Coffee Shop Part 10

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


04-21-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
Buffet.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

Menu3.png
waitress3.png
 
Good Morning Bill ! And another nice day here in Buffalo. Hope everyone else has a good day also. Coffee and it's out the door !!!!
 
Good morning folks

It was 51 F as I rolled down the driveway this morning. High today is supposed to be 64 F with a chance of sprinkles.

This was a busy weekend. My wife and daughter went to the Daughters of the American Revolution luncheon where my daughter received an award for the essay on the American Revolution she wrote. While they were there I worked on the fish pond. I pulled the water lilies out of the deep end of the pond and set them up in shallow end. I also set-up the filter and got it running.

Next I tried to mow the lawn with the brand new lawn mower. I went five feet and one of the back wheels fell off. There was no nut securing the wheel. So I had to drain the gas and pack it up and off to Sears to exchange it. I brought the exchanged one home and was finally able to finish the lawn.

After that we set-up our gazebo and put most of the furniture in it. I still have the tables and lights to put in there.

On Saturday morning my son had a baseball game and on Sunday we finally finished the grocery shopping.

I set-up a train for a photo session and ran it a few times around the layout. I never got to do the photo session, however.

Today is my son’s birthday so we will have a little family party for him tonight. Saturday is his big party with his friends at the local roller skating rink.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


Good morning.

It's a nice 61 degrees here this morning under a cloudy sky due to become partly cloudy later with thunderstorms expected. The expected high is 82.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/21/2008


Wind Chill: 61°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 60°F

So Far Today

High: 62°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SE

Today High: 82 Partly sunny. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 65
Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 60s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone.

Pretty good weekend here. Temps yesterday were in the low 70s so I was able to get a couple of hours in on the bicycle, actually got a little sunburned too.

Had quite a bit of housework to get done too so the modeling was fitted in when I had a free moment here and there. Worked out great though in the long run. Starting putting the final trim pieces on the enginehouse so it should be ready to be placed this week somtime unless I decide to continue with some more details. :D
 
Mornin' Bill!

Morning Paul!

Mornin' Tom! Happy birthday to your son!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Carl!

Looks to be a fine day here in the Finger Lakes. Right now it is 63°F outside with a predicted high of 71°. Mostly sunny as well. My favorite kind of day, not too cold, not too hot. Sure wish we got more days like this........

Well, I have three days worth of work to get done this morning, so I best get at it.
 
Morning all! We have a good weather forecast (almost hot) for this week in T-town with low to mid 80's, only a slight chance of daily showers. Sounds like a good camping week...I think we will. See you Sunday evening.
(Paul, we will be by to pick you up in about an hour.:D )
:) Have a great week!:)
 
Morning, Everyone.

Thanks for the aquarium advice, Tom and Chris. I do have a heater and water temperature is a constant 75. I don't have an airsone although the Magnum 350 provides a lot of surface agitation. An airstone might be a good idea though. Chris, Those UV lights look interesting and I'll keep them in mind if I can't solve this any other way. I did notice that, when I had the blinds open so I could see what I was doing when cleaning the tank, the scenic background is almost translucent. I'll bet that's where a lot of the light is getting in since the back is towards the windows. I think I'm going to try cuttin some 1" foam to size (since I still have a pile of it from building the layout) and taping that on the back of the tank and see if that cuts down on the problem. It looks beautiful today but I know how long that will last if I don't do something to solve this. :(

Howdy, Paul, glad to see you around again. I wondered where you were.

Tom, sounds like your usually busy weekend although having the wheel fall off the lawnmower didn't help things. Quality control is just not what it used to be.

Jeffrey, no rain here, just sunny skies, low humidity, and warm weather. Looks like a chance of rain Saturday so the boys at Talladega who drive fast and turn left all the time will have to keep an eye on this one. :)

Carl, nice to hear the weather is finally getting better and you're back on your bike. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the enginehouse.

Ray, it would be a heck of a nice place to live up there if the weather was always like today's.

Rex, this will be long buried by the time you get back but I hope you have a good time camping.

The high was 86 yesterday and it's already 83 at noon here. I expect we'll get out first 90 degree day of the year by Wednesday. Summer is definitely returning to Dixie.
 
Tom Thats the way of the world now, built to last,,,, not

started on my first day of the six sigma training today (analytical problem solving),,, i got paired up with a 6ft blonde Polish girl (life is tough) :) who lived in Sweden and works in the Netherlands looking after Italian and spanish customers,,, beat that for confusing stuff
 
There was a five alarm called in today. Some blooming idiot decided to torch a big pile of leaves then take off on a beer run. He came close to burning six homes. Talk about stupid!
 


You've got to love those Jeffrey!! We have at least a couple of those every year with almost the exact same situation that you described. Some people just amaze me how they make it through life. :rolleyes:
 
Good morning.

It's cloudy and 70 degrees. Expecting a high of 82 and a chance of thunderstorms later today.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 4/22/2008


Wind Chill: 70°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 68°F

So Far Today
High: 72°F
Low: 70°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph S

Today High: 85 Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 65 Mostly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Lows in the mid 60s. Light and variable winds.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Bill & Jeffrey ! From Sunshiny Buffalo . Just have to love it. It's been warmer here then when I was in Florida last week. Go figure. Anyhow just wish everyone else has a good day also !!!!!
 
Howdy Ho all!!

Nothing too big going on here. The road crew is making sime good progress on purring the storm drains in our street. My daughter loves to stare out the window and watch the dozer and excavator work....okay, I watch too. :D

Did some modeling last night on the enginehouse. Not much left but some signage and then a styrene floor and parking area.

Have a great day.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Morning' Paul! We are getting that nice weather as well, just a couple hours later.........

Mornin' Carl!

Today is clean the layout day as I will be (hopefully) getting a visit to have it checked out for the Electrical Certificate tomorrow. I think I should shovel out the mess in the rest of the house as well.
 
Good morning folks

Temperature was a cool 54 F this morning. High should be near 70 F.

Not much happened yesterday. We had a small family birthday party for my son. He got to open his presents from the family. His big party with his friends is on Saturday.

No modeling last night. I had to work on some Cub Scout stuff to get ready for the Pack Meeting tomorrow night.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning folks. I haven't been here in a while. I've checked in from time to time, but had nothing to say. I'm still in a holding pattern, waiting to move. I finally have a date to move, May 15th. I can't wait to get on with life.

My birthday is coming up and can't decide what to get. I will either get building kits to work on while I wait to build a layout, or start acquiring new turnouts to build the layout. As soon as I move, I can unpack the modeling supplies and start to build kits again. I won't have a permanent site for a layout until sometime in the fall, so buying turnouts doesn't sound like too much fun. A third project could be a rebuild of my old Mantua Pacific. What direction would you guys go? Thanks for any words of wisdom in advance.
 


Thank you sir! I'm getting to be an old man, I turn thirty this year! My wife isn't too keen on the idea of new track. She doesn't understand why I don't use my old Atlas, brass, snap track turnouts. Since I need a few Peco curved turnouts, maybe I'll get a couple of those and a few buildings. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top