Coffee Shop Part 10

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Chris, I've been thinking:eek: : You may end up short of gators this fall; Alabama football players love gator meat.:D :D
ROLL TIDE!
 
Ray Those cats are very clever, VERY clever,,, look at Toms for instance,

Crocs They do a lot of traveling, they move hundreds of miles looking for a new home, gotta go to the food,

Josh Your onto a winner there mate, go for it.

Later
 


Whole crud knockers... I was checking what my pay would be, when I get the job, for tax reasons (might have to deduct more to not have to pay in, ect...)

Not to brag, but, just a general note, I'll be seeing about a $30k a year raise, with the OT pay, ect. That would put (hypothetically, if it were a whole year at that pay), our household income $3k shy of $100k. We'd owe $12k in taxes.

Right now, They've got about $4k from me, maybe $2k from my wife, so we'll be very close, to possibly have to pay in this year!
 
06-19-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 
Good Morning from Florida!

WEATHER:
8 AM 75 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered rain and storms.
2 PM 90 °F Partly Cloudy Scattered storms moving inland.
10 PM 79 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.

40% rain chance to day!:)
Early this morning the radar is loaded! coastline gets AM showers then they follow me to work:) Cool first half of my work day will be easy! ABOUT TIME!:eek: :D

Local News:
Lawnmower store blaze challenges firefighters
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
I should head down there might have a smoke damage sale!;)


Personal Note:
Finaly some more rain, the radar shows showers right off shore! should be nice. that will make for a easy day at work! well got to finish my coffee and get ready for work......Have a great day everyone!:)

Rex,
Good gator pun! LoL's Gators get beat by alabama, sure that may happen;) :rolleyes: LOL's

Steve no petting the big lizards while you live in NZ! and no matter how bad your wife wants a croc skin purse, she wants it she can kill and skin it! LOL's
 
Good morning.

It's 71 degrees and mostly cloudy. A high in the lower 90's is expected with a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/19/2008

Wind Chill: 69°F
Humidity: 88%
Dew Point: 65°F

So Far Today
High: 73°F
Low: 69°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph E

Today High: 92 Partly sunny. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 72 Mostly cloudy. A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the lower 70s. Light and variable winds.
 
Mornin' everyone!

Josh looks like you might get to spend more on trains........ Cool! Hope it works out well for you.

For the moment it is bright and sunny here in the Finger Lakes. Clouds and some passing showers for this afternoon and evening. High only in the mid 60s so another great day around here.

Still have tons of work to get done today before I head out to the Rochester and Genesee Valley RR museum tonight for a NRHS meeting. So I best get going!

Have a good day all!
 
Good Morning ALl ! Another beautiful day here on the Niagara Frontier , if you like it on the cool side with a bit of rain thrown in .Heading to our city market to pick up a few things so not much time . Josh sounds like a nice career move you got there . Steve around here we had some idiot let a gator loose in one of our parks a few years back and they had a heck of a time catching it. They finally caught it and sent it down to a gator farm in Florida . These idiots bring them home when their young and cute and when they get big the don't know what to do with them so they just let them go . well got to get going so here's hoping you have a nice day !!!!
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Josh, sounds like you've got the job pretty much locked in. Three 12's with two off is a tough schedule but you're young so you can do it. I worked an insane amount of overtime when I was your age. Don't worry about the taxes. Just take the difference and sock it away and earn some interest. You shouldn't owe a penalty the first year your income goes up, so why let the IRS have your money any sooner they thay have to?

Ray, too bad about the rain but that was one of the things I hated about Cleveland in the summer. You never knew when it was going to rain but it always came at the worst times. I had my MGB when I lived there and I think the record for leaving the top down was something like four days. I'm glad Shelia's back on her eating schedule.

Chris, hope you get some of that rain - no chance for us up here. You're right, one of the problems is gator overpopulation, which sends them overland to look for new digs. The ones we've had walking down Main Street just act like they're out for an evening stroll. They seem to have very little fear, I guess because they aren't used to being preyed on.

Rex, we'll see how well the Tide does chewing on that gator meat this year. :) For some unknown reason, Troy plays the Buckeyes this year. That should be quite a mismatch but I'm going to get tickets for sure.

Bill, nice cars outside that diner. I'm going to grab that 'Vette on the left before I leave. :D

Paul, it's illegal to sell crocs, gators, or caimans in California for just the reasons you mentioned. If they get lose in any of California's lakes or rivers, it's going to be a big problem since the environment would be almost ideal for them. We had the occasional small gator that would show up in a farm pond but never had a breeding pair to my knowledge. Fish and Game didn't have a lot of sympathy for them. They are not protected in California and the few I saw were executed on the spot by the F&G officer.

Sunny and hot here in the heart of gator country with a high of 96 today. We have a faint hope of rain over the weekend but it's not looking too promising. I think it will be time to start dragging the hose around again soon. OTOH, the banana tree is happy as long as I keep it watered and fertilized and is growing like a weed.
 


Evening all!

Got home from work and the boy wanted to play catch so we went down to the street to throw the ball around.:) I walked over the water meter and heard running water, the meter broke:eek: ! called the county and they came right out to fix it:D !

Jim, Got some rain out at the park again 1/4"!:eek: came home not a drop!:mad: Your lucky you can water your lawn, we only get one day a week and mine is wednesday! So i got to wait 6 days before i can water!
Those Gator are slick, I believe they know what they are doing;) :D ! We got so many Pest Animals running around it ain't funny! I also believe that the more houses and urban centers that go up the more these animals thrive and over populate. Man's populating the wild areas ain't hurting them it's making them stronger! it's Easier for animals to find food(Your trash does just fine and pet food and water left out for fluffy during the day), and places to build nice nest(under the foundation under your house). I remember the coyote and bears in san dimas and upland!It's getting like that down here too! the coyote's are here too:eek:

Steve, I'm going to try to get you a pic of the working tank display in my park:) ! speaking of which your RC tank will have it own shipping charge to nz due to it's weight!:D
 
good morning florida!

Weather:
8 AM 79 °F Partly Cloudy A much quieter start.
2 PM 90 °F Partly Cloudy Very isolated storms, mainly inland.
10 PM 79 °F Partly Cloudy Mostly clear.
20% chance of rain today!


Local News:
LOL's:D another Gator Story!
Gator attacks dog
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1
JMO, the fault of the dog owner! A leash and not walking your dog near the water would have prevented this accedent!JMO

Truckers can be fined for sitting idle
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
JMO, Now this is going overboard, We're slowly losing our personal freedoms in the name of enviroment people!


Personal Note:
The above story has got my blood a boiling:mad: :mad: :mad: ! Can't smoke where you want, can't drive large cars in fear of some left winger yelling at you(I gots a story with that one!), can't do this or that with out permit......cause you might hurt a animal or the air:confused: our personal freedoms are slowly disapearing........before you know it they'll ban Farting!:eek: :mad: O.K. I feel better to get that rant out!

I hope for rain, we need it! Gator One-------Dog Zero! LOL's we should start to see some more shark attacks soon too, summer millions of people in the water! "Buffet Open!":rolleyes: :D
 
Good morning everyone.

Finally starting to calm down here a bit after the floods so I went out and took a few pictures. The trestle bridge usually sits about 15' or so above the water and during the flood it was almost over the tracks. They had set 8 cars on it full of dirt to help hold it all in place, it worked. You can see a picnic table wedged onto the bottom of the bridge here.

The staging tracks at the utility company were all under water but the current was controlled in that part of town so the tracks went undamaged, just a bit rusty.

The tracks across the river next to the grain bins did not go so well as you can see by the "floating track" system that is left here.

And then some good news, this is week 11 that I cannot get to my driveway due to the road being rebuilt and they finally put down some asphalt yesterday. We are being told that we will get back to "normal" on Wednesday of next week.
 
Good morning.

It's 72 and cloudy, what else is new. The high should be in the low 90's and there's a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Welcome to the first day of summer. That's right, it's today. It's also the birthday of a friend of mine. I'll be going around to see him today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 6/20/2008


Heat Index: 77°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 70°F

So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 72°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate : 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NNE

Today High: 92 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 70 Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows around 70. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 50 percent.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q186/forum-1/P1010009-18.jpg
 
Good Morning ALL ! Looks like spring is going out wet and cool. Not suppose to warm up till later in the day and only up to 73 .Can you imagine only 73 , in December I'll be wishing fot that temp. lol .Oh well enjoy it when you can. Well here's to summer and hoping everone is enojing this day !!!!!!
 
Mornin' everyone!

Good Morning ALL ! Looks like spring is going out wet and cool. Not suppose to warm up till later in the day and only up to 73 .Can you imagine only 73 , in December I'll be wishing fot that temp. lol .Oh well enjoy it when you can. Well here's to summer and hoping everone is enojing this day !!!!!!

I'll second that, Paul. Another day I can open the windows and leave the air conditioner off.

Went to the museum last night. The meeting took about 10 minutes, and then we rode up and down the demo tracks several times. The museum has a group of Budd passenger cars, originally NYC I believe, that are being restored, so we rode in style..... These cars were put in service on December 7, 1941. I also went up and sat in the cab of US Army 1843 that was being used for power. I can tell you that she's a noisy old girl....

RochGeneseeMus07w.png


Photo was taken last fall at Diesel Days. That is MMR Harold Russell handing up the Train Orders BTW.

Have a great day!
 
Afternoon, everyone,

Josh, I hope the physical goes well. Do they make you do agility testing also? I had to do 25 push ups in 30 seconds and run 1.5 miles in 12 minutes as well as climb a bunch of walls and fences. No sweat when I was 22 but don't ask me to do it again now. :)

Carl, we've got coyotes here too, which I was surprised at. I always thought of them as western animals but I guess they've extended their range too. They can really start howling around hear at night when something gets them riled up. The coyotes in California were getting to be a real problem. There were lots of drop kick dogs and cats being dragged off and everyone wanted "something" done. There was an active poisoning going on for a while bu then the coyote lovers got all upset. You just can't win sometimes.

Carl, well, at least it looks like your street just needs the top coat to be done. These things never finish on time. You can really see the flood damage on the grain mill track but I suspect the tracks in the other picture, although they look good one the surface, will still have to be pulled and relaid. The water proabably got under the roadbed and scoured out a lot of material, even without much current. If they don't relay the tracks, they'll find out where the weak spots are when a hopper overturns a rail. I wonder how long that picnic table will stay hanging from the bottom of that bridge? :)

Jeffrey, how did the doctor visit go? It's going to be hot one here today too although we are getting some high clouds so I hope that's a good sign for rain. Happy birthday to your friend also.

Paul, 73 is usually somewhere near our low. It actually went down to 63 last night, which set a record for the lowest minimum for the date. Went to watch our church's women's softball team lose the championship, darn it, but I was actually a little cool by 9:00 pm.

Ray, sounds like a good time was had by all. Do you have Budd stainless steel or smoothsides there? Those old Baldwins normally do sound like a bunch of tin cans full of rocks when they're running. Looks like someone managed to to a pretty good sideswipe on the cab of the old girl.

Nothing exciting happening here. I hope to get down to the layout tomorrow to put in a few hours of solid work. I've got a set of working traffic lights that I've had for about two months. Maybe I'll finally get them installed and working tomorrow.
 


Carl bet you'll be glad to see hard surfacing again ;)
Chris I have gotten to know a guy from the UK who is also going to NZ,,, and only 25 miles from were we are going to live. He's got 1/4 and 1/6 th scale,,, they ARE going to be hard to pack at well over 200 lbs each.

Did some pruning today and during a break under the said tree a hawk flew in, didn't see me and landed six feet away looking for it's next meal of pigeon, it sat there for about a couple of mins, amazing.
And first thing this morning a Magpie thought a bottle of childrens bubbles (the kind they blow) was a bottle of water, it dived straight in for a drink,,, you should have seen it sneezing and wiping it's beak on every branch in the tree,,, what a laugh that was.

Rex like the plan for the yard Rex
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top