Afternoon, everyone.
Jeffrey, I wish people would send me things in the mail I didn't expect other than bills.

I'm glad to hear your wound is still healing.
Larry, you must love that tractor to give it a wax job. The problems you're having with the tractor is one of the reasons I pay a lawn service. I've only got a little less than an acre but the lot is mostly sloping and I can just see myself flipping over a tractor and killing myself. It costs $20 a week and I figure I'd spend that on medical bills and tractor repairs, not even figuring in the heatstroke issue down here.
Ray, sounds like the weather is finally turning nice. We had an Explorer post that was part of our sheriff's department search and rescue team. Talk about paperwork! It got really bad when all the sexual harassment rules came out and we were theoretically not allowed to have a female Explorer assigned to a team with adult males unless we had a female adviser on the team as well. With a grand total of one female adviser, that was just not possible on a search. Our District Executive helped us get waiver from the BSA so a good DE can really help get past the BSA bureaucracy. When I retired, the whole discrimination thing because of the BSA policy about believing in God was starting to boil over, since the county was the Post sponsor. I'm glad I got out before I had to get involved in that fight. I swear, there are some people out there that just want to destroy a great organization for their own political agenda with no thought as to the damage it does to the kids involved.
Tom, I hope you get some help from your higher-ups working with these recalcitrant adults.
Carl, I'm sure the farmers will be happy to see the rain even if the road construction crews won't. You must be getting in pretty good shape if you're doing 3 hour bike rides. A half-hour for me and I'm about to pass out.
Steve, we have an increasing number of morons over here installing big air horns in their cars and going around scaring people. I don't know if this guy is one of that crowd. In California, it's illegal to have an air horn installed in a passenger car with more than two trumpets. Pulled over a guy one night that we had noise complaints on and he had a Nathan 5 chime shoehorned under the hood of a Honda Civic with a huge air compressor and tank in the trunk. It was a pretty ingenious installation and I'm sure not cheap but we wrote him a ticket and he had to rip it all out and bring it down for inspection or lose his driver's license. I told him if hadn't been blowing the horn at old ladies he would have been fine since I'm a railfan but scaring the heck out people for fun went over the line.
A fine day here with clear skies and a temperature of 80 degrees. No rain in our forecast until late Friday when we have another chance of severe weather. The squall lines should be coming through about 2 am Saturday, which will limit their severe potential and give us some more needed rain. My lawn is actually green for the first time since I moved in two years ago.