Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Ken If i have to stay here i'm going to enjoy myself,,, i'm ordering a BLI C30-7 in Burlington Northern green just as soon as the guy who bought all my ebay stuff pays up, hopefully today. i put two amtrak loco's and five superliners on and he bought the lot:D :D
 
Steve B said:
Ken If i have to stay here i'm going to enjoy myself,,, i'm ordering a BLI C30-7 in Burlington Northern green just as soon as the guy who bought all my ebay stuff pays up, hopefully today. i put two amtrak loco's and five superliners on and he bought the lot:D :D

Nice going Steve, they have a great horn sound:D keep working on the Mrs I'm sure she'll see the light.

Ken.
 
Steve B said:
Fergie has your dad come home yet

Finally! I don't know if my nerves could have taken much more as he should have been out a week ago but got held up in the system and subsequently came down withr two infections. When I saw him yesterday I though I was going to be making arrangements to bury him. Not fun:(

Fergie

I go in tomorrow to ge my BP checked. this should be fun:mad: Not!

I'll go for a 11 Km bike ride before I go in:eek:
 


I'm Back!. Anybody miss me?

Arrived back in Geneva late last night and slept late this morning. 24 hours of driving in a 3 day trip. Luckily I just got to ride and my son did all the driving. He got a car full of tools and a half built air boat from his uncle. He is very excited about finishing the boat.

Here it is ready for the trip home:

ReadyToRoll2w.png


My sister's house was originaly a small "Mom and Pop' storefront. They have made it into a boarding house for foriegn High School/College students. They have mostly Middle Eastern and Asian Students that live with them. She is also into gardening and has a yard that even Fergie would be proud of....

Yard5w.png


There is a major RR trunk line about 400 feet from my sister's house so I heard trains going by all night. Didn't get time to get down to the tracks for photos, but I did this one crossing a bridge in South Bend:

SeenWhileLeavingw.png


My cats were very glad to see me when I got back home. Manet, doesn't want me to leave again.... He won't even let me unpack. :D

I_MissedYouw.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww, nice cat!

I got this randomw idea last night, and have been thinking about it ever since. Remember that fully automaited Digitrax layout? Well following in that concept, I'm thinking I'll wire in the computer to the layout... But upon watching that new Modern Marvels last night, I see BNSF is implementing a nationwide ATC system, and I'd like it to follow that idea. The Computer will monitor the location of the DCC decoder on the layout, and if the Engineer fails to slow, or follow a signal, the computer will stop him/her. The coputer would also allow for the dispatcher to tell the loction at all times.
 


Mornin' Luc! Mornin' Bill!

Fergie, I hope your dad is recovering. Sorry to hear he is still having problems. Hope your BP is in the normal range. I have had borderline high readings all my adult life. The last few years of teaching it went sky high (210/105). I now take two little pills every morning and it stays around 125/75. Stress can really do a number on blood pressure. Good luck!

My son rented a storage unit yesterday, so I will be helping him move the boat and some other stuff into it today.
 
Ray Hey Ray, Who let the cat out of the bag:D

Well X ray's were clear today just got the MRI scan on sunday

My new Atlas gold series MP15DC came today:D , what a great little engine, now i just have to wait for the C30-7, i got it off Ebay Ken
 
Paul W. BeverungRex: The mine heads with winch house look european but that can be hidden pretty easy. The boiler house is pretty good as is but could be changed some.

Thanks Paul. I kind of figured that, but glad to hear you can modify to them to go along with a North American type layout. I am in deep thought about rather to go with a deep mine or a strip pit operation. The deep mine would be easier and take-up less space, but my Dad retired from strip mining and I have a lot of memories of the operations. I am still :confused: thunking about it, but need to make up my mind soon.

Fergie: I am sorry your Dad is not well. I know you are in constant worry. If you have to take anything for you BP, ask your Doc about Lotensin. That is what I have to take and other than slight dizzyness sometimes when I get up to quick, there are no bad side affects...if you know what I mean;) :D .

Ray: Glad you made it back safely. Who are you trying to fool? We know you took Manet with you.:D

Josh: Railroad & Company software that I plan to use, will do exactly that and then some. http://www.freiwald.com/

Steve: Man, you are building up a great stable of locos. I'm so jealous that I may ask NZKen for a loan.:eek: Glad the Xrays were good.;)

Getty: Careful on the ladders and don't forget the asprin.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Steve B Sounds good, can't wait to see that new C30-7!

Rex Thanks for the link, I'll look through the products they have.
Whew $366.46 (or so) for the system!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just been playing with my new toy,,,WOW is just about all i can say, there is a function on it to turn on and off the engine in DC mode, you just place the magnetic wand over the hood and the engine shuts down with the air and lights going off in a set order, to ake it up you just place the wand over the hood again and she rumbles back to life,,, Brilliant, what a stress releiver
 
Hi Fergie, hope all is as well as can be expected with your dad! My thoughts are with you!

Luct, am to late for coffee, got a Molson X anywhere? LOL
David
 
Steve B said:
Just been playing with my new toy,,,WOW is just about all i can say, there is a function on it to turn on and off the engine in DC mode, you just place the magnetic wand over the hood and the engine shuts down with the air and lights going off in a set order, to ake it up you just place the wand over the hood again and she rumbles back to life,,, Brilliant, what a stress releiver

I forgot you have DC, still alot of fun, does the cab door open and shut as the engineer gets out at the end of the shut down? Very cool stuff I love my QSI's.


Hope the MRI is ok, I've been there recently it's not good for the BP!!

Ken.
 


Hi crew,

It's a sleepy Friday here so I think I'll head home early [after this post]. It's my youngest daughter Stephanie's birthday [8] and I need to help her mother get the house ready for the party, not much MRR in the forecast this weekend.

Fergie - I'll add my prayers to everyone else's for your Dad's recovery. Hope the BP reading was OK, mine is kept under control with Diovan, NorVasc and another generic that I can't remember the name of.

Steve, I see you're having fun with your latest toy, gotta find a way to raise some $$ and get me one. I have a bunch of old Stewart F's that I may be able to sell, only problem is I have no feedback history as a seller on ebay so nobody would want to do business with me LOL.

David - Did you ever have a table setup at the Great Scale Model Train Show in Timonium, MD? I remember visiting a table with a different kind of scale 'water' on display, can't remember if it was Magic Water though...

Texas Paul - did you ever get the PM I sent you with my mailing address?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top