Coffee Shop 15

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan, indeed, thanks, I'm just fine. My money has taken a beating. I just get short and the market starts to go up so one of my short positions sold out on me. I think this is a classic bear market trap and anyone buying now is going to find out within a week why that was a bad idea. But, it's just money, which is not much compared to health, family, and friends. I've never seen that video before but it looks legit to me. You'd be amazed at what drunks do out in public and how fast pepper spray promotes cooperation. :)

Rex, I was thinking about your yard while I was doing mine. Most of my property is woods and I have no pine trees so the clean up part isn't as bad. My problem is I pruned a ton of shrubs and crepe myrtle tress and had haul everything back to the woods since we can't burn in the city limits. My back is killing me. :(

Phillip, thank goodness for guys like Larry who always seem to have the right part available. I'd be doomed if I had to depend on my own skill for almost anything.

Karl, no, Flo didn't have me locked up in the closet but I think that might have been more fun than what I've been doing, especially with one of the "girls" for company. :D

Thanks, Chris, I've been missing your daily laughs too. Tell you what, if the S&P drops back to 650, everyone get to eat on me that day. I put in a a market order to rebuy short on the S&P, assuming it still has a few more days to run up before the big ball drops. If it happens like I think it will, I should double my money that I lost this week. We'll see how good my guessing is this time. My backup plan is still to live under Rex's layout. :eek:

I liked where the moron said he had to get his wife another beer of she'd stab him in the face. :rolleyes: I don't know what the law in Florida is but we'd still get him for drunk in public and resisting arrest. Guys like that need at least a night in jail to think about life.

BOC, sounds like you made a nice little haul at the fleamarket. The only thing we sell down here at fleamarkets is old George Jones albums. :p That was one good thing about living in Cleveland. Once it started snowing, the only yardwork was shoveling the drive until about Easter. Down here, things grow all winter so there's always something that needs attention that I'd rather not give it.

It's still lightly raining here. We've had just over 1.25 inches with no thunderstorms, snow, ice, or severe weather so that's about as good as gets in Alabama in March.
 
Jim: the video is realistic enough, but the guys who made it admit that it is a fake. They were bored one day and filmed it. The link to his site is at the top of the movie. No doubt it isn't realistic. I have no doubts that someone has done that many times.
 
03-15-2009

Good Morning ! from TIPTON IN:eek:
TIPTONDEPOT-1.png
menu_breakfast_1.png
Diner.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
waitress3.png


wig-wag.JPG


:confused::):D:(
 


Good Morning--We're going to be in the mid teens on the plus side and sunny for a few days:D:D--The temps in Celsius, that is.:D:D

Jim That's the thing about this one--the guy looks for trainstuff all the time--and finds it. He told me he goes all over the place--and he's noticed some people seem to be--as he puts it--'ditching' the stuff--because "it costs too much money".:confused::mad::(:eek:

Well,I'm heading off to do some bike riding--I'm taking advantage of this weather!!:D:D:p:p
 
Good morning.

It's 47 and cloudy (what else is new?) and there's a chance of rain today. The high will be in the upper 50's.

Didn't get much done yesterday as I was battling some kind of bug until the early afternoon. I did get a couple of new structures placed on the layout. The Bachmann Plasticville machine shop is now across the street from Ezra's gas station on the layout extension and the Bachmann Plasticville gas station is next to the Shell station on the main part of the layout. It will become the 'Pak-A-Pig Barbecue' when I get a chance to work on it. I got my sister's new Acer notebook computer up and running yesterday and got her online last night with a cell modem. It's not much faster than dial-up but it's more than she had. Now she can send emails to her husband in Iraq without having to go to my parents house to use their computer or going next door to use her daughter's laptop.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/15/2009


Wind Chill: 46°F
Humidity: 95%
Dew Point: 45°F

So Far Today
High: 47°F
Low: 46°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNW

Today High: 58 Cloudy. A 20 percent chance of rain in the morning... Then a 50 percent chance in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain. Lows in the upper 40s. West winds 5 to 10 mph in the evening becoming north after midnight.

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm18/forum-2/DSCN0696.jpg
 
Happy Sunday morning everyone!

Jim - glad to see you're OK even if your money isn't

Karl - We have a 42yr-old guy in my neighborhood who was diagnosed at an early age as "mentally challenged" so he gets disability checks from the guv'mint. Never went to school, never got a drivers license but he drives around on either a Kubota or a golf cart and seems to be enjoying his limited lifestyle.

Spent much of Saturday digitally 'painting' the Merchants Row storefront signs & logos, then shrinking them and printing them as decals. It's incredible just how much time one can spend doing that sort of thing. But the biggest time-killer was the barber pole - finding the correct-sized sphere to put on top, then applying the swirly-stripe decal and drilling a mounting hole without damaging the decal. At least it looks like it came out OK.

Gotta go and get ready for the 10'oclock Mass, C-ya!
 
Mornin' all!

Well, yesterday the wife headed off to Florida with her Aunt to go visit her parents, so now I'm a bachelor again. Figure I can get a few things done around the house, and maybe catch up on some schoolwork too. Today though, I teach, so it's about time to start getting ready for that.

Whats up with you all?
 
Mornin' all!

Well, yesterday the wife headed off to Florida with her Aunt to go visit her parents, so now I'm a bachelor again. Figure I can get a few things done around the house, and maybe catch up on some schoolwork too. Today though, I teach, so it's about time to start getting ready for that.

Whats up with you all?

Need I worry:confused::confused::eek::eek: Man what's wrong with ya:eek: the weather down here is near perrfect!!!!!!your wife will never come home:eek: or make ya move down here;)
 
O.K. I got's to get off my butt:rolleyes::mad: I'm draging it tring my hardest not to do my chores:) I got's to wash the car and truck and clean out the front flower beds and get them ready for some new color:rolleyes: I'm just not in to it today. I got the dinner cooking right now(Corned beef and cabage):p The inside of this house smells great:D OBTW: My son and I got a new toy, a weight bench. I'm going to start my son and i on a tortursize program:rolleyes::) I got's to get some more weights but we're on are way to fit!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: well got's to get moving.................................chat later.
 
Went to sears to day after my chores!!!!!!!!!! ain't no wonder why the store chain is loosing sales it's customer service sucks! Here's the letter I sent them........



I was in your store on SR50 in Brooksville,Florida. I was not happy with the way your store period are not willing to go the extra mile to make Customers happy.

I wanted to buy a weider 110lb olympic weight set I seen on line for $89.00. So I figured I would see if the store had it in stock. They told me there is no more in stock at the store and warehouse. Two sets were avaible in two other store's over 50miles away. and there was a 4 month back order on the set at the warehouse. I asked the sales associate and asst. manager if it could be transfered store to store to make the sale. They told me NO! I'd have to either Order it on line and wait the four months or drive all the way 50 miles to the other stores to pick up the set myself! That ain't no kind of customer service that I would expect from a national company with slipping sales! A simple store to store transfer would have saved the sale and a customer! with all the service vans you have on the road to fix stuff you couldn't load the weight set on one of them and deliver it to another store? The kinda service i encountered turns people off and sends them to Ones willing to go the extra mile.....

Now my Question is, What are you going to do to save this sale? or are you? This weight set is for my son's birth day in 4 weeks from now. I'm going to look else where's...... you have until I find a set or my son's birthday comes up with some help!


Every store I have ever been to was more than happy to do a Store to Store transfer for the customer! Had the same treatment in a sporting goods store too? What the heck, both chains are barely a float! Yet they will let this happen, I hope they Fail!
 


Need I worry:confused::confused::eek::eek: Man what's wrong with ya:eek: the weather down here is near perrfect!!!!!!your wife will never come home:eek: or make ya move down here;)

Chris, you need to read my post better. HER PARENTS ARE THERE! I don't care how good the weather is, I'm not moving there! And she won't either! We love them, don't get me wrong, it's just that they don't seem to care for us much, so we try and just visit once in a while and stay out of their hair most of the time. Thery live near here part of the year, so we see them once in a while here, and for me, thats enough.
 
Chris, you need to read my post better. HER PARENTS ARE THERE! I don't care how good the weather is, I'm not moving there! And she won't either! We love them, don't get me wrong, it's just that they don't seem to care for us much, so we try and just visit once in a while and stay out of their hair most of the time. Thery live near here part of the year, so we see them once in a while here, and for me, thats enough.

My bad:( Didn't know:o.......Parents/in-laws can be a pain at times! One day our kids will marry off think the same way about us too;);):D LOL's
 
Just got in from doing back yard cleanup in the semi muck. Didn't realize just how much work is ahead in there:eek::eek:. We have to take a chunk of another tree down because it is threatening to topple onto next door garage.:confused::eek: So after this tree partially comes down we'll still have 3 full size trees for shade:D:D:D

Chris I'd just as soon go to someplace that is more into that equipment--places like Sportmart/SportChek or summat. Half the people in the larger stores don't even have a clue what a weight is for Pete's sake---mumble grumble snark:mad:

Have a good evenin' y'all----:):)
 
Chris
Time for a little research. Don't send that letter to Sears Customer Service. Go farther. Search out the executive level that is over customer service. Remember the old addage, (you know what) rolls downhill? So don't start at the bottom. Start near the top. Doing so has netted me BIG results over the years. Like special discounts, gift certificates, a video camera (free) from Montgomery Wards and a Futon (free) from Sears.
IMHO, the folks in retail can only see as far as the next guy in line(usually) but the farther up the ladder you go, the better the long range vision is! It's not going to be a cake walk, but as long as you remain calm, cool, and collected, but wont take no for an answer, you will get results.

With 26years in the retail/customer service area of business, I'm a service reps worst nightmare!:eek:
 
Chris
Time for a little research. Don't send that letter to Sears Customer Service. Go farther. Search out the executive level that is over customer service. Remember the old addage, (you know what) rolls downhill? So don't start at the bottom. Start near the top. Doing so has netted me BIG results over the years. Like special discounts, gift certificates, a video camera (free) from Montgomery Wards and a Futon (free) from Sears.
IMHO, the folks in retail can only see as far as the next guy in line(usually) but the farther up the ladder you go, the better the long range vision is! It's not going to be a cake walk, but as long as you remain calm, cool, and collected, but wont take no for an answer, you will get results.

With 26years in the retail/customer service area of business, I'm a service reps worst nightmare!:eek:

I did my 7 years a a Lawn and garden department manager for a local wal-mart.......Need less to say Wally World will kill any employee it has to, to make sure your happy:rolleyes: BTW: got a form letter from sears......They ain't going to do squat:mad: figures:rolleyes: I'm going else where's:) I'm over it:D I got's to hit some yard sales next weekend!!!!!!! good excuse to ride my bicycle too! I'm Done looking like a Potato!!!!!
 
Evening, everyone.

Dan, that was a darn good job on that lawn mower video. He must have had a real cop playing the part - I'm assuming the comedian was the guy on the lawn mower. The only real tipoff is the pepper spray. It doesn't come out in a thick fog like that shown but more of a thin stream. I should have caught that.

Bill, nice picture of those wig-wags. You've had some really good historical pictures lately.

BOC, I imagine that people are selling off trains to put food on the table. I've noticed more complete layouts for sale on different sites than I've ever seen before. Hope you had a good bike ride.

Jeffrey..."Pac-A-Pig"...I like it. :) Has just the right sound for a good BBQ place. I hope your bug isn't too bad.

Thanks, Ken. Sounds like you're really doing a nice job on your Merchant's Row. I never even thought of a barber's pole sign but, now that you mention it, it's way too much work. :D I'm looking forward to some pictures.

Phillip, if your now batching it, forget all that school work and teaching stuff. Time for something really important, like working on the layout. Call in sick for everything else. ;)

Chris, I was going to suggest yard sales for weight sets. This is just about the time that all those new year's resolutions are falling apart and people are willing to give weights away for almost nothing. Karl's right about writing letters. I always go to the company web site and find out the name and e-mail of the VP of Sales. You'd be amazed at what an e-mail to a person that can actually make decision can do. Sears is especially bad about not giving any of their low-level people any power to go around policy. There's a reason why Wal-Mart stock is doing well and Sears is just holding its head above water.

Speaking of water, it's raining again after a break earlier today. We've had a little over 2.5 inches of rain since Friday night. No thunderstorms or any severe weather but the ground is well saturated so we'll probably have some minor river flooding. It should clear up by tomorrow night and then we'll have a couple of nice spring days. Back out into the yard for more weeding and pine straw spreading. Man, that stuff is nasty compared to the redwood bark I used in California but it's what's available here so it's what I use. I just hope it's not full of bugs this year. :eek:
 
Good morning folks

It was 41 F this morning as I headed out onto the semi-foggy roadways this morning. High today will be 55 F.

It was a busy weekend. My daughter had her basketball playoff game which they lost. My son, on the other hand had two playoff games and they will be playing next weekend. We changed over our cable TV, Internet, and phone service on Saturday. I have spent most of the weekend trying to figure how to use many of the new features. I still have to cancel the old service. Apparently you can only cancel Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 2 PM. Part reason we changed was that the old service was getting less and less customer friendly and it was getting harder and harder to reach customer service. We have also been having problems with TV reception and Internet speed. Every time I spoke with them about I was told they were upgrading the service. Since this has been going on for the last year and a half I figure that this had become their canned excuse. With the new service we have a sharper and brighter picture and the Internet seems to be much faster. Of course we will see how it is in six months.

With all the fun going on I never got any modeling done. My son, however, did run some trains with his friend on the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


Good morning.

It's 53 and cloudy here. The high should be in the low 70's and it will be partly cloudy.

The National Weather Service has issued a special bulletin! There will be a strange bright yellow object visible in the sky today. As it hasn't been visible in over a week they want to be sure that it's sudden appearance will not cause a panic. This is not a harbinger of doom, merely the return of good weather. In other news, my sister's new Acer notebook has developed a problem. It works and shuts down fine as long as nothing has been connected to the USB ports. If ANYTHING has been connected to any of the USB ports (it has three) it will not shut down! It just hangs up and crashes. The acer service techs we've talked to say this is totally weird. We did a complete recovery on it on the advice of the service dept and it still does the same thing, indicating that it's a hardware problem. She'll be sending it back to the nationally recognized company she bought it from (QVC) for replacement. This has been my first direct contact with Windows Vista Home Premium and I must say that I'm not favorably impressed with it. Didn't get anything done on the layout yesterday as I was tied up with her computer most of the day. How do I get a day of my life back? Now to get this onto an MR topic, at the bottom of this post is a photo of the structure that will be the 'Pak-a-Pig' barbecue and smoke house, home of authentic Louisiana barbecue.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 3/16/2009


Wind Chill: 54°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NE

Today High: 72 Mostly cloudy early in the morning then becoming partly cloudy in the morning then becoming mostly sunny in the afternoon. Warmer. Highs in the lower 70s. North winds around 5 mph.

Tonight Low: 52 Clear. Lows in the lower 50s. Northeast winds around 5 mph.

DSCN0704.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top