Coffee shop part 2

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone,,,
just got back from a trip to a country fair with the boy's, we had fun watching punch and judy shows, eating ice cream, tasting all kinds of other food on offer including about two dozen cheese's, i'll be having mad dreams all night after all that. We saw a display by various birds of prey including hawks, eagles, owl's and vultures, the funniest part was when a hawk landed on this guy's head and sunk it's claws in,,,laugh, i almost died laughing, it was a good jod it was not the vulture with the 8ft wingspan.
 
Good morning ! from Indiana.:D

Diner.png


coffeepot_cups.png


:eek:
 
Hi all,

Been way too busy lately to find enough time to post here. Couldn't even find anything worthwhile to submit to WeekEndPhotoPhun. I'm racing the calendar to at least make the 'scenery' part of my layout photogenic for the July presentation - unfortunately I will NOT be able to hide the fact that my locos are not decoder-equipped yet (can't park them with their headlights on), so it will still look like a stone-age layout, oh well...

Steve - That's a riot about the hawk landing on that guy, it didn't by any chance also leave something on him did it? :D
 


Mornin" Bill!

We had a falconer come to our 6th. grade "Outdoor Education" week a few years back. He had a Great Horned Owl come right over one of our science teachers who was sitting in a chair right in the flight path and land on his gloved hand. The owl missed the guys head by maybe an inch. Didn't leave anything on his head...... but the teacher did have to go inside and change his pants! Awesome program!

Well, the MLK Scholarship Dinner is tonight. I sure hope I haven't left someone's name of the dinner list... hope there is enough food for everyone...... Hope I will be able to sleep tonight!!!!! I have spent at least 100 hours on this in the last 2 weeks. Tomorrow I have to set up miking for the High School Chorus Concert next week. May even find some time to see if my trains are still in the basement...!

Have a great day!
 
Hi folks!! I just stumbled in and the place looks great! :p
I'll take a nice coffee with some of them donuts please.....
 
Hi all!
Just a quicky to say hi and that I am still around...just been busy with outdoorsy stuff. Did get a good break today with CJcrescent coming over for an operating session. We some how managed to dodge each other on the rails and had a wonderful time. My new extension's track design/installation worked out good for point-to-point operations with lots of switching opportunities.
C.U.L.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Its over! Yeah! Came off without a hitch. The Scholarship Dinner was a success. Packed house. The college faculty dining room where we hold the dinner seats a max of 120 people. 119 people attended the dinner. Two of the students receiving scholarships are the daughters of former students of mine. Man do I feel old........... I got to present 2 educators award to fellow teachers and in the process even got to pick on the Supt. of Schools (I never miss a chance to pick on administrators... :D ). Now that this is over I can get back to my trains once in while.

Have a great day everyone!
 


Hi gang,

I'm just stickin' my head in to let everyone know that, like Rex, I too haven't dropped of the edge of the planet. Been practically living in my garage trying to make the Iron Belt photogenical for the slide show, leaving very little time to hangout online.

WELCOME to the Shop, "97"! I thought I'd seen you in here long ago, mustv'e been mistaken...

Ray, glad the Awards Dinner thing went OK and that you can now get back to the S.L.O.W. life!

Steve - I guess you opted NOT to go for those mill cars on eBay after all, eh?

Rex - Glad to see that new extension is up and running. Maybe when I win the Lottery I'll build an addition onto my house and expand my 1:87 empire too...
 
Evening all,
how ya'll doing
I had a bid but lost out on the cars Ken, there is still the suspension bridge to go at.
Ray glad you had a great time at the dinner.
 
Hi all! I got time for a cup and a stale donut before sitting down with the CFO for an evening of TV. After spending most of the day doing some of those small layout tasks that we always put aside, I finally got the, "It's time to quit!" look:eek:.

KenL: Hope you will share your presentation with us after Philly!

Ray: Glad all went well for your dinner. You certainly worked hard for it. (I know some postsecondary administrators that I would like to do more than just pick on.);) :D
 
WOHO Railfanning video today! I got a clip of an Unit coil car train, I'll dump it on my server tomnight or tomorrow, along with alot of other videos. I was in Goffs CA, where BNSF had 4 trains waiting on a westbound to pass, then an eastbound, then they started rolling. Lots of Clips, plus video from the SDMRRM too.
 
hello everyone, 'i'll take the donut at the front Bill,
just completed 1/3 of the skirting boards in the extension and painted them, now i can fit the toilet and sink downstairs.

were off to watch a steam fan trip tommorow with a 2-8-0 up front, should be fun.
 
Cjcrescent said:
Grande Man;

Have you given Ray his "present" yet?

Yep. He's stoked. I bet that baby is gonna get the full restoration.;)

A little background info. While CJ was cleaning out the basement for the new RR, he asked who wanted a proto crossing signal he had aquired. I spoke up and got it for Ray (cprman). He's going to restore it and put it in his train room. It's an old crossbuck, the kind that has historical appeal.
 
I had a full sized Cross Buck with the flashing lights mounted on a pole. I hooked up some 12 volts auto lights and a good friend helped me rig an alternating flasher system. Whenever I had a model RR event here at the house I would roll out the unit and set it on the front porch or in the yard according to the weather. I needed the space in my garage for more tools so I sold it this past winter. I miss the unit but do enjoy my wood lathe that is sitting in its sapce.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top