Afternoon, Everyone.
Been busy again with unimportant things like getting my income tax done.

By the time I'm done paying to the Feds and the State, that will take a bite out of my RR budget for 2008. I don't understand how taxes were supposed to go down when I pay more every year on about the same income. I get the feeling they change a few exemption laws every year and you still pay more even though the tax rate is the same.
Phillip, sounds like your son hit a double jackpot. Between those thoughtful model railroaders and his teammates, he must be feeling pretty good even if he still looks like he was hit by a truck. If only all of us could feel that kind of happiness.
Tom, some kids seem to be natural born thieves. Some grow out of it and some don't but I think Jeffrey's suggestion about letting this kid know that the games disappeared and that no questions will be asked is a good one. Letting the parents know your suspicions is also a good plan since they may be unaware of his "issues". I really wouldn't get the police involved. You have no real evidence except what you suspect and there's no state I know of that allows a nine year old to be charged with a crime even if you caught him red-handed. I hope it all works out.
Rex, I should have you come down here and help me rip apart some of my layout since you seem to be the master of destruction.

My yard is really irritating since it's stub end with no run-around track and I desperately need another passing siding. There's room to make the changes but it involves ripping out a lot of scenery and I haven't had the heart to to do it. Maybe I need someone with no emotional investment and a claw hammer to do the job.
How were the storms yesterday in your neck of the woods? Everything went north of us intil about 10:00 pm when we finally got a small squall line pass through. Nothing severe but it had the most continuous lightning and thunder I've ever seen. There was literally a lightning strike per second - it almost looked like strobe light show. Blew through in about 20 minutes and we got .31 inches of rain. That was it for us down here.
Tom, I hope that Yellowstone still runs good for you. Some of those open frame motors were actually pretty good assuming the brushes and windings are still in good shape. Sounds like you must be getting a good dome of high pressure setting up to get up to 85. I can remember some awfully hot spring and fall days when the seabreze got cut off in Petaluma.
Ray, I'm looking forward to seeing that silo. It should bring back some childhood memories.
The leftover clouds are starting to clear and it's 66 degrees. There's a frost warning out for Monday morning but I doubt it's going to get below freezing here. At least I hope it won't since my banana tree is starting put out new leaves after surviving the winter.
