Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' Bill, Luc, Ray!
Josh, that was a very good day for you. Hope you have many more.

Ray, did your meeting have time to schedule a meeting to decide when to have another meeting? (Can you tell that I am a retired educator?) :D :D
 


Rex you know, we had a H&S meeting last wednesday and guess what, at the meeting they decided to have a meeting to discuss the meeting, barking mad if you ask me. Why can't people just get on with things instead of talking bout them, Oh well.
 
Well, since a lot more of you read this topic than boring stuff like "server upgrades" ;) thought I'd drop in and tell you we'll be working on the server this weekend.

If you try to visit the site and get a 404 or the forum is closed, don't panic. We'll get things back online ASP and you'll be back to normal. You're welcome to keep reading and posting whenever the forum is up and running.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, since a lot more of you read this topic than boring stuff like "server upgrades" ;) thought I'd drop in and tell you we'll be working on the server this weekend.


I think that's Bob's way of saying we need to push away from the keyboard while the forum is down and get some actual modeling done. :D
 
Ray, did your meeting have time to schedule a meeting to decide when to have another meeting? (Can you tell that I am a retired educator?) :D :D

I used to work for the M.E.D, Municipal Electricity Department, we called it the Meetings Every Day, boss was always upstairs..... at a meeting.

Ken.
 
Ray, did your meeting have time to schedule a meeting to decide when to have another meeting? (Can you tell that I am a retired educator?) :D :D

Yep! That took only about 20 minutes of the meeting, and we are still not exactly sure when it will be as several people had to check their calendars which they did not have with them...........:rolleyes: This meeting is often a long one as it is the first regular meeting after camp closes for the year. Unfortunately we have some major items to do that should be done sometime a month ago and the old, "we can't do item #1 until item #2 is done which can't be done until item #3 is finished which needs to have item #1 one done berfore it......... etc."
 
LOL:D guys and that all sure sounds familiar.
Yeah, when Bob gets through with the upgrades, we need to meet on here and further discuss meetings.:eek: :D

I just received the Walthers Consolidated Dairy kit (on sale@Walthers). Wow! It is a big one with 5 separate building kits. It comes with decals for 7 different type industries and I will use it on the new extension's industrial area. I will probably use it as a foundry.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hi all < Rex will have to check out that kit from walthers. Just got back from having a Stress Test at the Hospital today. Gotta go back Monday for second half of it. The Doctor said if everything is ok just keep my visit next month .If not they will call. So hope there is no call. More weekend pinting outsude but will be adding a module to my railroad to addd some industry etc. also.Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Meetings those things are a pain glad I'm retired..
 
Sounds good Rex, I can't wait to see what you do with it!

As for today, I got offered to do overtime, but I turned it down, because I have to go get the wife from work soon (30 mins). Decided I need insoles in my work boots, my legs are KILLING me.

Packed most of the train stuff in the closet last night, for now. In bundeled the ME track, BOY that stuff is stiff! Hope to get some foam laying done tonight, so I can carve the edges, and create the basic scenery sunday (have the day off). Then I can start digging through all the trains in the closet Sunday afternoon, and start the search for a cab I can hack the windows from for my BNSF Dash 9 project I just started. Gonna start with BNSF #4099.

Anyone know of a cheep(er) source for Xuron rail cutters?
EDIT Never yee mind... I ordered a set from RRtrains right now for $8.50 (or so)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning

Potofcoffeepouring.gif


Happy MRRing
freight.gif
 
Morning everyone, evening Ken.

Ken, i'm still trying to bend the CFO's ear about moving to NZ, we just found out that there is to be a massive cut in hospitals in the north west:mad: which will have a severe impact on jobs, it's not yet common knowledge but our hospital's one to close:mad: . on top of this nurses have to pay £50 approx every year keep there membership as a nurse, if you don't pay your off the list and out of work, so guess what, the price has doubled:mad: . And just to add to the list of growing bills the local council are fitting RF tags to weigh bins so you get charged even more for rubbish removal:mad: . We don't have rates any more, it's called council tax (highway Robbery;) ) and is about 4 times as much as the old rates system,,,
Mmm, i gotta get the house valued:D
My friends wife in NZ is trying to persuade Nicky along with another friends wife who's also off to your side of the world in 3 weeks time,, LOL there will be nobody left soon except us:(

Got that little rant off my chest now:D ;) :D

Off to the beach for a bit of sea air now, see you later
 
Morning All: I guess that I haven't had alot to say lately. Anyway I'm doing all right.
Steve it sounds like the gov there is trying for a raise. With stuff like that going on I might look a NZ real close too.
I got to work very early. No reason just left the house when I had all the stuff done that nedded doing. When I got in I found a solinoid valve from somewhere and a note alisting a bunch of air leaks at the Gold River ride. Don't know where the valve came from or who left the note. I guess when I retire they will just do away with the animations since nobody else seems to be able to do anything with it.
No MRRing lately unless you count mind games. I still have to put the latest idea on paper and see if it will work.
Well it's time to check in. You all have a good one and I'll see you later.
 
Morning everyone, evening Ken.

Ken, i'm still trying to bend the CFO's ear about moving to NZ, we just found out that there is to be a massive cut in hospitals in the north west:mad: which will have a severe impact on jobs, it's not yet common knowledge but our hospital's one to close:mad: . on top of this nurses have to pay £50 approx every year keep there membership as a nurse, if you don't pay your off the list and out of work, so guess what, the price has doubled:mad: . And just to add to the list of growing bills the local council are fitting RF tags to weigh bins so you get charged even more for rubbish removal:mad: . We don't have rates any more, it's called council tax (highway Robbery;) ) and is about 4 times as much as the old rates system,,,
Mmm, i gotta get the house valued:D
My friends wife in NZ is trying to persuade Nicky along with another friends wife who's also off to your side of the world in 3 weeks time,, LOL there will be nobody left soon except us:(

Got that little rant off my chest now:D ;) :D

Off to the beach for a bit of sea air now, see you later



Good Morning All

Just a quick cuppa and off to work on Dad's place

Dad's condition is slowly improving but guarded as he was again in dire straits two days ago with pneumonia, which required the Doctor to drain a litre (quart) of fluid from the lung. By the time this is all through I may have earned a medical degree!

Steve: Just to let you know Canada and the US has a Nursing shortage at present and from what I understand most of the nurses here a close to retirement so the shortage will continue for some time.

Later All
Fergie
 
Mornin' Bill! Just leave that breakfast right there where I am going to sit.

Mornin' Luc!

Fergie, hang in there. The roller coaster ride with these things can get pretty rough. How's your wife's arms mending? I hope she is having less pain. May peace be with you.
 
Morning All . i really feel for you Steve , Governments can be a pain. Fergie Hope your dad gets to feeling better ,Paul no one can do the job except your self .Shows how much your needed . Sunshiny day in the great Norteast so I'm gonna enjoy some outdoors have a nice day all
 


Good Morning all! My, what a beautiful day here in Bama country. We got another game in T-town with Duke University, but its not until 6:30PM. Maybe we can win this one:confused: . Meantime, looks like I will be enjoying the sunshine by cleaning out the lower garage. Lot of mess collected over the summer.

Steve: You and your wife should find good employment no matter where you go.;)

Fergie: Glad your Dad is doing better. Is Lisa's arms getting back to normal?

Paul W: That's called job security.:rolleyes: :D

Now, to sit down with Ray and Getty for some of Bill's breakfast (but, where is the sausage gravy?) :) Ya'll have a good'un!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top