Coffee Shop Part 10

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Hi everyone,

It's been quite some time since I last visited this forum and I say I really missed it. Lately I've been having some commitments and also many things happened that stopped me from continuing on my MRR hobby and by so I also stopped visiting this forum. Hopefully I will be returning soon as I miss all the laughs and discussions we had and also miss working on my layout.

I hope that not so many things changed in here, so I would be able to integrate myself again quick :), I bet though that many layouts were dramatically improved though :)

I hope to be back again soon after I finish my course and exams.

C ya soon guys
 


Goooooooood Morning from Florida!

WEATHER:

8 AM 80 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.Some coastal showers.
2 PM 90 °F Partly Cloudy / Thunderstorms Scattered thunderstorms moving inland.
10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Storms ending, then partly cloudy.

60% rain chance late am coastline countys afternoon inland countys.


Local/National News:

Car crashes into church wall
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1



Personal Note:

Well the start of another work week! Got a long drive today and tomarrow as i go to the park on the other side of the county:mad: on a happy note the rain starts early on the coastline then moves inland:) thats good!
I hope all you guys have a great day!:D :D
 
06-16-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 
Good Morning ! Chris & Bill Hey Maxi good to see ya . Well it's the calm after the violent storms came thru last night. Look out NCY there heading your way . I'm heading to Erie . P.A. to check out their Casino with a friend. Got five bucks to spend don't know how I'll do. Lol. Oh well they will go broke if their depending on me. I'm just going along for the ride. He's the big spender.Gotta go so I hope your day is as good as it gets !!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning folks

It was 71 F this morning. I can’t tell what the humidity is doing. One moment it feels nice and the next it feels sticky. High today will be 86 F with a chance of heavy rain.

We had a busy weekend. We had to do the grocery shopping. We also did some odd jobs around the house. We prepared for our vacation by sorting and packing things. Yesterday we spent a quiet Father’s Day. Our Internet and cable TV has been out at home since yesterday morning. Apparently someone cut a fiber-optic cable.

No modeling this weekend.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning.

It's 71 and clear. A high in the upper 90's is expected as well as partly cloudy skies.

Not much happening today, just taking it easy after a busy weekend.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/16/2008


Heat Index: 70°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SSE

Today High: 98 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy. Lows around 70. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Mornin Everyone!

Maxi good to see again! I was beginning to think Malta sunkinto the Mediterranean........... Hope your course and its exams go well.

Currently 75°F here in the Finger Lakes wth a high of 74°F. Yep, that what Weather.com says.......... Right now it is a very nice sunny day. Of course today I get to mix down the recording I did last week so I will be stuck inside most of the day. My sons took me out for brunch yesterday to celebrate Father's Day to a German Restaurant just North of Penn Yan, NY. Excellent meal and great conversation. I only see my son from Chicago once or twice a year so it was a good chance to catch up on what's going on in his life. He is currently the Interim Director of Communications at Argonne Labs so he snuck home for the weekend to come to the Birthday Party for my Granddaughter. He had to fly back home yesterday to be at work today.

Have a great day!
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Hi Maxi, good to see you back again. I know how it can go with school nad trying to have any other interests. Hope you exams go well.

Paul, I was watching your storms on radar last night and they looked pretty intense. I assume your property came through OK. They have a casino in Erie now? Man, it seems like there are casinos everywhere. Remember when you had to go to Reno or Vegas to gamble? I hope your 5 bucks grows but I'm not holding my breath. :)

Chris, sounds like you're feeling better. Too bad about no rain yestrday but maybe today will to the trick. It must be really tough working ourside in that heat and humidity with no clouds or showers. I've seen sea urchin invasions when I was diving in the Pacific off California. They can mow down entire kelp forests in a week. The, just as fast, they seem to all die off. I don't know what the deal is with that.

Tom, your cable sounds as good as ours. If I'm lucky, Charter states up for few hours before it starts going up and down every few minutes. I've had every wire in the house replaced and they still calim there's something wrong on my end. Dopes :mad:

Ray, I only get to see my son once or twice a year too so I know what you mean. I'd sure like to go to a good German restaurant again though. Not many of them in Alabama.

Jeffrey, looks like you're heating up like we are again. It's already 93 degrees hear. We have a theoretical chance for some thundershowers later today but I doubt we'll get anything out of it. We've had rain for the past three days though so we are in pretty good shape for a while.
 


Hi everyone and glad to hear from you Max. Nothing has changed here on the forum except we are just getting older and better:D .

Tom, we lost Comcast cable (TV and Internet) for the entire area last night. They blamed ATT (natch!).

Jim, did you have any power loss last night? Alabama Power blew a huge breaker on a 230,000 volt line at the Gorgas Power plant. It didn't last but less than a minute while the grid switched over. Thinking about it, you are probably on the Demopolis plant.

Ray, sounds like you had a wonderful yesterday.

Steve, I would expect a modelrailroader like yourself could easily make their tank look as good as the picture. At least you don't need tweezers and a magnifying glass for everything. ;) :D

Paul, hope you break the casino with your fiver:D .

Chris, may the grass grow green and tall.

Jeffrey, taking it easy is the way. I just do that too much:D :D .
 
Afternoon/Evening from florida!

Just got back from work to find a baby possum made a home out of a five gallon bucket outside my front door how i missed that when i left this morning i don't know:confused: well at least he made it easy to that him back to the woods! dang those things stink!:eek: Got some Rain inland at the park i was at around 2pm. Nothing yet at my house:( got until 6pm for something to show up!

Rex, that darn grass had better grow dang it!


Jim, I guess the urchin thing is one of Gods little wonders neat though to think about! I'm so use to working outside that it really doesn't bother me that much:) Now put me inside behind a desk...........I may loose it and kill someone!LOL's:eek: :D ;) :rolleyes:
 
fun News!

Here's some fun news for a change!

Pasco deputies corral seven-foot gator
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
One day that deputy will mess with the wrong gator!


Leona Helmsley's Dog Loses $10 Million
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.7.1
That Poor poor doggy:( a cut back in caviar kibble:eek:



Bird-Poop Facial New Trend In Skin Care
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.7.1
 
Rex, we had a power loss for about 30 seconds Saturday evening about 5:00 pm. We were out thins morning from about 8:30 to 10:30 am. It sure seemd like a typical breaker failure to me. I haven't heard the cause of that one - no lightning or wind in the area at all. I'm not sure what is the main plant feeding our area. Seems like it would be one of the hydro facilities on the Coosa River. Alabama Power - "Always ON, except when it's OFF. :)

Chris, I hate possums. We had one fall over dead in our back yard for no apparent reason. He was probably out there for 10 hours or so bloating up in the sun when I got home. Talk about nauseating. :eek: I swear, possums are the only animals that don't even have cute babies.

Never got any rain here either but it did make it up to 97 degrees. I don't get the whole alligator thing down in Florida. They're not on endangerd list, right? It was walking around in a residental neighborhood. The cop got close enough to jump on it and "tire it out"? Then he throws it into the back of his patrol cart and carts it around? Why didn't he just shoot it? If you can get close enough to jump on him, you can get close enough to put a couple of 9mm or 40 cal rounds in his head. Seems like you get rid of a problem alligator and don't put yourself in danger at that same time. OTOH, sounds like this deputy was a good ol' boy who likes to wrestle alligators, even though he's never had any training. I wonder what the county risk manager would think about that?
 
Gooooooood Morning From Florida

WEATHER:
8 AM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy. Coastal showers developing.
2PM 89 °F Partly Cloudy / Thunderstorms Scattered thunderstorms moving inland.
10 PM 78 °F Partly Cloudy Storms ending, then partly cloudy.
Rain Chances 50%

LOCAL NEWS:
Nothing fun to put out:(

Personal Note:
Rex, we had a power loss for about 30 seconds Saturday evening about 5:00 pm. We were out thins morning from about 8:30 to 10:30 am. It sure seemd like a typical breaker failure to me. I haven't heard the cause of that one - no lightning or wind in the area at all. I'm not sure what is the main plant feeding our area. Seems like it would be one of the hydro facilities on the Coosa River. Alabama Power - "Always ON, except when it's OFF. :)

Chris, I hate possums. We had one fall over dead in our back yard for no apparent reason. He was probably out there for 10 hours or so bloating up in the sun when I got home. Talk about nauseating. :eek: I swear, possums are the only animals that don't even have cute babies.

Never got any rain here either but it did make it up to 97 degrees. I don't get the whole alligator thing down in Florida. They're not on endangerd list, right? It was walking around in a residental neighborhood. The cop got close enough to jump on it and "tire it out"? Then he throws it into the back of his patrol cart and carts it around? Why didn't he just shoot it? If you can get close enough to jump on him, you can get close enough to put a couple of 9mm or 40 cal rounds in his head. Seems like you get rid of a problem alligator and don't put yourself in danger at that same time. OTOH, sounds like this deputy was a good ol' boy who likes to wrestle alligators, even though he's never had any training. I wonder what the county risk manager would think about that?


Jim,
I work for the very same county! Hard to say how our risk manager/Safty Commity(Kangaroo Court) would handle it! She's a hard person to predict! I say wait for the (LICENCED TRAPER) to handle the gator! Cop/Gator thing fell into, "Ain't My Job!" catagory! Gators are still protected by law and you need to be licenced by the state to mess with them! I hope he gets in trouble, my career sevice manual stricktly states to not mess with animals! and in the case of the gator I believe it is in the manual to leave them alone. The cop can and could see trouble on may fronts with this but I doubt it though! now If that were me I would be put before the safty commity fighting to save my job! I don't touch wild life thats what animal control is for! My job is to keep people from messing with the animal UNTIL A ANIMAL CONTROL OFFICER IS ON SITE!

BTW: Jim, EXAMPLE: If a gator was swiming in your pool and you drained him with a 9mm and you get caught it's heavy fine or Jail time! Check with your state the law should be the same, the Gator is a Nationaly Protected Animal! isn't that just great!

Have a good and safe day everybody, and if you see a Gator under your car! Don't call the cops call ANIMAL CONTROL or a LICENCED TRAPPER!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 71 and partly cloudy in the Sportsman's Paradise. We're expecting a high in the mid 90's and a small chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Not much going on here today. I have a doctors appointment later (feet) to see what progress is being made. I may be able to get some work done on the layout today if I'm not too tired. All these antibiotics and other meds I'm on take a toll.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/16/2008


Heat Index: 76°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 71°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NW

Today High: 95 Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.
 
Good morning folks

It was 67 F as I headed out this morning. High today will be 79 F.

I have a half day today and then I am officially on vacation for a week. Once I get home this afternoon we will pack up the car and get ready. We hope to be on the road by 3 AM. According to the Tom Tom it will be about a nine hour drive to Bangor. We will be doing a whale and puffin watching tour, a backwoods moose tour, and climbing Mt Washington. We plan on riding at least one tourist railroad.

The one thing up in the air for tonight is my daughter got asked to play on a summer basketball team. Their first game is tonight. With vacation she will miss the next one and possibly the third game. We are trying to figure out if we can make the game tonight.

I don’t think I will have Internet access so I will see everyone in a week. We will be back home late Tuesday night.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mornin' everyone!

Already been up for 3 hours and am ready to take a nap. Had an eight twenty appointment with the ENT Dr. to roto-root my ears this morning. I get fungus infections in my right ear due to hearing aids and sweating a lot...... Feels a lot better when she is finished cleaning them, but not the most pleasant thing when the ear is sore.

Looks like a decent day here in the Finger Lakes. 59°F at the moment with a high of 64° with the sun shining. May get some showers later in the day. The air conditioners are off for the next couple of days. My kind of weather!

I have to get to work on a mix for the recording I did last week. Should have started it yesterday, but there was a few other priority items that had to get done first so I best get going.

Have a great day!
 


Gators have been around a lot longer than we have, it saddens me when people move into there territory and say they have to be moved out, anyway enough of that.
got selected to live in NZ!!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top