Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Saturday, November 24, 2012

Morning_Coffee.png



TiptonDepot.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON
 
Good Morning

We are currently getting snowsqualls here...up to 20 cm(~8 inches) worth supposedly...around here one never really knows....

So, another day of the Xmas Walk is upon us, hence, I'm going into hiding in my mancave again.... We had some friends show up here yesterday in the midst of all this and Audrey kept quipping about a creature living in the basement here...

So, have a great day!!!
 


I was hoping to have this posted a little earlier but Suddenlink went and dropped the signal TWICE in FIVE minutes! And they wonder why I'm ticked off with them!

Good afternoon. It's 49°F with 49% humidity. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 58°F.
cond026.gif


Well it was my job to watch my mother from 7am to 9am this morning. The nurse would be there at 9 am. Well 9am came and went. No nurse. I had already gotten my mothers breakfast and medicine for her, checked her blood sugar and administered the required amount of insulin. My father called at 9:30 and was somewhat surprised the nurse hadn't showed. He called her and inquired. It was her understanding she wasn't to be there until 2 pm. Talk about getting wires crossed. She finally arrives at 10:45. I for one was very happy she was there. There's not much I can do for my mother other than watch her, get her meals and meds. I can't even roll her over. That requires someone who can keep their balance to a large extent. It also hurts me very bad when I try doing anything like that. That's why it took over a day to remove th front of my kitchen cabinet, an area less than two feet wide.

Now I'm back home and any plans I had for today are going to have to wait until I feel up to it. I hope the rest of you are having a better day.

P1010462.jpg
 
Good Morning

We are currently getting snowsqualls here...up to 20 cm(~8 inches) worth supposedly...around here one never really knows....

So, another day of the Xmas Walk is upon us, hence, I'm going into hiding in my mancave again.... We had some friends show up here yesterday in the midst of all this and Audrey kept quipping about a creature living in the basement here...

So, have a great day!!!
Hey Barry, is your place one of the castles on the Xmas walk? Please show us a picture of your mancave sometime. And watch out for that creature. :eek: :p


Mike
 
So, another day of the Xmas Walk is upon us, hence, I'm going into hiding in my mancave again.... We had some friends show up here yesterday in the midst of all this and Audrey kept quipping about a creature living in the basement here...
My father has made somewhat frequent mentions of a creature in a small home around here somewhere that has an inane curiousity and fascination with trains.
 
I was hoping to have this posted a little earlier but Suddenlink went and dropped the signal TWICE in FIVE minutes! And they wonder why I'm ticked off with them!

Good afternoon. It's 49°F with 49% humidity. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 58°F.
Jeffrey.....Nice looking observation bridge.



Mike
 
Perhaps someone can help. The grouchy manager at the petrol station said I could only use an *approved* container to put diesel fuel into....to carry home for my model train. Then he said I had to buy a minimum of one half gallon.....even though I tried to explain to him....I just have little N scale engines.....which he apparently was unfamiliar with. Now I'm having some trouble getting the itty bitty cap off the fuel filler neck on my EMD FT. I must be doing something wrong? :confused:
 
Perhaps someone can help. The grouchy manager at the petrol station said I could only use an *approved* container to put diesel fuel into....to carry home for my model train. Then he said I had to buy a minimum of one half gallon.....even though I tried to explain to him....I just have little N scale engines.....which he apparently was unfamiliar with. Now I'm having some trouble getting the itty bitty cap off the fuel filler neck on my EMD FT. I must be doing something wrong? :confused:

PWI again, are we?:D I use a 10ml syringe to fill my locomotives. Of course, I fill them with smoke fluid, not #2 fuel oil.
 
Hi guys,
Yes, the Christmas season has indeed started with all the cammotion it creates as brought out above. But what a joyous time it is in spite of all of that.

Say Jeffrey, Glad the health nurse got there albiet it a bit late, it's better than 2:Pm as she thought for sure. Also, that is a nice looking overhead walkway which seems to be new? Do you have some special connections with Saint Nick?



Say Mike, You probably just needed to inform the guy that the RR {yours} had always use those containers in the pasts and never had a problem getting them refilled with a half ounce of Diesel Fuel in the past so why now??

As far as the filler cap situation did you remember you needed to remove the paddle lock you had to put on the cap due the the Broke & Howe Guys siphoning the fuel to resell?

Have a good night.
 


Say Jeffrey, Glad the health nurse got there albiet it a bit late, it's better than 2:Pm as she thought for sure. Also, that is a nice looking overhead walkway which seems to be new? Do you have some special connections with Saint Nick?
The walkway was on an older layout. It was from an old Model Power kit that was copied from Heljan.
 
Been a busy day for me. First had the foul-up with the nurses time table this morning. Then had half a ton of stuff to get done online. Had a late lunch. Then I had to help my father get my mother from the house to the car so the three of us could go to Buffet City for dinner. She can't even stand on her own anymore and I sure as heck can't lift her. I feel a sharp pain in my ankle tonight that's probably being caused by a shard of broken bone. I'll know for sure if it goes to bleeding like a stuck pig in the next day or two. Got to go down there in the morning to look after her for a couple of hours in the morning until the nurse gets there at 9 am. Told my father he needed to come across with some cash for gas if he expects me to keep coming down there. Gas is hard to come by on my tiny income and my van doesn't run on good wishes. I need it to take care of my errands, business and doctor appointments. All this other stuff is extra expense and he can darn well supply the gas for it.

Well, time for me to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

P1011819.jpg
 
We just got back from a visit with one of the other people on the Xmas Walk tour. A lot of people showed up inspite of the weather....:rolleyes:

Going to spend tomorrow in the basement...doing a reprise of my 'creature' routine....:eek:

Have a good night!
 
Every 4th Sunday we have a running day at the club so I wangled (a term meaning negotiated, usually with some embellishment of the truth, for those unfamiliar with the term) a trip to there to try out the 4 pairs of longrunner cars in the main but hoping I might get the chance to add 5 twin 45's to it. Unfortunately for me there were several other members already in attendance so the 10' rule was operating which restricted me to locos and the longrunners.

As usual when running something new, a few hiccups were the order of the day. Discovered that you cant run refrigerated trailers at the ends because of the extra overhang (should have been obvious) and that the container on trailers that had the wide spaced axles were a no go in the centre position, particularly when negotiating #6 turnouts.

So a few pics of what I was able to do.

TOFCfirstrun001.png

TOFCfirstrun002.png

TOFCfirstrun003.png

TOFCfirstrun004.png

TOFCfirstrun005.png

TOFCfirstrun006.png

TOFCfirstrun007.png

Y
TOFCfirstrun008.png

As you may notice it was also necessary to use some 45' trailers at the ends between pairs of cars in order to gain some clearance on bends between trailers, 53's would have jammed up. Looks like I'll have to substitute long shank couplers for the standard #5's I'm using. Also a 2mm drill (3/32"?) is a better size to provide adequate pin clearance for the trailer hitches.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning

Kind of dull outside, snowing and cold. 29F going for a high near 34F later on

Today is the last day of the Xmas Walk...should be a little less busy as it finishes around 6pm....but I still will be in hiding...in the basement...like all good 'creatures' should be....:rolleyes:;)
 
Good Morning

Kind of dull outside, snowing and cold. 29F going for a high near 34F later on

Today is the last day of the Xmas Walk...should be a little less busy as it finishes around 6pm....but I still will be in hiding...in the basement...like all good 'creatures' should be....:rolleyes:;)
Sounds like the same weather we have down here straight south of you Barry.



Mike
 
As usual when running something new, a few hiccups were the order of the day. Discovered that you cant run refrigerated trailers at the ends because of the extra overhang (should have been obvious) and that the container on trailers that had the wide spaced axles were a no go in the centre position, particularly when negotiating #6 turnouts.

So a few pics of what I was able to do.
Great looking trailer train Toot! Long cars always seem to take a bit more work.


Mike
 
Good morning. It's 53° with 48% humidity. Ground was white with frost at 7:15. It'll be mostly sunny with a high of 68°.
cond026.gif


Went down this morning and looked after my mother for a couple of hours this morning. Nurse arrived at 8:45. By that time she'd had her breakfast, morning meds, blood sugar check, blood pressure check. That's pretty good considering I feel like crap today. We went the Buffet City last night for dinner. After I came home I took my night meds an dwent to bed. Half an hour later I was on the throne and spent most of the night there. Neither of my parents got sick and we all had the same things to eat. So I just have to believe it was a side effect complication of one or more of my meds. I got less than an hours sleep all night. So the plan for today is to go back to bed. The computer will be off so if anybody calls they're gonna get nothing but a message stating the number is not in service. I don't care if the world is burning down, the fire depts can put it out without me. I'm retired anyway!

P1011819.jpg
 


Most likely wasn't your meds Jeff, you're probably the unlucky one to get the piece of food that was contaminated. Hope it's only an o/night or 24hr thing. Any longer, get it checked out.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top