Coffee Shop Number 16

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex, as I said, the GTO was a tempest with the big ENGINE! The engine made the car. Yes, the big engine would burn up the tires. Easy when its trying to push almost two Tons. But when it comes to handling, it WAS still two tons riding on Bias Ply tires. Ive driven the old GTOs as well as Chevelle SS and Buick GTS. Nice cars all. Very fast. But also very heavy. 13 seconds or better in a straight line is no problem. "Hugging corners like an Indy race car?
 
James,
The new Camaro comes equipt with a 300 HP V6. Or, if you like, a 400 HP V8 automatic. Of course, if Big horse power attatched to an automatic transmission "aint your bag" then there is always the 425 HP with the 6 speed manual. the Ford Mustang GT still comes equipt with the 4.6 litre v8 advertised at 300 HP.
 
Wegelia is what it is. I asked Glendia and she said that I would forget my arse if it weren't attached. LOL LOL!!!! Oh well what ever they are/is I likes em.

we don't have wegelia down here, your plant looked like a new guinea impatent from its leaves! and new guinea's can take sun as long as the air temp doesn't get over 80* or below 40* and you water the heck out of it! :)
 


For you FORD lover out there....I returning friday from the hospital and what did id see in front of me! a brand new Ford GT!:eek: sweet looking car the sweet sound from that big block kept me from wanting to drive over it:D I was in my 2500 silvy:) that GT was bearly higher than my front bumper and my truck is stock suspension! Getting in and out of that GT must be murder:rolleyes::)

As for the musle cars of the past and these wana be musle cars of today:confused: call me a purest when it comes to US musle cars 70 was the last GREAT year when it comes to true Musle weather your a ford guy or GM or Dodge Guy!

Now we got these little POS's that you need a tuner pipe to get any kinda sound from and the sound they get sounds like my lawn mower:)LOL's The closest thing we got for power now are these new knock off's 300c's, GTO, G8 GT, Camaro, Mustange's,ect. just cause you can shove big power in to anything but doesn't make it a musle car. with that said, if I had to choose a new car the G8 GT or 300C, cause it's 4 door and I can still get the family around;):rolleyes::)! My boss has got a 300C, nice car!
 
Good morning.

It's 66 and foggy. The high will be in the low 80's and thunderstorms are expected.

Didn't do a lot on the layout yesterday. Just tossed out the scrap loco pieces that were generated during the last couple of projects. These included a cut up barely recognizable Athearn SD40-2 shell and a cut up Bachmann GP50 shell. I spent most of my morning helping my mother pull weeds. Man did that have my back in an uproar. It still has knots in it. After that we went into town and had lunch at El Giro's then went to the hospital to check up on my father and take him some things he had requested. He's marginally improved. They've dealt with his pain but still don't know exactly what's wrong. He HATES hospitals and being cooped up in general so I knew he knows he has a bad problem by going anywhere near one so it almost floored me when he told the doctor not to send him home until it's cleared up. At present he's by his own description 'weak as a 3 day old kitten'. We stopped by an auto parts store and picked up two cans of Fix-a-Flat for the tractor then it was back home. That was mid afternoon. I got a report that some dodo had been speeding through the middle of town in a 35 mph zone and wrapped his old model Trans Am around one of the big poles that hold up the huge sign in front of Wal-Mart. Barely made a scratch on the pole but folded the car almost in half. This wasn't one of todays lightweight wonders but one of the old muscle cars made back when they used steel. I got a little time to clear up some of the debris on the layout then had to get ready to go out to dinner with my mother, sister, niece and her boyfriend whom she's considering to put on a ball and chain.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/24/2009

Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 100%
Dew Point: 66°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the upper 60s. Southwest winds around 5 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN1345.jpg
 
Good Morning--

Going to have some showers today. High of 23C and the low going to 6C tonight.

Gonna get some MRR'ing done---no housework to look after today--heeheehee:p:D:D:p:D:D

I had a '68 Mustang fastback with a 429CJ stuffed in the front---dang thing dyno'ed out at 550hp!! That thing was scary fast.The car was a tire burner--until I put slapper bars on it. The only thing I had issues with was that the car had all that weight in the front and nothing for weight in the rear. Or the rear window NONvisibility. The little Audi I got now has a few mods done to the engine--things like a turbo unit with a 17lb boost. Dang Audi puts out 345hp now instead of the 178hp it did before I had this stuff done to it. Real odd stuff. Got all this done by a guy who spends a lot of his time 'tuning' rice rockets----:eek::eek::eek: Fastest one he's done was a Fiero that now sports a 'turbo'ed out v6 that dynoes out at over 875hp!! It does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds!!:eek::eek::D

Now people will be lucky if'n they can find someone like my one friend there. More likely would see little tiny 60hp putt putts:mad::mad:

My only other muscle car was a '70 Olds 442. I used to drive this down the 401 towards Toronto at, shall we say ----slightly illegal speeds at 4 in the morning--and see hardly ANY traffic on the road. Now, forget it. 401 is the busiest roadway in N.A.--:(:(

Have a good'un people--------:D:D:D
 
Tyco: The 1966 GTO was the first year that the Goat became its own model and not an optional package to the LeMans. Other than the basic chassis and a shared basic body, there was no comparison. The weight you talk about, the wide wheel base, wider wheels, stiffer suspension, valved shocks, gave excellent handling. Cornering? Yeah, it hugged the corners without problem. I don't know what you drove, but there was never a complaint to a GTO's handling, bias ply tires or not (love to see what it would do with today's tires). No, the 3500lbs. didn't allow for her to get off the line quick, but look out once she got going. The muscle cars of yesteryear may not have handled as well as the over overpowered, plastic, roller-skates of today, but they had CLASS and they had comfort...and they, will be remembered.;):)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BOC: The most scared I've been while driving a car was in a friend's Mustang Mark I with a 428 Cobra engine. I tromped that thing while going around 50mph and the rear end wagged its tail while snapping my neck at the same time. Boy! That thing was powerful.
 
Afternoon guys.

It has been awhile since I posted, but I have been reading everyday.

Chris: Glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Been spending the last week outside doing yard work. We had part of a tree fall over a week ago in the high winds, yesterday we decided to get rid of the whole thing. Now my sister is working on pulling up the sod to make a large patch into a garden.

I think I must have mowed 4 times this week between home and my grandmas. I put the side discharge on her rider and it still sucked cutting the grass. Maybe when the blades get sharpened it will be better. She really could use a bigger mower for her yard though. At home I got a nice Echo trimmer, hopefully this one lasts more then the year or 2 the other ones got. Best part is the quick change wire for it. They just slide in and pull out. No more messing with springs and silly spools.

As for trains, my uncle and cousin stopped by to pick up some track for them. Gave them a ton of old brass track, as that is what they already use and want. My cousin loved all the buildings, rolling stock, locomotives, and track I have. Shame I have no layout, and compared to what everyone else has, its all junk.
 
Hello---

Got some pix of the Beachville ON quarry complex uploaded on to my 'pooter. Now I got to go through the things to see which ones to put into my PB account. The mills alone would be good but ---sheeeesh---have to find out which ones to put into a semblence of order here!!LOL!!:D:D.

Got a phonecall from friend up in cottage country. Found out that the buddy who crammed his watercraft on to some rocks up there now has an interesting issue. How to get home now that his license was taken away for a DUI:mad::mad: That was why the nut crashed his Seadoo in the first place----uh huh--uh huh:mad::mad:
 


It's pretty much been one storm after another here today. They're short in duration but come close together. At one point the cloud cover was so thick the street lights came on.
 
HELLO HELLO HELlo-hello--hello

Boy, there's a lot o' people around. We's be gettin' a sun/cloud mix with a high of 20C and a low of 8C.

Going to do running around today doing this, that, and t'other t'ing--:eek: hopefully going to get some MRR'ing done. I've got to re lay some track that has developed the warble effect. Such a lot o' fun--:confused::confused::(

Have a GREAT Memorial day---:D:D
 
Good morning.

It's 66, cloudy and a bit wet here. The high is expected to be in the mid 80's and thunderstorms are expected.

I heard yesterday that my father is to be released from the hospital soon as his condition (gastritis) is treatable on an outpatient basis. OK, so it's treatable, still something has to be causing it and I have yet to hear anybody say what that something is. There's a number of things that it can be ranging from minor to life threatening. I had to shut down for a while yesterday due to thunderstorms and used the time to get some much needed sleep. Maybe I'll have some time today to get some layout work done. There's still a lot to be picked up.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 5/25/2009

Wind Chill: 67°F
Humidity: 99%
Dew Point: 67°F

So Far Today
High: 70°F
Low: 66°F
Rain: 0.01"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph WSW

Today High: 84 Highs in the mid 80s. A 60 percent chance of Showers and thunderstorms is likely. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then a 30 percent chance after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. Southwest winds around 5 mph.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/P1010059.jpg
 
G' morning Gang!:D

The sun is up and I'm in good a great mood! I started a display layout nothing fancy just something to mess with! also found the docking port for my camera! wife hid it:rolleyes: Got a pic of that HARO BMX bike my son and I rebuilt! dang thing was a nasty mess. my son has road it to school last week got rave reviews at the bike rack:D It pays to dumpster dive!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Holy Cheeze whiz where is everyone? Bumpity BUMP....BUMP! bump..kick...kick...hit...hit..thud... bang... boom..... crash..... Thump...bump.......One is a lonelyest number you can ever know........
 
:(:( HELLO any body home? Hey Flo what did you do to everybody scare em off. OUCH I didn't mean it but I have not seen this place this empty since well I don't know when. I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend. The INDY 500 was really crowded yesterday and it was a pretty good race. I would have loved to have seen Danica win but I guess 3rd is not to bad. Rain in NC postponed the Coca Coal 600 until today so I think I may go watch a little of it.
 
:(:( HELLO any body home? Hey Flo what did you do to everybody scare em off. OUCH I didn't mean it but I have not seen this place this empty since well I don't know when. I hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day Weekend. The INDY 500 was really crowded yesterday and it was a pretty good race. I would have loved to have seen Danica win but I guess 3rd is not to bad. Rain in NC postponed the Coca Coal 600 until today so I think I may go watch a little of it.

Rain in Carolina again!:( So I'll play a bit until they get the track cleaned off.

Larry, Danica looks like a winner in my book! :eek: Like to see her trade that firesuit for a bikini one time!!! Woohoo!!!

Jeff, glad to hear your Dad may be released soon.

Chris, Funny thing about bikes, I bought my son a chrome X-Games bike at a yard sale for 5 bucks, replaced a rim and tire and cleaned it all up. My son likes it better than the 129 dollar Mongoose bike he has at home!:confused:
As far as the crowd? Several of us may still be sleeping off some of the shenanigans from the party at Jim's. :eek:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon folks.

Chris, not a bad looking bike for a salvage job. I'm sure your son is especially proud that Dad built it.

I've spent the day shopping for a car. There are plenty of NOT DEALS out there. "A Memorial Day Extravaganza!" Ya right, how about the same prices they've had for the last three weeks!

I decided to mount the trestle today. Seeing as how my new Berkshire is coming this week, I wanted to get the track reconnected. Without a great way to mount the trestle, I used modeling clay. It is suppose air dry over night. After it's dry, it can be carved or painted. I shall do both once it's dry. I know it's going to look awful, but that's okay. I'm covering most of the bases with trees, bushes and other sin hiders! I've been putting this off for two weeks now, so it's nice to make some progress. Next up is realigning the approaching track to lessen the severity of the radius. I don't want my tightest radius just before a fourteen inch drop!

I hope you all are having a great weekend.

Thank you to all who have served our county. Whether in the service or otherwise.
 


WOW--a lot of people around today---:eek::eek:

Well, Good Evenin'

Got some more yard work done and washed the dang car from all the Limestone dust:eek: Then had a non-explosive BBQ with grilled Asparagus and Pork chops. Big ol' chops at that:D:D:D

Chris that is one good looking bike your son now has:D:D:D

Gonna sit back and relax after all the cleanup and stuff----:D:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top