Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, Ken L hang in there Ken, if you want anything were all here to help, i might have a problem with the manual kind of help due to the bit of water between us,
Fergie You bought TWO diseasals you nead to go sniff a steam loco more often, get some back in the blood or before you know it you will have more diseasels than steam loco's on the M.E.S.S.

No tree climbing today it raining like heck so the jobs stopped till friday,,, guess i'd better get back in the garage and continue the benchwork,,,, talking benchwork i got a great deal on the wood, the timber shop has a scrap corner and everything i required was in there, i filled up the car for £4:D :D :D my kind of bargain
 
Morning All:
KenL: Hang in there old man. I know how you feel. I've got a supply of pills on hand that I use once in awhile to help me over the hump. I don't take them durning the day but they help at night to get the sleep that I need. I'll get those drawings of the MV. Buffalo in the mail soon. I'm just the worlds champion procrastenator.
Fergie: I've got a couple of those 44tonners in B&O blue. These are the early 2 motor ones and they run very well.
Well it's time to get to work. I have to replace a gear motor on the first donkey rider at the Mexican Jct. and a motor on the #6 tamale.
Ya all take care.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

I'm getting the electric service replaced to my house today and tomorrow. Electrician is coming this morning in a few minutes to start the inside work and to place the new meter outside the house. Tomorrow NYSGE will come and replace the old singe wires coming into the house with triplex. My wireing got stretched last month when a neighbor lost the wires going to his house during a windstorm. Two of the three wires at my house are bare anyway so I consider this to be a pre-emptive strike. Don't want to lose power for a few days mid winter.
 


Afternoon All ! Ken sorry about your situation. I've had health problems since 1988 and some days it is a chore just to get out of bed. I'm on a fixed income so doing anything on my railroad is a real money stretching thing. Hope that life will turn for the better for you . Fergie glad your dad is doing better. And Steve your daughter is a real cutie. Seem like yeasterday when I was chasing my girls around the yard. Ray I"m on insulin so take care of your sugar don;t want to end up on the needle . Well with that hope all have a nice day. Oh yeah you guys should see how the University of Buffalo Bulls are doing they haven't had a winning season since 1969 but they try !!
 
Hi fellows! My goodness, there is a lot of gloom over the coffee shop. I sure hope that everyones' life gets back to success and happiness. I certainly haven't been exempt from worries, grief, or other problems, but I am trying hard to keep my chin up regardless of what I may have to face now and in the future. I know...easy said...but its the only way to make the most out of our short, but precious life. I pray that the good in your lives will overcome the bad.

I am getting ready to go pick up my Mother and bring her over here to the house for a birthday celebration. She is 91 today and going strong...even still drives (scares the "H" out of me") and no way can I take the car keys away:eek: .

Back at you later.
 
#%^&**&^???!@!@!@%^%$#@ D-LINK!!!!! YUCK, I hate networks computers and broadband routers!! I'm trying to set up a wireless router so I can get internet in the trainroom, but my wireless broadband transmitter thingy (not a D-link wireless router) from my ISP has the D-link guy confused!!


Ken.

Ken... you missed a few explicitifs there my friend:D I've dealt with D-link reps before and I believe they should have been called "Missing Link Reps" because the light might be on but no one is home:confused:

Useless Garbage!!!

And yes it's true I made a mistake:o I meant the 44 tonner. It's painted in yellow with no road name... yet:rolleyes:
 
Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Paul, at this point I am one of the luicky ones that has been able to control my Diabetes with diet and excercise. My Mother and Grandmother both ended up on insulin so I am very familiar with your routine. My Doc said that the tests basically right now have me in the non-diabetic group.

Rex, wow 91 years young! Say happy Birthday for me also to your mom. That is quite a milestone.

Ken]/b], ain't technology wonderful!:rolleyes: ;) :D

Fergie, quick hop a flight to Rochester, NY and I will take you over to the house where a friend of mine who heats with a coal stove lives. A couple good wiffs of the smell of coal gas should cure that Diseasalitis you are suffering from. My God what is the world comming to!?!

Electrician has everything ready to cut over my electric service tomorrow as soon as the Electric Company shows up. He found while doing the new wiring that my old wiring wasn't rated heavy enough to handle the 100Amp service that I am supposed to have. Probably a good thing to get the upgrade just for that!
 
Hi gang,

Time for my daily visit. Thanx everybody (Steve, Paul, & Paul) for letting me ramble, gotta get stuff off my chest sometimes. HawkEye, pleased to meetcha - I'm not always this bad, honest!:D

Rex, add my name to the list of Happy Birthday wishes for your Mom!

Fergie, glad to hear your dad is improving. I'll have to follow your example and get back to some hands-on railroading for stress relief.

Steve, you sure can't beat those cull lumber bins for good deals - my benchwork has its share of that stuff too! Wish I could post more pix of my young 'uns like you do, but they run and hide whenever I take the cover off the lens...

Ray, that's definitely a wise move to fix that electrical infrastructure before the nasty weather sets in. Which reminds me, perhaps I ought to test-start my emergency generator this Saturday...

I'm thinking I can probably find a way to acquire those UTPs and cables, I'll justify to the CFO as a psychiatric expense when I put them on my credit card...g'nite!
 


Rex Do you mean a big change in coaches for the Tide or something else.

Probably not that drastic, as yet; we sure don't need to go through more coaches. However, there are a lot of grumblings going on to get rid of Coach Shula, but that is the norm for Alabama fans when the team isn't winning every game. Most do agree that changes with the coaching staff must take place. It is everything from Shula letting the Offensive Coordinator do his job and him stay out of it, to Shula stop trying to run the offense like a Pro team and to start cultivating a more disciplined team. My personal opinion is the talent is there to be a No.1 contender, but they aren't playing as a team and they need to do what ever it takes to correct this.

Guys, glad to see that the spirits are higher now in the coffee shop. I hope everyone has will wear a big smile the rest of the week. I told my Mom about all of your B'day wishes and she said, " Oh! That's so sweet of those young men...and they don't even know me." ;) :) :D :D
 
Lil late, but Tell her happy bday from a young Military man (even though I got out...).

So hum... I get to do some Orange painting tomorrow.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


11-09-06

:eek:

donuts_2.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
 
Artist Josh

Hello, good afternoon, ladies and chaps!

Hey Josh, I knew a part of you :D is an artist! good luck with the "painting"!!:D
You forgot the "s" behind >orange<:D :D :D
lol
sinaasappelhx6.jpg



Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
North West Scene

Good morning Bill,

Stev B:
I had a wonderfull morning by watching the pictures on the "North West Scene" website. Pictures in winter, spring autumn and winter: GREAT(WMF: 10- 21-2007 #7)
Beautiful country you have....:)

Jos
 
Last edited by a moderator:
can't get enough of this weather

Again a beautiful day in autmn:) :) . With "Vermeer" skies!!
Always take some pictures from my garden. Here's one of them..
BTW I do'nt "fix"the garden before winter, I just let it so, it's more natural, like nature. It is also better for the shrubs and perennials. In spring it is much easier to clean up the dead leaves etc:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Luc!

Busy here this morning. Good to see. I am waiting for the electric company and my electrician to get here to switch over my service upgrade. The old wires are in pretty bad shape. Bad news is my big printer decided to die on me. I have tied all the tricks to get it back up and running. Resets of the firmware, repaired permissions on my G5, shut everything down and restart, reset again, etc. and still it will run for a few copies then starts to do some funny things, clunks a couple of times, grinds and goes clack,clack,clack, schiiitch, and then quits. So time to spend more money on my business and less on the Railroad..........
 
Hehe, thats the best of it. Its really just a taking out the airbrush & coating a whole SD40-2 with BNSF orange. Then I can show off, when I get her "done" in WPF this weekend.
 


hello everyone,,, great day's work done today, this morning it was off to Manchester to get rid of gran's rubbish that has accumilated over the last 25 years, boy what a clear out that was, then i cemented some roof tiles back on for her and clearde her path of overhanging bushes,,, them a quick dash home to help the tree surgeon cut the rest of the high limb's off the oak tree in the garden, now i have a three ton pile of chippings to take back round for the childrens play area tommorow,,, is the massage parlour open next door, if it is i'll be round for a good back treatment.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top