water it had opened it up to about 60ft and the farm litterally fell down the hole
THEY SHALL GROW NOT OLD AS WE
THAT ARE LEFT GROW OLD;
AGE SHALL NOT WEARY THEM NOR
THE YEARS CONDEMN.
AT THE GOING DOWN OF THE SUN
AND IN THE MORNING,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM.
As I will be working overnight until after the Rememberance Time, I thought I'd better do this now.
Carey, welcome back, glad the meds have started working!
Jos, I see you are getting inspiration from the tree in Steve's back yard! Is there an N scale model of that in the pipeline?
Steve, it doesn't look like I'll be able to do any skyping on Saturday, my kids have been fighting each other for access to the PC ever since I got home from work (I'm on the laptop) - haven't even had time to test the microphone! I just might ask the powers-that-be at my employer's IT dept if I can get permission to install Skype on the laptop, that would make things soooo much simpler!
Buffalo Paul - I recently had to go thru a glaucoma test (negative thank goodness), those dilating eye drops definitely are a pain in the @$$!
Luc, great Veterans' Day pics!
I've gotten an idea for some easy mods that could greatly improve operations on my layout and make the mill more era-appropriate. You just might be seeing some pix from me in the next WPF!