Hi all,
If any of you read my introduction thread you would know that I was going to build a 4X8 layout. I have since decided to move my layout from my dinning room to my basement. In my basement I have at the moment a 13' X 20' space to use, with additional space in the future. I plan to fill my entire 30'X30' basement up in the future.
I want to have some main line running, switching, and some small towns branch lines. I have never done anything like this before but have wanted to do this for a number of years.
Below is a basic drawing of what my bench will look like.
Its going to have 2 lift outs so I can walk into it to access the entire layout. 26" may seam narrow but its the width of my hallway in my house so I figured it would work. The top and right side will be against walls, The left side can be extended in the future another 5' and parts of the bottom can be extended in the future. But I think I will have plenty of bench to keep me busy for a few years.
What do you guys think about the basic bench?
P.S. This will be a HO layout.
If any of you read my introduction thread you would know that I was going to build a 4X8 layout. I have since decided to move my layout from my dinning room to my basement. In my basement I have at the moment a 13' X 20' space to use, with additional space in the future. I plan to fill my entire 30'X30' basement up in the future.
I want to have some main line running, switching, and some small towns branch lines. I have never done anything like this before but have wanted to do this for a number of years.
Below is a basic drawing of what my bench will look like.
Its going to have 2 lift outs so I can walk into it to access the entire layout. 26" may seam narrow but its the width of my hallway in my house so I figured it would work. The top and right side will be against walls, The left side can be extended in the future another 5' and parts of the bottom can be extended in the future. But I think I will have plenty of bench to keep me busy for a few years.
What do you guys think about the basic bench?
P.S. This will be a HO layout.
Last edited by a moderator:
