ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi Gang: It's been awhile. I've been keeping up just haven't had much to say.
Steve: Don't let HJ run you off. That is really a good bunch over there. Besides we get fresh OJ straight from the grove.
I got a little more done on the Cliff's shaft headframe yesterday. I assembled the top to the bottom and added the castings. Now to do the bump out on one side and it's beginning to look like the pictures.
By the way, if any of you want to try using PVC sheet for model building do so. It is good stuff and so cheap. Check out the local sign shops for scraps. They may give you the small stuff or sell at a very resonable price. I get the 3 mil stuff from our sign shop. A 4X8 sheet of 1 mil is only $12.50 and a sheet of 2 mil is $20.00. That's a life time supply in one sheet.
We had a real thunder storm come through last night lots of thunder and lightning. I don't know how much rain we got but it sounded like we were under a water fall.
Well it's another monday so I have to go and check out the park and make sure that everything is turned off and note the problems if any.
See you all later.
Paul I'll pop in again soon when the troll's gone, don't worry about that, i love Ed's OJ.
I got a load of obsolete signs a while back,,, all were styrene as well so i too have a lifetimes supply.
Today i went for the results of my brain scan and i have a tumor that's killed off a significant part of my brain on the left, the good news is it's dead so won't get any worse, the risk of serious injury or death is high if they try to remove it so it can stay in there as long as it want's to, i'm happy with that.
Good Lord Steve , Sorry about the tumor , Glad that it won't do anymore damage. Th Lord works in mysterious ways. Nice Suuny day here with temps. near 60. Looks like Indian Summer is here . hope it lasts a long time !! Everyone have a nice Monday or whats left of it !
I ran 28 feet of gas line in the attic today and hung the garage furnace. All I need now is to finish the flue and electric. This will make getting Christmas presents ready a lot easier. In the past they had to come into the house for the staining and finishing. Glendia did not mind but with my grsndson here daily I needed to get that stuff out of the house. Right now I am very tired and ready to go to bed.
Great, great, great! Love it! Back in the 60's I had a freon powered air horn on my Volkswagon Bug (before they knew what freon did to the environment). I used to have a lot of fun with that thing........
You can buy train horn's here for about £60 from truck stops, but you require 100 psi to work em, OK for the big rig's but no good in a car unless you have an electric compressor