Coffe shop XXXIV - 9/10/12

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good Morning...

Good Morning! from Tipton IN.

It's Sunday, October 7, 2012

coffee-pouring111.png



HOBBSIN_DEPOTa.png


:cool:

Tipton.gif

TIPTON IN
 


Good morning. It's raining (hard) and 51. That will be today's high temp.

Not raining here yet, but will soon, 51 looks like all were getting to today!:)

The guy is coming to get the trailer today :D ! He's even taking the module racks (he aint getting the modules). Can't wait to get started on the basement, as soon as a few other items get handled.
Yeah, I may someday do the modular display thing again (never say never, right?), but only if it fits inside the cap on the truck,,,,no more truck and trailer dog & pony show again!:D

Not much going on here other than that today,,might update the webpage,,might work on a friends units I have been procrastinating on, might watch Nascar, or the Orioles, or the Ravens,,might take a nap.
So many possibilities!!!!
 
Good morning. It's 48° headed to a high of 62. Humidity is 92%. It'll be mostly cloudy.
condmc-1.jpg


Nothing particular on the agenda today, just whatever I get around to doing. I have a throbbing pain in my left ankle that's really bugging me. Bone pain isn't fun. Darn medicine side effect. There are several I take that can cause it so it's difficult to lock it down to a particular one. Oh well, it'll stop eventually.

I removed the SP F7 body from the Mantua dummy chassis and put it on a powered Athearn clone chassis, a cut down Proto or Stewart. It has a Bachmann decoder so it's slow on startup but it runs smooth and picks up speed quickly. I'll have to modify the mounting slots on the sides of the body as they don't go back quite far enough. That's an easy fix.

P1011730.jpg
 
Uh Oh,,,,,,,you weren't supposed to do that! :eek:

Oh gee...why?:D

-------------------------------

Good Morning!!

Another fine morning to be had in our wonderful neck of the woods. The colours are just starting to peak out up here for our Thanksgiving weekend, which means that we are seeing a lot of yellows and reds and other such bright coloured leaves....I'm looking forward to walking through all kinds of leaves here :)

Right now, current temperature is 36F going to a low of 34F....clear night skies ..high later today at 54F...:)

Today is going to be a rather slow one up here, as our usual coffee klatch crew is meeting here rather than at the diner...have a good day!!:)
 
Went to my parents place for breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy. Came back home and vacuumed the dust out of the heater and tested it. It's working OK. Haven't required it's services yet. Weather guesser says the coolest night this coming week will be in the high forties. Shouldn't even need the heater unless we get a good north wind off the lake. Projected forecast says 10mph so that shouldn't be a problem. No heat on so far and it's a nice 70° in here. It's 50° outside with 16mph ENE gusts.
 
Went to my parents place for dinner. My mother was home from the nursing home for the day. She's being taken back there now. Before I left to come back home we all got together for a family photo. Myself, my father, mother, both sisters, their significant others, my niece and her significant other. Somehow the camera didn't blow into a million pieces. I've had all I can eat for today. I have a doctor appointment in the morning so that'll be the morning shot.
 
Since I opted out of TV service.....been watching some of the longer train videos on youtube. The empire builder is a big modern passenger train that hauls 400 people in comfort. Guess it runs from chicago to somewhere in northwestern usa?.....anyway....I think they named it after that bachmann train set with the same name. :D Yeah....that must be it.
 
Since I opted out of TV service.....been watching some of the longer train videos on youtube. The empire builder is a big modern passenger train that hauls 400 people in comfort. Guess it runs from chicago to somewhere in northwestern usa?.....anyway....I think they named it after that bachmann train set with the same name. :D Yeah....that must be it.

You can also subscribe to Netflix, and watch all kinds of tv shows and movies. It's either $7 or $8 a month, and you can watch on your new computer.
 


Since I opted out of TV service.....been watching some of the longer train videos on youtube. The empire builder is a big modern passenger train that hauls 400 people in comfort. Guess it runs from chicago to somewhere in northwestern usa?.....anyway....I think they named it after that bachmann train set with the same name. :D Yeah....that must be it.
It runs from Chicago to the Pacific Northwest. The line splits in Spokane, Washington, terminating at Seattle, Washington's King Street Station in the north and Portland, Oregon's Union Station in the south. The train passes through Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Layovers are made in Saint Paul, Minot, Havre, and Spokane. Some other major stops on the route are Milwaukee; Fargo; Whitefish, Montana; and Vancouver, Washington. The original Empire Builder was inaugurated by the Great Northern on June 11, 1929, and displaced the Oriental Limited as the roads premier train. It was named in honor of railroad tycoon James J. Hill, known during his life as "The Empire Builder" who reorganized several failing railroads into the Great Northern Railway and extended the line to the Pacific Northwest late in the 19th century.
 
Didn't get much of a chance to work on the layout today. Too busy with family and watching my sisters, niece and their significant others working to clear the west wing of the house. I think they're realizing what a task they've set for themselves. Even that side of the house on it's own is huge. My whole trailer (8x25) could fit in the kitchen with room to spare!

Time for me to call it a night. I have a doctors appointment in the morning. General physical. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN1493.jpg
 
It runs from Chicago to the Pacific Northwest. The line splits in Spokane, Washington, terminating at Seattle, Washington's King Street Station in the north and Portland, Oregon's Union Station in the south. The train passes through Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and Oregon. Layovers are made in Saint Paul, Minot, Havre, and Spokane. Some other major stops on the route are Milwaukee; Fargo; Whitefish, Montana; and Vancouver, Washington. The original Empire Builder was inaugurated by the Great Northern on June 11, 1929, and displaced the Oriental Limited as the roads premier train. It was named in honor of railroad tycoon James J. Hill, known during his life as "The Empire Builder" who reorganized several failing railroads into the Great Northern Railway and extended the line to the Pacific Northwest late in the 19th century.
I would love to take that trip........and james j. hill is another RR guy for me to read up on.


Mike
 
If I was a bit younger....would move to the boom state of north dakota....the state with the most jobs per population in all of usa. They have growth in energy and medical sectors.....and if those aren't your fields of expertise they can still use you because they need everything else everybody needs. They have the teddy roosevelt wilderness N.P. in north dakota and everywhere in the western usa is beautiful.....having spent a large portion of my life traveling and living in it.

I pray for prosperity, we have seen precious little of it the last four years.


Mike
 
Good morning. It's 50° with 91% humidity. It's mostly cloudy now but will clear to partly cloudy later. The high will be 70°.
cond026.gif


Just having a look around before I head out on my doctor appointment. I'm not looking at getting anything done today.

P6040422.jpg
 


Good Morning all....

Well, did it get frosty out here last night..everything is all frosted up here...going to get to a high of 54F later on today..with a cloud/sun mix....we can see the cloudbank to the north of us'uns even now....

Today is our Thanksgiving day and as we are speaking the turkey is right now in the oven for a good little while...we are expecting company later on....hohoho...

Anyways..have a good one!!!:):)
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top