ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Good Afternoon All, Another pretty warm day in Western New York. Something good today. Last day for political ads on TV . Thank Goodness. And with that don't forget to exercise your rights. Go Vote , Bye fo now
afternoon all,
had a day up the tree in the back garden, it had a split in one of the high level boughs so i cut it down, tommorow i'm taking the rest of the top off and shredding it in the 8" shredder. time for some nice lamb chops
Good Afternoon All, Another pretty warm day in Western New York. Something good today. Last day for political ads on TV . Thank Goodness. And with that don't forget to exercise your rights. Go Vote , Bye fo now
Done that! Had to go see the Doctor today. Sugar has crept up a little but still in the good range. All the other tests he did came back in the normal range as well, BP was good. So, I guess for the moment I can just get on with life. Tomorrow I will pull up all those signs that seem to grow in my yard every other fall....... Then I can mow the rest of the lawn for the last time and store the mower for the winter. In the meantime, I can do some work on the layout today. Yes!
I am reading the "conversations in "Coffeeshop"( in our country its means something totaly different ) for a while and I do like it a lot!: "The cuppa coffee and the donuts!!! or the: Good morning Bill or good morning Steve, all the way from "down under"(almost)
I was shocked too as I read your message(yesterday 02.52 pm) and I am as glad as the other members of this "Coffeeshop"forum to hear that the tumor is dead! So you do not have to bother about it.
Saw your picture today with your sweet daughter and of course the "tree" First thought is/was:
Could that be am Item on your layout, scale 1:87!!
Just an idea
Evening Jos,,there will be more tree's down tommorow, maybe some of the chipped bark will find a new home on the layout, as long as there are no woodworms in there
I feel sorry for those trees
It looks like you've got nice weather to clear that job
As a (ex) gardener I liked that kind of jobs, but now I am getting older, almost 50 , climbing up a tree is not my favorite thing to do anymore
Yes, BEWARE of the ww!!
NZKen: Oh man, would I ever love to have a set of those horns on my pickup. I would attack every booming bass, jiving jerk in town! I wish they would outlaw those danged 1000 watt+ car stereos.
Darn Steve, that was scary news about your tumor. I am so happy that the prognosis is good. You have got too many good things going for you to have something like that mess you up. Besides, you have a trip to make.
Ray: You were suppose to give out all the candy...not eat it! Now look what happened to your blood sugar.
Getty I did my voting! I sure wasn't happy with most of the choices in my state and had to pick out the lesser of the evils. Like you said Paul, "...last day for political ads on TV." Thank goodness.
Jos: I will be glad to buy you a cup of coffee any day you stop in.
Stan: Are you still fixing up that house for your layout?
Rex, I'm working on it in my spare time. Tearing out the fire place right now and believe me it's a dirty job. It will take some time to finish it, but it will be worth it. When I'm done, the "new train room" should be about 26'x14' I'll still have two more rooms to use later on if I need to. I'll keep you posted. BTW what is wrong with the TIDE?
Stan, the "Crimson Tide" is out...far out!
I would like to say, "Wait until next year!", but I have my doubts. There is need of big change, if we plan to win any games.
I see there's been lots of action since my last 'official' visit here several weeks ago, with Steve having a brain tumour and Fergie's dad being back in the hospital (hang in there guys). Several new faces too, growth is good!
Here's the deal: I've been coping with stress-related medical disorders that have diluted my ability to enjoy The Hobby. On top of that, things have gotten a tad crazy around my workplace over the past 3 weeks, so I almost never have any slack time to particpate in these online conversations. If I had any positive MRR news to report I might feel more motivated. But money has been tight, and it seems like every time I'm ready to do something major, a "whammy" (a.k.a. a surprise expense) pops up and snatches away the month's MRR budget. For example: I was ready to order a dozen UTPs from Tony's as the final step toward making my layout DCC-ready, but today I was informed that my car needs new brakes pronto! ($600.00) Sheeeesh...!
I'll try to visit here more regularly, but due to the change in working conditions my posts will be fewer and farther between.
Don't know hat's wrong with me as I've bought two Diesels in the past week...
Yeh say it's not so
a 40 tonner by Bachmann, real cute too
and a 5 axle C-liner in CN green livery, man it rocks. President's Choice is releasing a CN 2-10-2 (Mehano) with Elesco Feed Water Heater. That should be a keeper!
Dad is slowly getting better but no release date as of yet and the builders showed up today with Lumber. The old Git has all the nurses charmed to death!
Steve: Hope all is well your way as the Tumour, be it dead is still a scary thought!
I thought you might be sick or something....... We've missed you! Glad that your dad is making progress. He has certainly had a rough road. Be blessed!
Fergie I am glad your dad is improving.
My dad had his gall bladder removed 3 weeks ago and he was doiong OK. He has falllen 6 times in the past week. Once needing 5 stitches in his head and two in his ear. My brother Mike took him back to the hospital after his latest fall yesterday. They ran some more test and found that his sodium level was only at 120. It should be around 135 so they think that has been his problem. Low sodium results in not being able to keep your balance. I hope that is the problem because he was giving up. Since they told him that good news he has really perked up. Rex Do you mean a big change in coaches for the Tide or something else.
Very nice... I was driving home from work late last night, thinking about doing this to my own vehicle when I drove under the New England Central bridge in Amherst just as the nightly freight went over, blaring it's horn 'cause no one ever stops at the un-gated crossing a block away. I spent a good few seconds trying to figure out where the truck with the horn was until I looked at the clock and remembered that the freight was due
I guess I don't spend enough time trackside. That's sad.
Anyway, I got up early to do some work on the website and now I'm basking in the glow of knowing it's going to be two more years before I have to hear anymore underhanded, coniving, bigoted, mean spirited or childish political attack ad's. Now perhaps I can watch TV again without repressed memories of junior high coming back to haunt me.
CSX_road_slug - I know how you feel, I got a part time job at a little orchard near here to make some extra cash. Second day on the job my truck rolls into a ditch. Now just about all that "extra" money I made is going into a new fender and a paint job. Grrr...
Steve - I bet that was pretty scary waiting for the scan results. I'm glad to hear the prognosis is good.
Fergie - Glad to hear your dad is improving.
Ok... time to go do something remotely MR related before I slog back to the grindstone.