Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Temp is 70 heading for 65 and mostly cloudy. Time for me to call it a night. Been a quiet day. See y'all tomorrow.

P4290286.jpg
 


Good morning. It's 65° with 100% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be partly cloudy with a high of 88°.
cond026.gif


I'm not feeling good today. Chest pain and lower back pain are having their way with me and I don't want to do anything that requires movement. Looks like no work of any kind today unless something changes.

P4280248.jpg
 
Good morning folks.

It feels like November outside this week. Lows in the 20's and highs in the upper 40's. I'm half expecting to see snow flakes!

I've been busy doing the work thing and nothing else. Isn't it funny how you can be totally focused on trains one week and totally not the next? I guess that's why they call it a hobby.

I ordered a new laptop yesterday. It's from Best buy but it's not in stock in this particular location. They are shipping it to my best buy so I can pick it up. My old Sony Vaio is from 2004 with XP and can't keep up anymore. Up until windows 7 came out it was plenty fast. Now the websites I go to have so many things going on at once that the old girl gets bogged down. Eight years out of my original $1500 investment isn't bad if you ask me.

Here is the new one I bought. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lenovo+...rive/5593862.p?id=1218720760463&skuId=5593862

I have everything I need backed up on an external hard drive already so it should be pretty easy transferring everything. I can't wait, I haven't had that new computer smell in a while!

Other than that I don't know much.
 
Some morning left now with 54* degrees,.....58* the high today. Seasonably fall like weather is dropping on us....like little anvils from heaven.....the autumn leaves being shades of green, yellow, brown, and yes...red...lots of red this year. Hee ha hoo!

I've seen six different chiropractors last ten years.....mostly lower back pain. The only one that really helped me, taught me how to stretch my iliopsoas (ill-ee-oh-so-azz) muscles......and hamstrings. When these two items tighten up they pull your upper body and pelvis toward each other, further aggravating your already punished and sore lumbar discs.

I lay back down on a 26" therapy ball...reaching back with my hands on the floor to steady.....and roll the ball slowly back as my feet come off the floor....stretching the so-azz muscles for a couple minutes with short breaks in between. (be careful.....easy to fall over sideways until practised at this).

Then lay on my back on floor in a doorway, with one leg down and the other leg raised vertical resting on the side of door frame....for three minutes or so....then switch and do the other leg. This gently stretches hamstrings. These two easy stretches make a huge difference in my day.


Mike
 
I lay back down on a 26" therapy ball...reaching back with my hands on the floor to steady.....and roll the ball slowly back as my feet come off the floor....stretching the so-azz muscles for a couple minutes with short breaks in between. (be careful.....easy to fall over sideways until practised at this).

Then lay on my back on floor in a doorway, with one leg down and the other leg raised vertical resting on the side of door frame....for three minutes or so....then switch and do the other leg. This gently stretches hamstrings. These two easy stretches make a huge difference in my day.
That's good to know.
 


Looks like a good choice Corey! Love that new computer smell. :)

When I picked up paper recycling for a Kiwanis paper collection fundraiser we would stop at a computer supply company. They would sell and set up commercial computer networks for local companies. When entering the back
room you could smell that electronics smell that only comes from freshly unpacked electric goods. When I was a teenager, every year for Christmas we would get a piece of electronics for our bedrooms. A TV, then a VCR, then a stereo, then a CD player, etc. Consequently, I associate that smell with Christmas and receiving gifts! New computer smell!:D
 
It's 73 here heading for 65 and mostly clear. Expecting some fog tonight.

Got in a little work on the main structure for the grain elevator. It won't win any awards but it's going to be way at the back of the layout anyway. I haven't done much of anything else today. Time to call it a night See y'all tomorrow.

P1011735.jpg
 
Morning guys:D

Thats why I come here......seems we all got aches and pains!:D Cept Corey, but his pain is delayed til the bill comes in for that new computer smell!!:rolleyes:

Off from w**k today,goin to see the Doc later. Seems I am having another bout with cellulitis. started Wednesday with some minor swelling in my baby toe, by yesterday at w**k, it was swollen up almost as big as my big toe. Doc called in a scrip, but couldn't see me yesterday. Toe seems better today, but now my knee is hot and pink....:( 11:45 appointment today, hopefully I can avoid another trip to the hospital and IV antibiotics like last time.;)

Maybe I can stop by my LHS then do some modeling later??:cool:

Hope everybody gets feeling better!

L8ter!
 
Good morning America! It's 47 degrees now and predicted to reach 65 today. Rain is in the forecast for the weekend with the possibility of severe storms. :mad:

My boy and daughter-in-law got in from Texas last night, so that will makeup for the rotten weather. He's hoping to relocate back to Illinois early next year for his job and they are checking on the housing market while here. We're all hoping everything goes as planned!
 
Good morning. It's 63° with 99% humidity and patchy fog. It'll be partly cloudy with a high of 88°.
cond026.gif


Feels real damp outside and not a drop of rain. Fog with high humidity will do that. Feels really weird at times. Nothing special going on today that I know of. My father may have different ideas if he's not working today. I may work on the elevator again today. Can't run any trains as the layout looks a tornado hit it. Add to that there's six silos standing on the track just this side of Ezra's place. Funny sign in mind for that place. 'Ezra's stop and go pizza shop. Stop here for gas'. Maybe someday I'll get around to making it. It looks like we have rain coming in for the weekend. At least it won't be cold. The high is due to be in the 80's until midway through next week.

P4230172.jpg
 
Wow, slow day. I'm going to go mow the leaves in the yard, it should be interesting. Last fall, I used my lawn tractor to chop up the leaves, and blow the ones I didn't chop into the street so they would blow away. That didn't work out like I planned, and most of the leaves blew into the neighbors' yards. I was real popular. I think I'll try a different approach this year.
 
Wow, slow day. I'm going to go mow the leaves in the yard, it should be interesting. Last fall, I used my lawn tractor to chop up the leaves, and blow the ones I didn't chop into the street so they would blow away. That didn't work out like I planned, and most of the leaves blew into the neighbors' yards. I was real popular. I think I'll try a different approach this year.

Selling up and moving? :p
 
Selling up and moving? :p

Nah, maybe piling up the leaves and setting them on fire. I should win the "best neighbor" contest if I do that! Especially if the burning leaves end up in the neighbors' lawns...:p
Then again, maybe paying a kid to rake them up and bag them would be best. Of course, with a few hundred trees that are 300+ years old, there are a LOT of leaves. Desperate times, desperate measures...:rolleyes:
 


I know what it's like having a lot of trees in the yard. I have over 120 and over half are pines. The good thing about pine needles is they don't get blown over into the neighbors yards. The bad thing about pine needles is they don't get blown over into the neighbors yards. Of course that's the old story with pine trees too. The good thing is they'll grow almost anywhere. The bad thing is they'll grow almost anywhere!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top